- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Building an Algorithm for Compensating AIS Error Data
AIS 에러 데이터 관리기법에 대한 연구
- Received : 2014.03.09
- Accepted : 2014.05.09
- Published : 2014.06.25
The domestic maritime environment shows higher frequency of maritime accidents amidst greater traffic volume arising from increasing international seaborne trade and maritime leisure activities. To reduce such maritime accidents, there exist various kinds of safety navigation devices in the ship bridge aimed to mitigate burdens of navigators and support their accurate decision making. Amongst is the AIS considered very important, which is an automatic tracking system to assist understanding of the circumstances in the vicinity by receiving information of other ships and also sending its own; where the information contains errors initially, however, such wrong information is periodically transmitted, accordingly giving rise to hindrance sometimes in decision making by shore operators or ship navigators at sea. This study is to propose the error data and field management algorithm using fuzzy theory toward improving reliability and accuracy in ship related information received from AIS.
Intelligent Navigation Support;AIS Error Correction;AIS Field Correction;Automatic Identification System (AIS);Fuzzy Theory
- M. Negnevitsky, Artificial intelligence second edition- a guide to intelligent system, Addison-Wesley, 2005.
- B. Hofmann-Wellenhof, H. Lichtenegger, and J. Collins, Global Positioning System : Theory and Practice, Springer, 1994.
- Benjamin R. Michael, John J. Leonard, et al., "A method for protocol-based collision avoidance between autonomous marine surface craft.", Journal of Field Robotics, Vol. 23, No .5, pp. 333-346, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.20121
- Bin Lin, and Chih-Hao Huang "Comparison between ARPA Radar and AIS Characteristics for Vessel Traffic Services.", Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 182-189, 2006.
- Hyun Chool Shin, Jung Ho Lee, Kyeong Hun Lim, Seong Myeoung Yoon and Chul Hwan Koh, "Assessment of the Impacts of 'Sea Prince' Oil Spill on the Rocky Intertidal Macrobenthos Community", Korean Journal of Environmental Biology, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 159-169, 2008.
- Byeong Ki Lee, Kun Wee Kim and Seung Hyun Hyun, "Analysis of Emergency Management System and Behavior by Oil Pollution Accident of Hebei Spirit: Based on the Risk Movernance Model", KOREAN POLICY STUDIES REVIEW, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 353-378, 2010.
- IMO, International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), Article 5. Rule 19, 1974.
- MOF, Shipping Act, marine equipment, Article 108, 2011.
- IMO, Res. A.422(Xl), Radar Observer Renewal, 1995.
- ITU, M.1371-5, Technical characteristics for an automatic identification system using time-division multiple access in the VHF maritime mobile band, 2014.
- Korea Maritime Safety Tribunal, 2012 Marine Accident Statistics, 2012.
- Korea Coast Guard, Statistical Yearbook of 2011 Marine Accidents, 2012.
- Ju-hwan Lee, Gi-Jong Jo, "A Study on Ship"s Accidents for Intelligent Analysis and Surveillance of Maritime Traffic", Conference of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 47-48, 2012.
- Hyung-Seok Kim, Min-Seok Kim, Jeong-Chang Lee, A-Reum, "Collision risk considering the international regulations for preventing collisions at sea, 1972", Journal of the Korean society of fisheries technology, Vol.45, No.2, pp.106-113, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.2.106
- Dong-Gyun Kim, Jung Sik Jeong, Gyei-Kark Park, "A Study on Ship Collision Avoidance Algorithm by COLREG", Journal of The Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 290-295, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2011.21.3.290
- Andrzej Stateczny, and Andrzej Lisaj "Radar and AIS data fusion for the needs of the maritime navigation.", Radar Symposium-IRS 2006. International. IEEE, 2006.
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원