- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Conflict Resolution of Patterns for Generating Linked Data From Tables
테이블로부터 링크드 데이터 생성을 위한 패턴 충돌 해소
- Han, Yong-Jin (School of Computer Science and Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Kweon Yang ;
- Park, Se Young (School of Computer Science and Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2014.01.28
- Accepted : 2014.03.28
- Published : 2014.06.25
Recently, many researchers have paid attention to the study on generation of new linked data from tables by using linked open data (e.g. RDF, OWL). This paper proposes a new method for such generation of linked data. A pattern-based method intrinsically has a conflict problem among patterns. For instance, several patterns, mapping a single header of a table into different properties of linked data, conflict with each others. Existing studies have sacrificed precision by applying a statistically dominant pattern or have ignored conflicting patterns to increase precision. The proposed method finds appropriate patterns for all headers in a given table by connecting patterns applied to the headers. Experiments using DBPedia and Wikipedia showed results that conflicts of patterns are effectively resolved by the proposed method.
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원
- Limaye, G., Sarawagi, S., and Chakrabarti, S., "Annotating and searching web tables using entities, types and relationships." Proceedings of VLDB, pp. 1338-1347, 2010.
- Cafarella, M.J., Halevy, A.Y.,Wang, Z.D.,Wu, E., and Zhang, Y., "Webtables: exploring the power of tables on the web," PVLDB, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 538-549, 2008.
- Yoon, S.-Y., "A Study on National Linking System Implementation based on Linked Data for Public Data," KISSE, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 259-284, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.1.259
- Carlson, A., Betteridge, J., Wang, R. C., Hruschka Jr, E. R., and Mitchell, T. M.. "Coupled semi-supervised learning for information extraction," Proceedings of WSDM, pp. 101-110, 2010.
- Mulwad, V., Finin, T., and Joshi, A.. "Semantic Message Passing for Generating Linked Data from Tables." Proceedings of ISWC, pp. 363-378, 2013.
- Wang, R. C., and Cohen, W. W., "Character-level analysis of semi-structured documents for set expansion." Proceedings of EMNLP, pp. 1503-1512. 2009.
- Kang, S.-J., "English-Korean Cross-lingual Link Discovery Using Link Probability and Named Entity Recognition," KIIS vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 191-195, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.3.191
- Kang, S.-J. and Kang I.-S., "Generalization of Ontology Instances Based on WordNet and Google," KIIS vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 363-370, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2009.19.3.363
- Chang, M.-S., "A Study on Focused Crawling of Web Document for Building of Ontology Instances," KIIS vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 363-378, 2008.
- Hurst, Matthew. "Towards a theory of tables." IJDAR, vol 8, no 2, pp. 123-131, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10032-006-0016-y
- Wang, J., Wang, H., Wang, Z., & Zhu, K. Q. "Understanding tables on the web." Proceedings of Conceptual Modeling, pp. 141-155, 2012.
- Pantel, P., and Pennacchiotti, M., "Espresso: Leveraging generic patterns for automatically harvesting semantic relations." Proceedings of ACL, pp. 113-120, 2006.
- Nakashole, N., Theobald, M., & Weikum, G., "Scalable knowledge harvesting with high precision and high recall." Proceedings of WSDM, pp. 227-236, 2011.