- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effect of the Strength of Weak Ties & Emotional Perception on the Social Network Game's Diffusion
Strength of Weak Ties와 감성적 인식이 소셜네트워크게임(SNG)의 확산에 미치는 영향 연구
- Song, Myung-Bean (KT) ;
- Yoo, Hyun-Gyu (Design & Culture Contents Research Center) ;
- Jo, Eun-Ae (Design & Culture Contents Research Center) ;
- Lee, Sang-Ho (Kyungsung University)
- Received : 2013.12.30
- Accepted : 2014.05.20
- Published : 2014.05.28
This study deals with the digital policy proposal through the path modeling study on the effect of the strength of weak ties & emotional perception leading to the user's satisfaction, WOM between game users, and the verification on the effect of the emotional real name SNS on the social network game's diffusion. Researcher confirmed that the effect of the strength of weak ties & emotional perception led to the user's satisfaction, WOM of SNG. Even though weak tie, researchers estimate that the users emotionally interact with the real name relation effect of SNS. And effective factors for WOM are not a tie relationship or emotional interactivity of weak tie antecedently but user's satisfaction. As a result, though antecedent factors (weak tie & interactivity) had a positive effect as real name SNS, eventually powerful factor of making buzz was the SNG user's satisfaction. Thus researchers expect the practical policy proposition for government & corporation, which means SNG service providers more carefully manage the service satisfaction for WOM with SNG user's experience.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- T.H. Kang, H.G. Kim, B.Y. Cho, A Study on the Antecedents of Acquaintance Recommending Action for a Mobile Social Network Game, The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 260-270, 2013.
- D.S. Kwak, K.H. Yim, J.H. Kwon, Study on the Influence of Enterprise Features of SNS Service on Relationship Commitment and On-line Word-of-Mouth, Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 225-235, 2013.
- M.J. Kim, Y.J. Choi, The Role of Twitter on Online and Offline Relationship Formation, Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 43-82, 2012.
- Y.Y. Kim, The Role of Social Interaction Influencing on Flow and Immersion in the Context of Online Games: The Moderating Effect of Offline Dependence, Information Systems Review, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 121-122, 2010.
- J.H. Kim, E.M. An, G.H. Kim, Effects of Information Directionality and Types of Information Based on Tie Strength Between Senders and Receivers on Senders' Word-of-Mouth Intention, The Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 93-112, 2006.
- C.K. Kim, S.B. Park, K.H. Kim, The Effect of Marketing Activities, Social Interactivity, Flow on Online Game Loyalty and Word of Mouth: - On the Role of Brand Attractiveness and Brand Identification as a Mediating Variables -, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 113-116, 2003.
- J.M. Nam, S. You, The Effects of SNS Quality on the Customers Satisfaction, Word-of-mouth Intention, and Purchase Intention in Arts Industry, Korean association of arts management, Vol. 27, pp. 51-74, 2013.
- S.W. Park, C.H. Lee, Factors Affecting the User Satisfaction of Social Network Games, Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 26, No.1, pp.197-202, 2013.
- S.M. Park, C.D. Kim, M.J. Chun, The Trends and Issues of Adolescent's Internet Addiction Research in Korea, The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 3-14, 2005.
- S.H. Lee, A Study on the Policy Implication on the Addiction of Social Media Service User : Focusing on the Proposal of Korean SNS Addiction Index (KSAI), Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 255-265, 2013.
- S.H. Lee, Effect of SNS User's Emotional Perception and Flow on Word of Mouth: Focusing on the Facebook User Group, Journal of Marketing Management Research, Vol.18, No.2, pp.1-23, 2013.
- S.B. Seong, The Influence of the Amusing Factors on Commitment and Satisfaction, Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 25, No.3, pp.139-147, 2012.
- D.E. Lee, A Study of Cooperative Mechanism in Social Games, Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol.12, No.4, pp.6-7, 2012.
- H.J. Lee, D.H. Chung, Influence of Perception toward Characteristics and Functions of Social Media on the Replacement Intention of Twitter and Facebook, The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp.134-135, 2012.
- H.S. Cheon, D.Y. Kim, The Effect of Brand Love, Brand Management, and Word-of-Mouth on Brand Management, The e-Business Studies, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 199-227, 2011.
- S.Y. Jeong, H.W. Jung, B.S. Seong, A Study on Commitment Factors of Social Network Game, Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 24, No. 13, pp. 156-157, 2011.
- Y.J.Choi, H.S. Hwang, S.H. Sohn, Causal Relationships among Micro-blog Use, Network Size, Social Presence, and Social Capital: A Comparative Analysis among Bonding, Bridging, and Mixing Usage of Micro-blogs, Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp.77-115, 2011.
- S.H. Ha, K.H. Im, H.U. Pae, Comparison of Online Game User Communities by using Social Network Analysis, The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 9, No. 8, pp. 178-189, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.8.178
- E. Bakshy, Rethinking Information Diversity in Networks, 2012. https://www.facebook.com/notes/ facebook-data-science/rethinking-informationdiversity- in-networks/10150503499618859.
- J. J. Brown, P. H. Reingen, Social Ties and Word-of-Mouth Referral Behavior, Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 350-362, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1086/209118
- P. Chatterjee, Online reviews: do consumers use them?, Advances in comsumer research, Vol. 28, pp. 129-133, 2001.
- M. S, Granovetter, Getting a Job: A Study of Contacts and Careers, The University of Chicago Press, 1995.
- M. S, Granovetter, The Strength of Weak Ties, American Hournal of Sociology, Vol.78, No.6, pp. 1360-1380, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1086/225469
- J. Hagel III, Net Gain: Expanding Markets Through Virtual Communities, Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 55-65, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6653(199922)13:3<55::AID-DIR4>3.0.CO;2-J
- D. I. Hawkins, J. B. Roger, A. C. Kenneth, Consumer Behavior: Building Marketing Strategy, 7th ed., The Mcgraw-Hill Companies, 1998.
- E. A. Locke, The Nature and Causes of Job Satisfaction. In Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, M. D. Dunnette(ed.), Holt, Reinhart & Winston, New York, 1297-1349, 1976.
- M. Lombard, J. Snyder-Duch, Interactive advertising and presence : framework, Journal of Interactive Advertising, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 55-65, 2010.
- E. M. Steffes, L. E. Burgee, Social ties and online word of mouth, Internet research, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 42-58, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662240910927812