- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Gelechiidae Collected from Is. Ulleung-do in the East Sea, Reporting a Newly Recorded Species from Korea and an Unknown Species
울릉도에서 채집된 뿔나방과의 보고 및 2 미기록종
- Park, Kyu-Tek (The Korean Academy of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Minyoung (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Byun, Bong-Kyu (Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, Hannam University)
- Received : 2013.12.29
- Accepted : 2014.01.20
- Published : 2014.06.01
In a faunal survey of the Gelechiidae (Lepidoptera: Gelechioidea) from Is. Ulleung-do in the East Sea of Republic of Korea, one species of Gelechiidae, Bagdadia gnomia Ponomaranko, is reported for the first time from Korea and an unknown species of the genus Bryotropa was discovered. In addition, eight species of Gelechiidae including a little known species, Dichomeris anisacuminata Li & Zheng, were first recorded from Is. Ulleung-do. Images of adults and genitalia for the newly recorded species and a little known species are provided.
- Cho, B.S., 1965. Beitrage zur Kenntnis der Insekten-fauna Insel Dagelet (Ulleung-do). Commemoration Thesis of 60th Aniversary (Natural Sciences), Korea Univ. pp. 157-205.
- Park, K.T., Ponomarenko, M.G., 2007. In: Park, K.T. (eds.). Gelechiidae of the Korean Peninsula and adjacent territories (Lepidoptera). Insects of Korea series 12. 312 pp.
- Sohn, J.C., 2007. Faunistic contribution to the Korean microlepidoptera and Pyralids (1). 40 species new to Korea. Tinea 20, 12-27.
- Byun, B.K., Lee, B.Y., Kim, S.S., 1996. Lepidoptera of the Is. Ulleung, Korea. J. Lepid. Soc. Korea. 9, 26-33.
- Byun, B.K., Park, K.T., Bae, Y.S., Lee, B.W., 2009. A check list of the microlepidoptera in Korea. Korea National Arboretum. 413 pp.
- Cho, B.S., 1955. The fauna of Dagelet Island (Ulneung-do). Bull. Sungkyunkwan Univ. 2, 179-266.
- Park, H.D., 1997. The physical geography of Ulneung-do Island. The Geographical Journal of Korea. 31, 27-40.
- Four species of micromoths new to Korea (Lepidoptera: Elachistidae, Gelechiidae, Coleophoridae) vol.7, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japb.2014.06.002