- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Lobaplatin Combined Floxuridine/Pirarubicin-based Transcatheter Hepatic Arterial Chemoembolization for Unresectable Primary Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Zhao, Chang ;
- Wang, Xu-Jie ;
- Wang, Song ;
- Feng, Wei-Hua ;
- Shi, Lei ;
- Yu, Chun-Peng
- Published : 2014.03.01
Purpose: To assess the effect and safety of lobaplatin combinated floxuridine /pirarubicin in transcatheter hepatic arterial chemoembolization(TACE) of unresectable primary liver cancer. Patients and Methods: TACE combined with the chemotherapy regimen was used to treat 34 unresectable primary liver cancer patients. DSA/MRI/CT/blood routine examinations were used to evaluate short term activity and toxicity after 4-5 weeks, the process being repeated if necessary. Results: Among the 34 cases, 1 (2.9%) showed a complete response, 21 (61.7%) a partial response, 8 (23.5%) stable disease, and 4 progressive disease, with a total effective rate of 67.6%. The content of alpha fetoprotein dropped by over 50% in 20 cases (58.8%). The rate of recovery was hepatalgia (88.2%), ascites (47.1%), appetite (55.9%), Performance Status(30.4%). The median follow-up time (MFT) was 281 days (63-558 days), and median progression-free survival was 118.5 days (95%, CI:88.8-148.2days). Adverse reactions (III-IV grade) were not common, with only 4 cases of vomiting and 2 cases of thrombocytopenia (III grade). Conclusions: Lobaplatin-based TACE is an effective and safe treatment for primary liver cancer.
Primary hepatic carcinoma;chemoembolization;platinum chemotherapy;clinical response
- Wu Q, Qin SK, Teng FM, et al (2010). Lobaplatin arrests cell cycle progression in human hepatocellular cells. J Hematol Oncol, 3, 43. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-8722-3-43
- Si Y, Hu X, Du H, et al (2013). Transarterial chemoembolization for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: A retrospective study of a 5-year experience in a single institution. Hepatogastroenterology, 60, 1405-8.
- Wang SY, Zhu WH, Vargulick S, et al (2013). Nausea and vomiting after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma: incidence and risk factor analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 5995-6000. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.10.5995
- Wang Y, Shen Y (2013). Unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma treated with transarterial chemoembolization: clinical data from a single teaching hospital. Int J Clin Exp Med, 6, 367-71.
- Zhou B, Shan H, Zhu KS, et al (2010). Chemoembolization with Lobaplatin Mixed with Iodized Oil for Unresectable Recurrent Hepatocellular Carcinoma after Orthotopic Liver Transplantation. Vasc Interv Radiol, 21, 333-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvir.2009.11.006
- Cui L, Liu XX, Jiang Y, et al (2012). Comparative study on transcatheter arterial chemoembolization, portal vein embolization and high intensity focused ultrasound sequential therapy for patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 6257-61. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.12.6257
- Deng QQ, Huang XE, Ye LH, et al (2013). Phase II trial of Loubo (R) (Lobaplatin) and pemetrexed for patients with metastatic breast cancer not responding to anthracycline or taxanes. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 413-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.413
- Huang XE, Wei GL, Huo JG, et al (2013). Intrapleural or intraperitoneal lobaplatin for treatment of patients with malignant pleural effusion or ascites. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2611-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2611
- Jiang WQ, Lin TY, Xu RH, et al (1998). A PhaseIIClinical Trial of Lobaplatin as a Single Agent in the Treatment of Breast Cancer. Pract J Cancer, 13, 294-295.
- Kong WD, Cao JM, Xu J, et al (2012). Impact of low versus conventional doses of chemotherapy during transcatheter arterial chemo-embolization on serum fibrosis indicators and survival of liver cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 4757-61. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.9.4757
- Llovet JM, Real MI, Montana X, et al (2002), Arterial embolisation or chemoembolisation versus symptomatic treatment in patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: a randomised controlled. Lancet, 359, 1734-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(02)08649-X
- McKeage MJ (2001). Lobaplatin: a new antitumour platinum drug. Expert Opin Investig Drugs, 10, 119-28. https://doi.org/10.1517/135437188.8.131.52
- Therasse P, Arbuck SG, Eisenhauer EA, et al (2000). New Guidelines to Evaluate the Response to Treatment in Solid Tumors. J Natl Cancer Inst, 92, 205-16. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/92.3.205
- Floxuridine/lobaplatin/pirarubicin vol.1554, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40278-015-2158-5
- A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Clinical Outcomes and Toxicity of Lobaplatin- Versus Cisplatin-Based Concurrent Chemotherapy Plus Radiotherapy and High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy for FIGO Stage II and III Cervical Cancer vol.16, pp.14, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.14.5957
- MicroRNA Gene Polymorphisms in Evaluating Therapeutic Efficacy After Transcatheter Arterial Chemoembolization for Primary Hepatocellular Carcinoma vol.20, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1089/gtmb.2016.0073
- A randomized and open-label phase II trial reports the efficacy of neoadjuvant lobaplatin in breast cancer vol.9, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-03210-2