- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Bouncing Phenomenon due to the Deterioration of the Relay Contact
릴레이 접점 열화에 따른 바운싱 현상 분석
- Ryu, Jae-Man (Department of Electrical Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Choi, Sun-Ho (Department of Electrical Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Park, Ki-Hoon (Department of Electrical Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Huh, Chang-Su (Department of Electrical Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2014.03.06
- Accepted : 2014.03.17
- Published : 2014.06.01
The relay used is gradually increased. Because it is possible to easily control the high voltage and current. Bounce phenomenon is generated in contact during operation relay. As the result, arc is generated at the contact, thereby shortening the contact lifetime. In this study, we analyzed the bouncing phenomenon due to deterioration. It can be seen from the experimental results, and it is minimized at about 100,000 times. Bouncing phenomenon to increase again after the minimization. Consequently, the bouncing related to contact weight and shape of contact surface.
- J. M. Ryu, S. H. Choi, and C. S. Huh, KIIEE, 27, 41 (2013).
- L. Morin, N. B. Jemaa, and D. Jeannot, IEEE T. Compon. Pack. T., 23, 240 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1109/6144.846760
- Y. K. Ko, S. S. Cho, H. Huh, S. Y. Lee, H. T. Park, and I. S. Oh, ISIE, 189 (2009).
- P. G. Slade, Electrical Contacts: Principles and Applications (Marcel Dekker, 1999) p. 735.
- C. Schrank, A. R. Neuhaus, and M. Reichart, Electrical Contact, 130 (2007).
- R. Holm, Electric Contacts Theory and Application (Springer, 1999)
- M. Braunovic, N. K. Myshkin, and V. V. Konchits, Electrical Contacts: Fundamentals, Applications and Technology (CRC Press, 2007)