- Volume 15 Issue 8
To assess inhibition mechanisms of a Phellinus igniarius (PI) extract on cancer, C57BL/6 mice were orally treated with PI extractive after or before implanting H22 (hepatocellular carcinoma ) or B16 (melanoma) cells. Mice were orally gavaged with different doses of PI for 36 days 24h after introduction of H22 or B16 cells. Mice in another group were orally treated as above daily for 42 days and implanted with H22 cells on day 7. Then the T lymphocyte, antibody, cytokine, LAK, NK cell activity in spleen, tumor cell apoptosis status and tumor inhibition in related organs, as well as the expression of iNOS and PCNA in tumor tissue were examined. The PI extract could improve animal immunity as well as inhibit cancer cell growth and metastasis with a dose-response relationship. Notably, PI's regulation with the two kinds of tumor appeared to occur in different ways, since the antibody profile and tumor metastasis demonstrated variation between animals implanted with hepatocellular carcinoma and melanoma cells.
Phellinus igniarius;hepatoma;melanoma;cell lines;immunological mechanism
- Yang Q (2002). Liquid fermentation of PI and antitumor activity of proteoglycan from its mycelia. China excellent master thesis database, 9, 126-7.
- Wu WW, Zhang P, Li SH, et al (2007). The direct repress sive effect of polysaccharide from Phellinus baumii pilat on tumor cell line S180. J Jinzhou Medical College 28 18-20.
- Xiong JA, Lu HD (2000). Effect of Lentinan on immune functions of patients with recurrent respiratory tract infection. Chinese J Pharmacoepidemiology, 9, 126-7.
- Yang JH, Hu J, Wan L, et al (2014). Barbigerone inhibits tumor angiogenesis, growth and metastasis in melanoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 167-74. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.1.167
- Zhang BH and Ning CQ (2003). The research progress of liver cancer chemotherapy. Foreign Med Sci Oncol Sect, 30, 384-7.
- Zhang CF and Huang RH (2007). The pharmacological effects of R are Medicinal Bacterium-PI. Special wild economic anima land plant research, 1, 68-70.
- Zhang JT (1998). Modern Experimental Methods in Pharmacology. Beijing Medical University PekingUnion Medical College Press, Beijing, 739-43.
- Zhang M, Ji XG, Bei ZC (2006). Studies on the anti tumor activity of Phellinus linteus. Pharmacol Clinics Chinese, 22, 56-8.
- Zhao L, Zhang HF (2008). Inhibitory effects of polysaccharides extracted from Phellius linteus on the proliferation and metastasis of Ho-8910 PM and Bcap-37. J East China Normal University, 2, 78-84.
- Qiu S, Huang S, Huang J, et al (2010). Antitumor activity of the water-soluble polysaccharide from Hyriopsis cumingii in vitro. Toxicol Industrial Hlth, 26, 151-61. https://doi.org/10.1177/0748233710362376
- Liu MG, Tao LX, Liang XQ, et al (2001). Analysis of effects of aweto against planted tumor of liver carcinoma ascetic strain on juvenile mice of different sexes. J Guangxi Med University, 18, 21-3.
- Liu SX, Li NC and Fei HB (1995). Effects of on Lentinan infusion immune function in children with recurrent respiratory tract infections. Shanghai J Immun, 15, 27-8.
- Prabhu VV, Guruvayoorappan C (2013). Inhibition of metastatic lung cancer in C57BL/6 mice by marine mangrove Rhizophora apiculata. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 1833-40. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.1833
- Su S, Zhou H, Xue M, et al (2013). Anti-tumor efficacy of a hepatocellular carcinoma vaccine based on dendritic cells combined with tumor-derived autophagosomes in murine models. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 3109-16. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.5.3109
Thornton BP, Vetvicka V, Pitman M, et al (1996). Analysis of the sugar specificity and molecular location of the
$\beta$-glucanbinding lectin site of complement receptor type 3 (CD11b/CD18). J Immunol, 156, 1235-46.
- Wang YH (2008). Effects of dry matter of culture broth and its fractions from PI in submerged culture on transplanted murine Hepatima 22 in mice. Dissertation, Jiang Nan University, 2008.
- Wen K, Chen J, Li H, et al (2002). Comparision of antitumor activity among four antitumor drugs including Phellinus linteus. J Jilin University, 28, 247.
- Wu L, Liu YY, Li ZX, et al (2014). Anti-tumor effects of penfluridol through dysregulation of cholesterol homeostasis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 489-94. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.1.489
- Lee HJ, Lee HJ, Lim ES, et al (2005). Cambodian Phellinus linteus inhibits experimental matastasis of melanoma cells in mice via regulation of urokinase type plasminogen activator. Biol Pharm Bull, 28, 27-31. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.28.27
- Kim HM, Han SB, Oh GT, et al (1996). Stimulation of humoral and cell mediated immunity by polysaccbaride from mushroom Phellinus linteus. Intern J Immunopharmacal, 18, 295-303. https://doi.org/10.1016/0192-0561(96)00028-8
- Kim YS, Park KS, Park HK, et al (1994). Compositional sugar analysis of antitumor polysaccharides by high performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography. Arch Pharm Res, 17, 337-42. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02974173
- Ladanyi H (1993). Effect of lentinan on macrophage cytotoxicity against metastatic tumor necrosis factor. Immunol Immunother, 36, 123-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01754412
- Li DF, Ge HQ, Tai JH, et al (1997). Effects of astraglus and ginsenoside on the in vitro anti-tumor activities of infiltrating lymphocyte in pulmonary carcinoma. Chinese J Immunol, 13, 296-8.
- Li GJ,Wu GY, Cui JC, et al (1998). Culture and application of mycelia of Phellinus linteus. Edible fungi of China, 17, 27-8.
- Li MJ, Wu DL, Wu DZ, et al (1997). Antitumor effect of Lentinan on murine sarcoma S180 model. J Immunolgical, 13, 243-5.
- Li XL, Wang ZH, Zhao YX, et al (2012). Isolation and antitumor activities of acidic polysaccharide from Gynostemma pentaphyllum Makino. Carbohydrate Polymers, 89, 942-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2012.04.040
- Liang M, Li S, Shen B, et al (2012). Anti-hepatocarcinoma effects of Aconitum coreanum polysaccharides. Carbohydrate Polymers, 88, 973-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2012.01.050
- Liu L, Jia J, Zeng G, et al (2013). Studies on immunoregulatory and anti-tumor activities of a polysaccharide from Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge. Carbohydrate Polymers, 92, 479-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2012.09.061
- Fan J, Wang Q, Xue M, et al (2004). Primary research on culture medium of generating extracellular polysaccharide of Phellinus igniarius. Food Science and technology, 2, 93-5.
- Ge Q (2009). Isolation, purification, Structuralelucituion and chemical modification of polysachafjdes from the fruiting bodies of Phellinus baumii pilat. Dissertation, Zhejiang University.
- Guo X, Zou X, Sun M (2010). Optimization of extraction process by response surface methodology and preliminary characterization of polysaccharides from PI. Carbohyd Polym, 80, 344-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2009.11.028
- Han SB, Lee CW, Jeon YJ, et al (1999). The inhibitory effect of polyaacharide isolated from Phellinus linteus on tumor growth and metastasis. Immunopharmacalogy, 41, 157-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0162-3109(98)00063-0
- Ikekawa T, Nakanishi M, Uehara N, et al (1968). Antitmor action of some basidiomycetes, especially Phellinus linteus. Gann, 59, 155-7.
- Kang IC, Kim SA, Song GY, et al (2003). Effects of the ethyl aceteta franction of Spatholobi caulis on tumor cell aggregation and migration. Phytother Res, 17, 163-7. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.1226
- Impact of IL-2 and IL-2R SNPs on Proliferation and Tumor-killing Activity of Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells from Healthy Chinese Blood Donors vol.15, pp.18, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.18.7965
Supported by : National Natural Science Funds of China