- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The CCND1 G870A Gene Polymorphism and Brain Tumor Risk: a Meta-analysis
- Qin, Ling-Yan (Department of Clinical Laboratory, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Zhao, Li-Gang (Department of Clinical Laboratory, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Chen, Xu (Department of Clinical Laboratory, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Li, Ping (Department of Clinical Laboratory, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Yang, Zheng (Department of Clinical Laboratory, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Mo, Wu-Ning (Department of Clinical Laboratory, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University)
- Published : 2014.04.30
Background: In recent years, numerous studies have been performed to investigate the CCND1 G870A gene polymorphism impact on brain tumors susceptibility. Unfortunately, the results of previous studies were inconsistent. Therefore, we performed a meta-analysis to derive a more precise estimation of any association. Materials and Methods: We conducted a search in PubMed, Embase and CNKI covering all published papers up to November, 2013. Odds ratios (ORs) and their 95% confidence intervals (95%CIs) were applied to assess associations. Results: A total of 6 publications including 9 case-control studies met the inclusion criteria. The pooled ORs for the total included studies showed significant association among comparison A vs G (OR= 1.246, 95%CI= 1.092-1.423, p= 0.001), homozygote comparison AA vs GG (OR= 1.566, 95%CI= 1.194-2.054, p= 0.001), heterozygote comparison AG vs GG (OR= 1.290, 95%CI= 0.934-1.782, p= 0.122), dominant model AA/GA vs GG (OR= 1.381, 95%CI= 1.048-1.821, p= 0.022) and recessive model AA vs GA/GG (OR= 1.323, 95%CI= 1.057-1.657, p= 0.015) especially in glioma. Conclusions: CCND1 G870A polymorphism may increase brain tumor risk, especially for gliomas. However, more primary large scale and well-designed studies are still required to evaluate the interaction of CCND1 G870A polymorphism with brain tumor risk.
- Zeybek U, Yaylim I, Ozkan NE, et al (2013). Cyclin D1 gene G870A variants and primary brain tumors. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4101-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4101
- Wang L, Habuchi T, Mitsumori K, et al (2003). Increased risk of prostate cancer associated with AA genotype of cyclin D1 gene A870G polymorphism. Int J Cancer, 103, 116-20. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.10793
- Wang Y, Li Z, Liu N, et al (2014). Association between CCND1 and XPC polymorphisms and bladder cancer risk: a metaanalysis based on 15 case-control studies. Tumour Biol, 35, 3155-65. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13277-013-1412-9
- Yang Y, Wang F, Shi C, et al (2012). Cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism contributes to colorectal cancer susceptibility: evidence from a systematic review of 22 case-control studies. Plos One, 7, 36813. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0036813
- Sadetzki S, Flint-Richter P, Starinsky S, et al (2005). Genotyping of patients with sporadic and radiationassociated meningiomas. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 14, 969-76. https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-04-0366
- Mantel N, Haenszel W (1959). Statistical aspects of the analysis of data from retrospective studies of disease. J Natl Cancer Inst, 22, 719-48.
- Qiuling S, Yuxin Z, Suhua Z, et al (2003). Cyclin D1 gene polymorphism and susceptibility to lung cancer in a Chinese population. Carcinogenesis, 24, 1499-503. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgg035
- Rajaraman P, Wang SS, Rothman N, et al (2007). Polymorphisms in apoptosis and cell cycle control genes and risk of brain tumors in adults. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 16, 1655-61. https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-07-0314
- Sherr CJ (1995). D-type cyclins. Trends Biochem Sci, 20, 187-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0968-0004(00)89005-2
- Simpson DJ, Fryer AA, Grossman AB, et al (2001). Cyclin D1 (CCND1) genotype is associated with tumour grade in sporadic pituitary adenomas. Carcinogenesis, 22, 1801-7. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/22.11.1801
- Solomon DA, Wang Y, Fox SR, et al (2003). Cyclin D1 splice variants. Differential effects on localization, RB phosphorylation, and cellular transformation. J Biol Chem, 278, 30339-47. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M303969200
- Stuck AE, Rubenstein LZ, Wieland D (1998). Bias in metaanalysis detected by a simple, graphical test. Asymmetry detected in funnel plot was probably due to true heterogeneity. BMJ, 316, 469. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.316.7129.469
- Tobias A, Campbell MJ (1999). Modelling influenza epidemics in the relation between black smoke and total mortality. A sensitivity analysis. J Epidemiol Community Health, 53, 583-4. https://doi.org/10.1136/jech.53.9.583
- Vogelstein B, Kinzler KW (2004). Cancer genes and the pathways they control. Nat Med, 10, 789-99. https://doi.org/10.1038/nm1087
- Donnellan R, Chetty R (1998). Cyclin D1 and human neoplasia. Mol Pathol, 51, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1136/mp.51.1.1
- Daly AF, Rixhon M, Adam C, et al (2006). High prevalence of pituitary adenomas: a cross-sectional study in the province of Liege, Belgium. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 91, 4769-75. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2006-1668
- DerSimonian R, Laird N (1986). Meta-analysis in clinical trials. Control Clin Trials, 7, 177-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-2456(86)90046-2
- Diehl JA (2002). Cycling to cancer with cyclin D1. Cancer Biol Ther, 1, 226-31. https://doi.org/10.4161/cbt.72
- Egger M, Davey Smith G, Schneider M, Minder C (1997). Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test. BMJ, 315, 629-34. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.315.7109.629
- Evan GI, Vousden KH (2001). Proliferation, cell cycle and apoptosis in cancer. Nature, 411, 342-8. https://doi.org/10.1038/35077213
- Galbraith RF (1988). A note on graphical presentation of estimated odds ratios from several clinical trials. Stat Med, 7, 889-94. https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.4780070807
- Gazioglu NM, Erensoy N, Kadioglu P, et al (2007). Altered cyclin D1 genotype distribution in human sporadic pituitary adenomas. Med Sci Monit, 13, 457-63.
- Gijtenbeek JM, Boots-Sprenger SH, Franke B, et al (2005). Cyclin D1 genotype and expression in sporadic hemangioblastomas. J Neurooncol, 74, 261-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11060-004-7326-z
- Inskip PD, Linet MS, Heineman EF (1995). Etiology of brain tumors in adults. Epidemiol Rev, 17, 382-414.
- Kong S, Amos CI, Luthra R, et al (2000). Effects of cyclin D1 polymorphism on age of onset of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. Cancer Res, 60, 249-52.
- Liu J, Liao Q, Zhang Y, et al (2012). Cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Tumour Biol, 33, 1467-76. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13277-012-0397-0
- Betticher DC, Thatcher N, Altermatt HJ, et al (1995). Alternate splicing produces a novel cyclin D1 transcript. Oncogene, 11, 1005-11.
- Akkiz H, Bayram S, Bekar A, et al (2010). Cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Turkish population: casecontrol study. Cancer Epidemiol, 34, 298-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2010.02.011
- Bala S, Peltomaki P (2001). CYCLIN D1 as a genetic modifier in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. Cancer Res, 61, 6042-5.
- Bedewy AM, Mostafa MH, Saad AA, et al (2013). Association of cyclin D1 A870G polymorphism with two malignancies:acute lymphoblastic leukemia and breast cancer. J BUON, 18, 227-38.
- Bondy ML, Scheurer ME, Malmer B, et al (2008). Brain tumor epidemiology: consensus from the Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium. Cancer, 113, 1953-68. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.23741
- Cander S, Erturk E, Karkucak M, et al (2012). Effect of cycline D1 (CCND1) gene polymorphism on tumor formation and behavior in patients with prolactinoma. Gene, 509, 158-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gene.2012.07.056
- Catarino R, Coelho A, Nogueira A, et al (2012). Cyclin D1 polymorphism in non-small cell lung cancer in a Portuguese population. Cancer Biomark, 12, 65-72.
- Chen B, Cao L, Yang P, et al (2012). Cyclin D1 (CCND1) G870A gene polymorphism is an ethnicity-dependent risk factor for digestive tract cancers: a meta-analysis comprising 20, 271 subjects. Cancer Epidemiol, 36, 106-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2011.04.007
- Chen X, Zhao T, Li L, et al (2012). CCND1 G870A polymorphism with altered cyclin D1 transcripts expression is associated with the risk of glioma in a Chinese population. DNA Cell Biol, 31, 1107-13. https://doi.org/10.1089/dna.2011.1521
- Association of Cyclin D1 Variants with Head and Neck Cancer Susceptibility: Evidence from a Meta-analysis vol.15, pp.14, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.14.5645
- Association Between PARP1 Single Nucleotide Polymorphism and Brain Tumors vol.53, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-015-9168-4