- Volume 39C Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Prioritized Transmission Scheme for Three-Dimensional Integral Imaging
3차원 집적 영상을 위한 우선순위 전송 기법
- Cho, Myungjin (Hankyong National University, Department of Electrical, Electronic and Control Engineering, and the Institute for Information Technology Convergence) ;
- Choi, Hyun-Ho (Hankyong National University, Department of Electrical, Electronic and Control Engineering, and the Institute for Information Technology Convergence)
- Received : 2014.03.14
- Accepted : 2014.05.07
- Published : 2014.05.31
In this paper, we consider a representative integral imaging method in glasses-free 3D image processing and propose a prioritized transmission scheme for guaranteeing a received video quality in error-prone environments. According to the correlation of pixels consisting of each voxel of integral image, we set the priority differently and apply the modulation level according to this priority value. That is to say, the corresponding pixels with small variance are set to a high priority and transmitted by using a low level modulation that is robust under transmission errors, but the corresponding pixels with greater variance are set to a lower priority and transmitted by using a high level modulation that has a high bit error rate but fast transmission rate. Result shows that the proposed scheme that applies the error-robust modulation level to the important image bit stream with the high priority improves the peak to sidelobe ratio (PSR) of the received 3D image, compared with a typical method that use the same modulation level without distinction of priorities.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- G. Lippmann, "La photographie integrale," Comptes-Rendus Academie des Sciences, vol. 146, no. 9, pp. 446-451, May 1908.
- S. A. Benton and V. M. Bove, Holographic Imaging, New York: Wiley-Interscience, 2008.
- M. Cho, M. Daneshpanah, I. Moon, and B. Javidi, "Three-dimensional optical sensing and visualization using integral imaging," in Proc. IEEE, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 556-575, Mar. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2010.2090114
- S.-H. Hong, J.-S. Jang, and B. Javidi, "Three-dimensional volumetric object reconstruction using computational integral imaging," Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 483-491, Feb. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1364/OPEX.12.000483
- J. Chakareski, "Adaptive multiview video streaming: challenges and opportunities," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 94-100, May 2013.
- A. S. Tan, A. Aksay, C. Bilen, G. B. Akar, and E. Arikan, "Error resilient layered stereoscopic video streaming," in Proc. 3DTVCON, pp. 1-4, Kos Island, Greece, May 2007.
- K. M. Alajel, W. Xiang, and Y. Wang, "Unequal error protection scheme based hierarchical 16-QAM for 3-D video transmission," IEEE Trans. Consumer Elect., vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 731-738, Sept. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2012.6311311
- C.T.E.R. Hewage, S. Nasir, S.T. Worrall, and M.G. Martini, "Prioritized 3D video distribution over IEEE 802.11e," in Proc. Future Netw. Mobile Summit, pp. 1-9, Florence, Jun. 2010.
- C. T. E. R. Hewage, Z. Ahmad, S. T. Worrall, S. Dogan, W. A. C. Fernando and A. Kondoz, "Unequal error protection for backward compatible 3-D video transmission over WiMAX," in Proc. IEEE ISCAS, pp. 125-128, Taipei, Taiwan, May 2009.
- A. Aksay, M. O. Bici, D. Bugdayci, A. Tikanmaki, A. P. Gotchev, and G. B. Akar, "A study on the effect of MPE-FEC for 3D video broadcasting over DVB-H," in Proc. Int. Mobile Multimedia Commun., pp. 1-4, London, UK, Sept. 2009.
- O. H. Salim and W. Xiang, "Prioritized 3-D video transmission over cooperative MIMOOFDM systems," in Proc. DICTA, pp. 225-230, Noosa, QLD, Dec. 2011.
- C. T. E. R. Hewage, S. Worrall, S. Dogan, and A. M. Kondoz, "Frame concealment algorithm for stereoscopic video using motion vector sharing," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Multimedia and Expo, pp. 485-488, Hannover, Germany, Jun.-Apr. 2008.
- J. Lee, D. Yoon, K. Hyun, and S. K. Park, "Performance of Generalized BER for Hierarchical MPSK Signal," J. KICS, vol. 31, no. 9C, pp. 817-928, Sept. 2006.
- B. Javidi, "Nonlinear Joint Power Spectrum Based Optical Correlation," Appl. Opt., vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 2358-2367, Jun. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.28.002358