- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Satisfaction of Nursing Services for Elderly hospitalized in Attended Ward and General Ward
입원 노인환자를 대상으로 안심병동과 일반병동의 간호서비스 만족도 비교
- Received : 2014.03.24
- Accepted : 2014.05.08
- Published : 2014.05.31
This study is to provide basic data for the improvement of nursing services. A survey was done of 135 patients over the age of 65 in a general ward and an attended ward of a hospital in Seoul from December 5 to December 31, 2014 in order to assess their satisfaction with the nursing services. It was found that appropriately staffed nursing services as in attended wards showed greater patients' satisfaction than ordinarily staffed nursing services in general wards(t=3.45, p=.001). Significantly higher satisfaction levels were shown with the nursing services of the attended wards in the subcategories: professional technic(t=2.96, p=.004), training(t=.30, p=.001), and confidence(t=3.79, p<.001). Among the subcategories, confidence was the highest satisfaction factor followed by professional technic and education. The results suggest the need of securing an appropriate number of nursing staff in a ward to enhance patients' satisfaction.
Nursing services;Elderly;Satisfaction;Attended ward
- J. Kang, Directions of Institutionalization for comprehensive nursing services, Attended Ward Hospital Symposium Celebrating the 1st Anniversary, pp. 85-92. 2014.
- S. O. Cha, & J. H. Park, Reason for guardians attending on patients of university hospital, their nursing role and problems associated with their attendance, Journal of Korean Public Health Association, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 50-71, 1991.
- M. S. Song, A study on managing caregivers in general hospitals, Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul. 1992.
- S. K. Park, A study on the inpatient environment conditions of medical institutions, Cheongwon: Korea health industry development institute, 2012.
- S. K. Park, A. R. Jung, & H. S. Jung, A handbook of statistics of medical resources, Cheongwon: Korea health industry development institute, 2013.
- S. J. You, & Y. K. Choi, Institutionalization of a patient-sitter program in acute care hospitals, Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 370-379, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.06.370 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.06.370
- S. H. Park, Analysis of direct nursing activity and patient outcomes related to graded fee of nursing management for inpatient, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 122-129, 2003. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.1.122
- Y. M. Kim, S. H. Cho, K. J. June, S. A. Shin, & J. Y. Kim, Effects of hospital nurse staffing on in-hospital mortality, pneumonia, sepsis, and urinary tract infection in surgical patients, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. 719-729, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.5.719 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.5.719
- S. J. Yu, (A) Demonstration project for the nursing care improvement, Seoul: Ministry for health, welfare and family affairs, 2008.
- S .H. Cho, & H. R. Kim, Family and paid caregivers of hospitalized patients in Korea. Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vol. 15, pp. 946-953, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2006.01342.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2006.01342.x
- K. D. Min, Comparison of the admission patient's satisfaction between public and private medical center, Master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon, 2005.
- E. J. Yang, The comparison of contentment and its importance in nurse service which both patients and nurses can feel, Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University, Yongin, 2002.
- L. H. Aiken, S. P. Clarke, D. M. Sloane, J. Sochalski, & J. H. Silber, Hospital nurse staffing and patient mortality, nurse burnout, and job dissatisfaction. Journal of American Medical Association, Vol. 288, pp. 1987-1993, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.16.1987 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.16.1987
- H. S. Jang, A comparative study on satisfaction level of the inpatients cared by family members and professional caregivers, Unpublished master's thesis, Mokwon University, Daejeon, 2002.
- J. B. Kim, & Y. J. Choi, Public health dentistry, Seoul: Komoonsa, 2012.
- N. M. Hwang, B. H. Choi, H. T. Park, & D. J. Kim, A study of institutionalization of caregiver service, Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2006.
- S. G. Lee, S. I. Park, & Y. K. Lee, General features of caregiving relatives of patients admitted in general hospitals, Chungnam Medical Journal, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 117-128, 1998.
- K. O. Chung, Consumer satisfaction with paid caregiving in general hospitals according to type of paid caregiver, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 375-386, 2004.
- E. A. Cho, A study on international of hospital caregivers' through reconstruction of caregiving, Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungnam University, Changwon, 2007.
- H. J. Lee, How about family-less hospital?, Journal of Korean Institute of Healthcare Architectur, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 79-81, 2007.
- H. H. Gil, Job analysis of the nursing care service in hospital without a guardian, Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2011.
- Y. I. Kim, Evaluation and present of health care policy, Journal of Korean Society of Hospital Pharmacists, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 90-94, 1994.
- J. Kang, The nursing care service in hospital without a guardian from: http://www.mw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&M ENU_ID=0403&CONT_SEQ=288740&page=1
- S. J. You, Increasing the use of nursing staff in hospitals instead of relying on family members' assistance, Perspectives in Nursing Science, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 77-82, 2009.
- R. Kim, Seoul city to run 'hospitals without guardians' from: http://koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2012/07/113_115831.html
- Comparison of satisfaction and need on nursing service perceived by the patients and nurses vol.26, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.1.169