- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Reliability and Validity of Korean Version of the SWAL-QOL
한국판 SWAL-QOL의 신뢰도와 타당도
- Kim, Se-Yun (Dept. of Occupational Therapy, College of Health & Welfare, Woosuk University) ;
- Cha, Yu-Jin (Dept. of Occupational Therapy, Semyung University)
- Received : 2014.01.08
- Accepted : 2014.05.08
- Published : 2014.05.31
The Purpose of the this study was to identify reliability and validity of the Korean version of the Swallowing Quality of Life questionnaire(KSWAL-QOL). The study was performed in 71 patients diagnosed dysphagia by videofluoroscopy and 80 healthy swallowers. The reliability was good with a Cronbach's
- T. H. Cha, M. Y. Jung, B. I. Chung, and T. Y. Lee, "The correlation between dietary stages and quality of life assessed by SWL-QOL in patients with dysphagia", Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 63-75, 2010.
- D. E. Beaton, C. Bombardier, F. Guillemin, M. B. Ferraz, "Guidelines for the Process of Cross-cultural Adaption of Self-report Measures", Spine, Vol. 25, No. 24, pp. 3186-3191, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200012150-00014 https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200012150-00014
- J. C. Nunnally, and I. H. Bernstein. Psychometric theory. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altmann, "Cronbach's alpha", BMJ, Vol. 314, pp. 572, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.314.7080.572
- C. McHorney, D. Bricker, A. Kramer, J. Rosenbek, J. Robbins, K. Chignell, J. Logemann, and. C. Clarke, "The SWAL-QOL outcomes tool for oropharyngeal dysphagia in adults: I. Conceptual foundation and item development", Dysphagia, Vol. 15, pp. 115-121, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004550010012
- P. M. Lam, and C. K. Y. Lai, "The Validation of the Chinese version of the swallow quality of life questionnaire using exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis", Dysphagia, Vol. 26, pp. 117-124, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00455-010-9272-6 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-010-9272-6
- S. Langmore, "Efficacy of behavioral treatment for oropharyngeal", Dysphagia, Vol. 10, pp. 259-262, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00431419 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00431419
- J. C. Rosenbek, "Efficacy in dysphagia", Dysphagia, Vol. 10, pp. 263-267, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00431420 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00431420
- C. McHorney, D. Bricker, J. Robbins, A. Kramer, J. Rosenbek, K. Chignell, "The SWAL-QOL outcomes tool for oropharyngeal dysphagia in adults: II. Item reduction and preliminary scaling", Dysphagia, Vol. 15, pp. 122-133, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004550010013
- A. K. Costa Bandeira, E. H. Azevedo, J. G. Vartanian, I. N. Nishimoto, L. P. Kowalski, and E. Carrara-de Angelis, "Quality of life related to swallowing after tongue cancer treatment", Dysphagia, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 183-192, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00455-007-9124-1 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-007-9124-1
- J. W. Roe, P. Leslie, and M. J. Drinnan, "Oropharyngeal dysphagia: the experience of patients with non-head and neck cancers receiving specialist palliative care", Palliative medicine, Vol. 21, No. 7, pp. 567-574, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0269216307082656 https://doi.org/10.1177/0269216307082656
- E. Khaldoun, V. Woisard, and E. Verin, " Validation in French of the SWAL-QOL scale in patients with oropharyngeal dysphagia", Gastroenterol Clin Biol, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 167-71, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gcb.2008.12.012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gcb.2008.12.012
- H. C. A. Bogaardt, R. Speyer, L. W. J. Baijens, and W. J. Fokkens, "Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Dutch version of SWAL-QOL", Dysphagia, Vol. 24, pp. 66-70, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00455-008-9174-z https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-008-9174-z
- M. J. Cho, B. J. Ham, D. W. Seo, et al., "Development of Korean version of the Composite International Diagnostic Interview (K-CIDI)", Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 123-137, 2002.
- WHO, World Health Organization. Procedures the development of new language versions of the WHO Composite International Diagnostic Interview(WHO-CIDI). Geneva, Switzerland, 1998.
- C. McHorney, J. Robbins, K. Lomax, J. Rosenbek, K. Chignell, A. Kramer, and D. Bricker, "The SWAL-QOL and SWAL-CARE outcomes tool for oropharyngeal dysphagia in adults: III. Documentation of reliability and validity", Dysphagia, Vol. 17, pp. 97-114, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-001-0109-1
- S. J. Lovell, H. B. Wong, K. S. Loh, R.Y.S. Ngo, and J.A. Wilson, "Impact of dysphagia on quality of life in nasopharyngeal carcinoma", Head and Neck, Vol. 10, pp. 864-872, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hed.20250 https://doi.org/10.1002/hed.20250
- O. Ekberg, S. Hamdy, V. Woisard, A. Wuttge-Hanning, P, Ortega, "Social and psychological burden of dysphagia: Its impact on diagnosis and treatment", Dysphagia, Vol. 17, pp. 139-146, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00455-001-0113-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-001-0113-5
- C. Finizia, I. Rudberg, H. Bergqvist, and A. Ryden, "A cross-sectional validation study of the Swedish version of SWAL-QOL", Dysphagia, Vol. 27, pp. 325-335, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00455-011-9369-6 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-011-9369-6
- M. B. Kronenberger, and A. D. Meyers, "Dysphagia following head and neck cancer surgery", Dysphagia, Vol. 9, pp. 236-244, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00301917 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00301917
- J. C. Rosenbek, J. Robbins, E. B. Roecker, M. A. Coyle, and J. L. A. Wood, "A Penetration- aspiration scale", Dysphagia, Vol. 11, pp. 93-98, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00417897 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00417897
- J. A. Logemann, "Evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders, end ed. Austin, TX: Pro-ed, 1998.
- Cross-Cultural Adaptation and Validation of the SWAL-QoL Questionnaire in Greek pp.1432-0460, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-017-9837-8