- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Relationship among Gender-Role Identity, Gender Stereotype, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention of Male Nurses
남성 간호사의 성 역할정체감, 성 고정관념, 직무만족 및 이직의도의 관계
- Received : 2014.01.27
- Accepted : 2014.05.08
- Published : 2014.05.31
This study was conducted to investigate of gender-role identity, gender stereotype, job satisfaction and turnover intention in male nurses. The data were obtained from 86 male nurses with from August to December 2012.The data were analyzed by SPSS/WIN 18.0 program. The results showed that gender-role identity types were androgyny(33.7%), Undifferentiated(30.2%), feminity(19.8%) and masculinity(16.3%). Androgyny style was appeared that higher job satisfaction(
Gender-Role Stereotype;Job Satisfaction;Male Nurse;Turnover
- J. Sochalski. Nursing shortage redux: turning the corner on an enduring problem. Health Affairs, 21, 5, pp. 157-64. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.21.5.157 https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.21.5.157
- E. S. An. Study on Male Nurse' Gender Stereotype and Job Satisfaction. Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, Seongnam. 2010.
- E. S. An, S. K. Chu. Study on Male Nurse' Gender Stereotype and Job Satisfaction. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 17, 1, pp. 14-21. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.1.14 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.1.14
- J. H. Lou, H. Y. Yu, H. Y. Hsu, H. D. Dai. A study of Role Stress, Organizational commitmet and intention to Quit Among Male Nurses in Southern Taiwan. Journal of Nursing Research, 15, 1, pp. 43-53. 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/01.JNR.0000387598.40156.d2 https://doi.org/10.1097/01.JNR.0000387598.40156.d2
- D. J. Lee. The relationships among satisfaction in major, gender identity, and gender stereotypes of male nursing students. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeonsei University, Seoul. 2004.
- J. M. Park, S. J. Lee. Comparison of Gender Stereotype between Female Nursing Students and Humanities Students. J korean Acad Community Nurs, 20, 4, pp. 412-20. 2009.
- J. H. Choi. Related Factors the Job Satisfaction, Burnout and Turnover Intention of Male Nurse, Unpublished master's thesis, Dong-a University, Busan. 2012.
- M. Y. Kim. An Exploratory Study of Masculinity in Nursing. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 12, 2, pp. 37-46. 2009.
- D. Rajacich, D. Kane, C. Williston, S. Cameron. If They Do Call You a Nurse, It Is Always a 'Male Nurse': Experiences of Men in the Nursing Profession. Nurs Forum, 48, 1, pp. 71-80. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nuf.12008 https://doi.org/10.1111/nuf.12008
- C. Santry, S. Gainsbury, S. Ford. Top hospitals show bias for male nurse directors. Nurs Times 32, 1. pp. 17-23. 2010.
- D. Stanley. Celluloid devils: a research study of male nurses in feature films. J Adv Nurs, 68, 11, pp. 2526-37. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.05952.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.05952.x
- J. K. Chung, Korean Sex Role Inventory. Korean Journal of Social Psycholosy, 5, 1, pp. 82-92. 1990.
- Y. R. Kim. A Study on the Turnover Intention of the Oncology Nurse. Unpublished master's thesis, Cheonnam National University. Gwangju. 2007.
- M. J. Kang, H. J. Lee. A Phenomenological Study on Nurses' Experiences of Turnover. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 9 ,3, pp. 305-14. 2003.
- S. Y. Lee. A Study on Job satisfaction and intentions of turnover of male nurse. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul. 2004.
- H. M. Son, M. H. Koh, C. M. Kim, J. H. Moon, M. S. Yi. The male nurse's experiences of adaptation in clinical setting. J Korean acad Nurs. 33, 1, pp. 17-25. 2003. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.1.17
- K. H. Ahn, J. M. Seo, S. K. Hwang. Content Analysis of Male Hospital Nurses's Experiences. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 21, 6, pp. 652-65. 2009.
- J. E. Roth, C. L. Coleman. Perceived and real barriers for men entering nursing: Implications for gender diversity. Jonunal of cultural Diversity, 15, 3, pp. 148-52. 2008.
- R. J. Meadus, J. C. Twomey. Man in nursing: marking the right choice. Canadian Nurse. 103, 2, pp. 13-6. 2007.
- S. H. Kim. Nurse Licensure Examination Pass 1,000 people 'men', the first breakthrough. The korean Nurses Association News, 2013, March 7;Sect.1.
- Koran Nurses Association. Year book of Nursing Satatistics, The Korean Research Institute for Nursing Policy, Korean. 2007.
- B. R. Park. Production of 12,987 people new nurses. The korean Nurses Association News, 2013, February 21;Sect,3.