- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Influence of Employment Stress and Psychological Well-being on Career Decision Efficacy in University Students'
대학생들의 취업스트레스와 심리적안녕감이 진로결정효능감에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2013.12.26
- Accepted : 2014.05.08
- Published : 2014.05.31
The purpose of this study is to find out the factors that stress for getting a job and psychological well-being affect career decision efficacy of college students. In order to accomplish the purpose, survey was conducted on 447 college students in the city of I. The results were first, college students' stress for getting a job, psychological well-being, and career decision efficacy didn't have difference by the distinction of sex. Second, some significant difference was present on college students' stress for getting a job, psychological well-being, and career decision efficacy by grade levels. Third, some meaningful correlation was shown on college students' stress for getting a job, psychological well-being, and career decision efficacy. Fourth, college students' stress for getting a job and psychological well-being have a positive impact on their career decision efficacy. As seen in such results, in the course of career search and choice, stress for getting a job and psychological well-being was shown as positive variables. When college students are making a decision on their career, their career decision efficacy can be an important factor of career counseling.
Employment Stress;Psychological Well-being;Career Decision Efficacy
- Song, J. H., Difference in Employment-Seeking Stress, Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy and Perception of Social Support among University Student Based on Their Majors, Graduate School, Korea University of Technology and Education, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- Taylor, K. M., & Betz, N. E., Applications of self-efficacy theory to the understanding and treatment of career indecision. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 22(1), pp. 63-81, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(83)90006-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(83)90006-4
- Betz, N. E., Klein, K. L., & Taylor, K. M., Evaluation of a short form of the Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy Scale, Journal of Career Assessment, 4(1), pp. 47-57. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1177/106907279600400103
- Lee, K. H., & Lee, H. J., The Effects of Career Self-Efficacy in Predicting the Level of Career Attitude maturity of College Students, The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 12(1), pp. 127-136, 2000.
- Ha, Y. J., The relationship among self-esteem, internal locus of control, and psychological well-being: focusing on males and females in their 20s and 30s, Graduate School of Education, Yonsei University, Master's Thesis, 2007.
- Lee, M. J., The Relationship among Body Esteem, Internal-External Locus of Control and Psychological Well-being of High School students. Graduate School of Education, Kunkook University, Master's Thesis, 2007.
- Yun, S. W., & Kim, K. S., The Influence of University Students' Locus of Control on Stress towards Employment, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(2), pp. 606-614, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.2.606 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.2.606
- Lee, S. H., & Seo, Y. R., A Study of Sex Differences on the Relationship between Self-identity, Vocational-identity and Career Attitude Maturity in Korean College Students, The Korean Journal of Counseling, 20(1), pp. 37-53, 2012.
- Kwak, Y. Y., The Effects of Parental Child-rearing Practices and College Students' Financial Independency on Their Psychological Well-being, Graduate School, Yonsei University, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Ryff, C. D., Happiness is everything, or is it? Explorations on the meaning of psychological well-being, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 57, pp. 1069-1081, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1689
- Shin, J. Y., Lee Y A., & Lee, K. H., The Effects of Life Meaning and Emotional Regulation Strategies on Psychological Well-being of Korean Adolescents, The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 17(4), pp. 1035-1057, 2005.
- Vinokur, A. D., Price, R. H., & Caplan, R. D., From field experiments to program implementation; Assessing the porential outcomes of an experimental invention program for unemployed persons, American Journal of Community, 19, pp. 543-562, 1991.
- Lee, Y. K., & Kang, K. H., The Analysis About Employment Stress and Career Decision Efficacy of Undergraduates - In Focus of Engineering and Social Science Colleges, Journal of Engineering Education Research, 14(2), pp. 60-67, 2011.
- Kim, H. A., The effect of the feedback type and self-efficacy on job-seeking stress and stress coping style, Graduate School, Kyungpook National University, Master's Thesis, 2006.
- Shepherd, M., Cooper B., Brown, A. C., & Kalton, G. W., Psychiatric illness in general practice, London: Oxford University Press, 1966.
- Hwang, S. W., The Study on Employment Stress of University Students, Graduate School, Dong-A University, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Kim, M. S., Kim, H, W., & Cha, K, H., Analyses on the Construct of Psychological Well-Being(PWB) of Korean Male and Female Adults, The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 15(2), pp. 19-39, 2000
- Kim, T. W., A Causal Relationship among Commitment to a Career Choice, Family Support, Career Decision Autonomy, Career Decision Self-Efficacy, From Undergraduate Students. Graduate School, Seoul National University, Master's Thesis, 2013.
- Bae, J. Y., The Effect of University Students' Ego-resilience on Employment Stress and Job-seeking Efficacy, Graduate School, Yeungnam University, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Kim, T. R., Developmental Psychology, Seoul: Pakyoungsa Press, 2005.
- Park, M. J., Kim, J, H., & Jung, M. S., A Qualitative Study on the Stress of University Students for Preparing Employment, The Korean Journal of Counseling, 10(1), pp. 417-435, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.1.200903.417
- Lee, M. S., A Study on the Employment Stress Scale, Graduate School of Education, Kyungpook National University, Master's Thesis, 2011.
- Relationship of career-related stress, commitment to a career choice and career decision self-efficacy of college students vol.16, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8767
Supported by : 원광보건대학교