- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Performance Evaluation of Mixing Section of Ejector using CFD simulation
CFD 시뮬레이션을 이용한 이젝터 혼합실 형상에 따른 성능 평가에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.04.10
- Accepted : 2014.05.08
- Published : 2014.05.31
An ejector is a kind of pump which is using pressure energy of high pressure fluid. This study aims to investigate performance influencing according to change the ejector mixing section shape using CFD simulation by Finite Volume Method. Optimum conditions were suggested 3 kind of variable such as nozzle diameter, nozzle length, distance from nozzle tip to the diffuser inlet. The results, It was confirmed that the diameter of the nozzle was the greatest effect in performance of the ejector. The diameter of the nozzle get smaller, mixing ratio was increased. On the other hand, nozzle length, distance from nozzle tip to the diffuser inlet had little effect on performance. It was proposed specific Mixing section, Nozzel diameter 23.8mm using the Artificial Neural Network.
Artificial neural network;Liquid-Gas Ejector;Mixing section;Suction port
- Fluegel, G., Berechnung von Stahlapparaten, VDI Forschungsheft 395 Ausgabe B Band 10. 1939.
- Sun, D. W. and Eames, I. E., "Recent Developments in the Design Theoreis and Applications of Ejectors-a Review,"Journal of the Institute Energy, Vol. 68, pp.665-676, June, 1995.
- Witte, J. H., "Efficiency and Design of Liquid-Gas Ejector,"British Chemical Engineering, Vol. 10, No.9,pp. 602-607. 1995.
- Kang, S. H., "A Numerical Study of the Characteristics of Internal Flow in Gas-Liquid Ejector of Ballast Water Treatment System" A master's thesis, Dong-A university, 2012.
- Kim, D. H., Kim, D. J., Kim, H. K., Kim, B. M., Choi, J. C., "Process Design of a Hot Forged product using the Artificial Neural Network and the Statistical Design of Experiments."Journal of the korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 9. September 1998.
- Kim, Y. J., "A study on the effect of Nozzle Geometry on the Suction Flow Rate in a Jet Pump." A master's thesis, Dong-A university, 2008.
Supported by : 지식경제부