- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Performance evaluation of SFRC for tunnel segments based on large beam test
대형보 실험을 통한 TBM 터널 세그먼트용 강섬유보강콘크리트 성능평가
- Moon, Do-Young (Department of Civil Engineering, Kyungsung Univ.) ;
- Roh, Hwasung (Department of Civil Engineering, Chonbuk National Univ.) ;
- Chang, Soo-Ho (Geotechnical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Lee, Gyu-Phil (Geotechnical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Bae, Gyu-Jin (Geotechnical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology)
- 문도영 (경성대학교 토목공학과) ;
- 노화성 (전북대학교, 토목공학과) ;
- 장수호 (한국건설기술연구원 Geo-인프라연구실) ;
- 이규필 (한국건설기술연구원 Geo-인프라연구실) ;
- 배규진 (한국건설기술연구원 Geo-인프라연구실)
- Received : 2014.04.08
- Accepted : 2014.04.21
- Published : 2014.05.31
In order to develop SFRC TBM tunnel segment, evaluating the SFRC mixture was conducted through flexural tests of SFRC beams without ordinary steel reinforcement in this study. Considered variables were compressive strengths of SFRC, aspect and mix ratio of steel fibers and total 16 specimens were fabricated and tested until failure. The load-vertical displacement results demonstrates that the effect of aspect ratio is minor when compared to results form small beam test(Moon et al, 2013). A SFRC beam resists the vertical load until the width of crack reaches to 7 mm due to steel fibers across cracked surfaces. Moreover, it is found that flexural moment estimated by equation of TR No. 63(Concrete Society, 2011) is useful for prediction of nominal strength for SFRC structure. From the investigation of fiber distribution in cracked section, it is found that dispersion improved in actual size beam compared to in standard small beam for evaluation of flexural strength.
Grant : 고성능 세그먼트 라이닝의 개발
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- ACI Committee 544. (1999), "Design considerations for steel fiber reinforced concrete (ACI 544.4R-88)", Farmington Hills (Michigan, MI): American Concrete Institute; 1988. Re-approved 1999. pp. 10-11.
- ACI Committee 318. (2011), "Building code requirement for structural concrete and commentary", Farmington Hills (Michigan, MI): American Concrete Institute; pp. 170-172.
- Chiaia, B., Fantilli, A.P., Vallini, P. (2009), "Combining fiber-reinforced concrete with traditional reinforcement in tunnel linings", Engineering Structures, Vol. 31, Issue 7, pp. 1600-1606. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.02.037
- Conforti, A., Minelli, Fausto, M., Plizzari, G. A. (2013), "Wide-shallow beams with and without steel fibers: A peculiar behaior in shear and flexure", Composites: Part B, Vol. 51, pp. 282-290. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2013.03.033
- Dobashi, H., Konishi, Y., Nakayama, M., Matsubara, K. (2006), "Development of steel fiber reinforced high fluidity concrete segment and application to construction", Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 21, p. 422. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.12.066
- fib (2010), "Model code 2010, first complete draft", Vol. 1, pp. 200-231.
- Fuente, A., Pujadas, P., Balanco, A., Aguado, A. (2012), "Experiences in barcelona with the use of fibers in segmental linings", Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 27, pp. 60-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2011.07.001
- Moon, D., Kang, T., Chang, S., Lee, G., Bae, G. (2013), "Flexural performance evaluation of SFRC with design strength of 60 MPa", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 175-186. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.3.175
- Rivaz, B. (2008), "Steel fiber reinforced concrete (SFRC): The use of SFRC in precast segment for tunnel linings", World Tunnel Congress 2008-Underground Facilities for Better Environment and Safety-India, pp. 2007-2017.
- Sorelli, L.G., Meda, A., Plizzari, G.A. (2005), "Bending and uniaxial tensile tests on concrete reinforced with hybrid steel fibers", Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 519-527. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(2005)17:5(519)
- Concrete Society (2011), "Technical report no. 63, guidance for the design of steel-fiber-reinforced Concrete", Report of a Concrete Society Working Group, p. 35.
- Tiberti, G., Plizzari, G.A., Walraven, J.C., Blom, C.B.M. (2008), "Concrete tunnel segments with combined traditional and fiber reinforcement", Tailor Made Concrete Structures, Taylor & Francis Group, pp. 199-204.
- Oh, Y.H. (2008), "Evaluation of flexural strength for normal and high strength concrete with hooked steel fibers", Journal of the Korean Concrete Institute, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 531-539. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.4.531
- Electromagnetic wave shielding effectiveness of steel fiber reinforced concrete vol.17, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.2.107