- Volume 50 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Species composition of the demersal fish assemblage in the coastal waters off Geomun island, Korea
거문도 주변 해역에 출현하는 저어류 군집의 종조성
- Received : 2014.01.19
- Accepted : 2014.05.23
- Published : 2014.05.31
The study aims at analyzing a species composition of the fish live in bottom of the coastal waters off Geomun island, Korea. To reach the goal of the study, a species composition and it's monthly fluctuation, a monthly fluctuation of the dominant species and it's appearance type was analyzed the fishes caught by the bottom trawl. The result obtained can be summerrized as follows; Fish caught in this area composes 14 orders, 34 families, and 47 species. The largest number of fish species was Perciformes (15 families and 19 species). The most dominant species in an number of fish was jhon dory, Zeus faber which was occupied at 22.5% from the whole number, the second most dominant species was horse mackerel, Trachurus japonicus which was occupied at 21.2%. Four groups were categorized based on appearance time period.
Species composition;Geomun island;monthly fluctuation;dominant species;Perciformes
- Cha BY. 2010. Species composition and abundance of fish in the water off Geomun Island of the Southern Sea, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 22, 168-178.
- Han KH, Yang KS, Jin DS, Yoo DS, Oh SH and Hwang DS. 2001. Species composition and seasonal variation of the fishes off Koheung peninsula, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 13, 143-157.
- Hwang JH, Yoo KH, Lee SH and Han KH. 2008. Fluctuation in the abundance and species composition of fishes collected by a fyke net in the coastal waters of Geumo-do, Yeosu. J Kor Fish Soc 41, 39-47. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.1.039
- Jeong HH, Han KH, Kim CC, Yoon SM, Seo WI, Hwang SY and Lee SH. 2005. Fluctuations in abundance and species composition of fishes collected by both sides fyke net in Dol-san, Yeosu. Kor J Ichthyol 17, 64-72.
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CR, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated Book of Korean Fishes. Kyo-Hak publ Co, Seoul, 615.
- Kim JW, Kim HW, Huh SH and Kwak SN. 2011. Seasonal variation and species composition of fish species in artificial reefs in the Shinyang-Ri coastal waters off Jeju island, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 47, 118-127. (http://dx.doi.org10.3796/ KSFT.2011.47.2.118) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.118
- Nakabo T. 2002. Fishes of Japan with Pictorial Keys to the Species. Tokai Univ Press, 1474.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2004. Commerical Fishes of the Coastal and Offshore Waters in Korea. Natl. Fish Res Dev Ins, Busan, Korea. 333.
- Shannon CE and Weaver W. 1949. The mathematical theory of communication. Univ. Illinois Press, Urbana, 177.
- Suda Y, Shimizu M and Nose Y. 1987. Confirmation of spawning groups of Japanese jack mackerel Trachurus japonicus in the low stock level period. Bull. Jap. Soc Sci Fish 53, 1789-1796. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.53.1789
- Bray JR and Curtis JT. 1957. An ordination of upland forest communities of southern Wisconsin. Ecol Monogr 27, 267-277. (http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1942268) https://doi.org/10.2307/1942268
- Species composition of the demersal fish assemblage in the coastal waters off Sejon island, Korea vol.51, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.630