- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development and Evaluation of a Self Care Education Program for Elderly Patients with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
경피적 관상동맥 중재술을 받은 노인환자의 자가간호 교육프로그램 개발 및 평가
- Jo, Gyeong-Jin (Department of Nursing, Hanyeong University) ;
- Yang, Jin-Hyang (Department of Nursing, Institute of Health Science, Inje University)
- Received : 2014.02.24
- Accepted : 2014.04.24
- Published : 2014.05.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the effects of the education program to promote self care for elderly patients with percutaneous coronary intervention. Method: The research was a quasi-experimental study using a nonequivalent control group non-synchronized design. The participants was 56 patients, 28 in the experimental group and 28 in the control group. A pretest and a posttest were conducted to measure main variables. The self care education program, consisting of flash animation, leaflet and telephone counseling, was given for the experimental group. Data were analyzed using
- American Heart Association. (2012). Patient Management Tool. Retrieved July 15, 2012, from https://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthcareResearch/GetWithTheGuidelinesHFStrokeResus/GetWithTheGuidelinesHeartFailureHomePage/Get-With-The-Guidelines-Heart-Failure-Patient-Management-Tool_UCM_307819_Article.jsp
- Cho, H. Y., & Kim, H. S. (2010). Effects of individualized cardiac health education on self care behavior and serum cholesterol in patients with coronary artery disease. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 22(3), 322-328.
- Cho, J. J. (2013). Stress and cardiovascular disease. Journal of Korean Medical Association, 56(6), 462-470. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2013.56.6.462
- Cho, W., Choi, M., Kim, S., & Cho, E. (2010). Effect of social support and depression on self-care of older adults receiving percutaneous coronary intervention. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 12(2), 119-130.
- Choe, M. A., Kim, K. S., Yi, M., Choi-Kwon, S., & Lee, J. S. (2008). Effect of cardiac rehabilitation education for coronary artery bypass grafting patients during their hospitalization. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 10(1), 69-79.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral science (2nd ed.). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc.
- Fernandez, R. S., Davidson, P., Griffiths, R., Juergens, C., & Salamonson, Y. (2009). Development of a health-related lifestyle self-management intervention for patients with coronary heart disease, Heart and Lung, 38(6), 491-498. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2009.01.008
- Fernandez, R. S., Griffiths, R., Juergens, C., Davidson, P., & Salamonson, Y. (2006). Persistence of coronary risk factor status in participants 12 to 18 months after percutaneous coronary intervention. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 21(5), 379-387. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005082-200609000-00008
- Han, D. W., Lee, C. H., Chon, K. K. (1996). Korean adaptation of Spielberger’s STAI (K-STAI). Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 1(1), 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8287.1996.tb00486.x
- Holmes, D. R. Jr., Leon, M. B., Moses, J. W., Popma, J. J., Cutlip, D., Fitzgerald, P. J., et al. (2004). Analysis of 1-year clinical outcomes in the SIRIUS trial: a randomized trial of a sirolimus-eluting stent versus a standard stent in patients at high risk for coronary restenosis. Journal of American Heart Association, 109(5), 634-640.
- Janssen, V., De Gucht, V., Dusseldorp, E., & Maes, S. (2013). Lifestyle modification programmes for patients with coronary heart disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of European Preventive Cardiology, 20(4), 620-640. https://doi.org/10.1177/2047487312462824
- Jeon, H. R., & Park, J. S. (2007). A survey of knowledge of cardiac rehabilitation and the level of educational need of patients with coronary artery disease. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 13(1), 51-63.
- Kang, E. J., Kim, N. Y., Kim, D. J., Kim, H. R., Byun, Y. C., Suh, M. K., et al. (2007). In-depth analyses of the third national health and nurtrition examination survey: the health interview and health attitude survey part. Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Kang, G. J., & Song, M. S. (2010). Development and evaluation of motivational enhancement therapy for patients with coronary artery disease. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 16(2), 5-16.
- Kang, M. K., Shon, K. H., & Lee, G. N. (2011). Effects of a program using video-audio media on knowledge level and compliance of sick role for patients undergoing coronary angiography. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 17(1), 100-109. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.100
- Kang, Y. O., & Cho, Y. C. (2011). Factors related to knowledge, health belief and sick role behavior to the coronary artery disease among patients with coronary artery disease. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 12(11), 4985-4994. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4985
- Kim, I. S., Jeong, M. H., Han, J. B., Jang, Y. I., & Jang, S. J. (2013). Clinical outcomes of stent thrombosis after drug-eluting coronary stent implant. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13(12), 880-892. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.880
- Kim, M. S., Jeong, M. H., Hwang, S. H., Go, J. S., Lee, M. G., Sim, D. S., et al. (2010). Clinical pattern changes in elderly patients who underwent percutaneous coronary intervention in the last ten years. The Korea Journal of Medicine, 79(6), 661-672.
- Kim, N. C., & Choi, K. O. (2006). Effects of Individualized Cardiac Rehabilitation Education for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 13(1), 42-49.
- Lee, W. R. (2007). Clinical cardiology. Seoul: Korea Medical.
- Lee, Y. J. (2007). An education program to modify lifestyle:Effects on health behavior and physiological parameters in patients with coronary disease. Clinical Nursing Research, 13(3), 43-54.
- Odell, A., Grip, L., & Hallberg, L. R. (2006). Restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention: experiences from the patient’s perspective. Journal of European Cardiovascular Nursing, 5(2), 150-157. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejcnurse.2005.10.004
- Park, I. S., Song, R., Ahn, S., So, H. Y., Kim, H. L., & Joo, K. O. (2008). Factors explaining quality of life in individuals with coronary artery disease. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 38(6), 866-873. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.6.866
- Roest, A. M.,, Martens, E. J., Denollet, J., & de Jonge, P. (2010). Prognostic association of anxiety post myocardial infarction with mortality and new cardiac events: a meta-analysis. Psychosomatic Medicine. 72(6), 563-569. https://doi.org/10.1097/PSY.0b013e3181dbff97
- Shin, H. W., Yoon, J. H., Lee, S. G., & Ha, S. Y. (2013). Efficient management of health insurance expenditures on the elderly. Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Sin, E. S. (2009). A model for the compliance after percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam University, Gwangju.
- Son, Y. J. (2008). The development and effects of an integrated symptom management program for prevention of recurrent cardiac events after percutaneous coronary intervention. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 38(2), 217-228. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.2.217
- Statistics Korea. (2012). Annual report on the causes of death statistics. Retrieved January 30, 2014, from http://kostat.go.kr/wnsearch/search.jsp
- Statistics Korea. (2013). Population by age group statistics. Retrieved January 30, 2014, from http://kostat.go.kr/wnsearch/search.jsp
- Tan, N. C., Cheah, S. L., & Teo, E. K. (2005). A qualitative study of health-seeking behavior of hepatitis B carriers. Singapore Medical Journal, 46(1), 6-10.