- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Day-Hospital Rehabilitation Program on Gross Motor Function for Children with Cerebral Palsy
재활 낮병동 프로그램이 뇌성마비아동의 대동작기능에 미치는 효과
- 김기전 (가톨릭대학교 성빈센트병원 재활치료팀)
- Received : 2014.02.19
- Accepted : 2014.04.18
- Published : 2014.05.28
The purpose of this study was to find the effect of Day Hospital Rehabilitation programs on gross motor function in children with cerebral palsy. The subjects were 57 children with spastic cerebral palsy with no previous botulinum toxin injection or operation history within 6 months. The Gross Motor Function Measure(GMFM) score and Gross Motor Function Classification System(GMFCS) were used to evaluate as functional change and functional level. The Programs for Day Hospital Rehabilitation period for cerebral palsy children was 8 weeks. The results of the study are as follows: 1, GMFM Score of pre- and post-programs for Day Hospital Rehabilitation showed the statistically significant difference(p <.001). 2, The age group in 1-2 was higher than age 5-6 group, 3-4 was higher than age 5-6 group by Post-hoc analysis. Lastly, there was significantly different of GMFM in GMFCS level(p<.05), especially mild(GMFCS level I) and moderate(GMFCS level II, III) of CP showed that gross motor function was significantly different than severe(GMFCS level IV, V). The programs for Day Hospital Rehabilitation was effective on gross motor function for children with cerebral palsy, and for early intervention needs to mild, moderate CP, and below age 4 group.
- M. H. Woollacott, and P. Burtner,"Neural and musculoskeletal contributions to the development of stance balance control in typical children with cerebral palsy,"Acta paediatrica Supplement, Vol.416, pp.58-62, 1996.
- B. Engel-Yeger, T. Jarus, D. Anaby, and M. Law,"Difference in patterns of participation between youths with cerebral palsy and typically developing peers," The American Journal of Occupational Therapy, Vol.63, No.1, pp.94-104, 2009.
- J. Fauconnier, H. Dickinson, E. Beckung, M. Marcelli, V. McManus, S. Michelsen, J. Parkes, N. Parkinson, U. Thyen, C. Arnol, and A. Colver," Participation in life situations of 8-12 year old children with cerebral palsy: Cross sectional European study," British Medical Journal, Vol.338, pp.14-58, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.b14
- M. M. Vicki, C. Paul, and J. P. Ivan, "participation in everyday activities and quality of life in pre-teenage children living with cerebral palsy in South West Ireland," BMC Pediatrics, Vol.8, pp.50-63, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2431-8-50
- D. J. Russell, P. L. Rosenbaum, C. Gowland, S. Hardy, M. Lane, N. Plews, H. McGavin, D. Candman, and S. Jarvis, Gross Motor Function Measure Manual(2nd ed), Hmilton, Ontario: McMaster Unversity. 1993
- P. Rosenbaum, S. Walter, S. Hanna, R. Palisano, D. Russell, P. Raina, E. Wood, D. Bartlett, and B. Galuppi,"Prognosis for gross motor function in cerebral palsy,"Journal of the American medical Association, Vol.288, pp.1357-1363, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.11.1357
- T. I. Yi, J. R. Jin, S. H. Kim, and K. H. Han, "Contributing Factors Analysis for the changes of the gross motor funcion in children with spastic cerebral palsy after physical therapy," Ann Rehabil Med, Vol.37, No. 5, pp.649-657, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5535/arm.2013.37.5.649
- R. J. Palisano, P. L. Rosenbaum, D. J. Russell, S. D. Walter, E. P. Wood, and B. E. Galuppi, "Developnment and reliability of a system to classify gross motor function in children with cerebralpalsy,"Developnmental Medicine and Child Neurology, Vol.39, No. 4, pp.214-223, 1997.
- V. J. Mark and A. K. Robert,"Cost-benefits of medical rehabilitation," Arch Phys Med Rehabili, Vol.64, No. 3, pp.147-154, 1983.
- P. Rosenbaum,"Cerebral palsy: What parents and doctors want to know," BMJ, Vol.326, pp.970-974, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.326.7396.970
- A. Cally, S. Williams, S. Reid, E. Blair, J. Valentine, S. Girdler, and C. Elliott, "Comorbidities in cerebra lpalsy and their relationship to neurologic subtype and GMDCS level,"Neurology, Vol.72, pp.2090-2096, 2012.
- P. Rosenbaum, N, Paneth, and A. Leviton, A report: the definition and classification of cerebral palsy April 2006, Dev Med Child Neurol Suppl, Vol.109, pp.8-14, 2007.
- K. Himmelmann, B. Hagberg. E. Beckung, G. Hagberg, and P. Uvebrant,"The changing panorama of cerebral palsy in sweden IX. prevalance and origin in the birth year period 1995-1998," Acta paediatrica Supplement, Vol.94, pp.287-294, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1651-2227.2005.tb03071.x
- M. I. Shevell, L. Dagenais, and N. Hall, "Comorbidities in cerebral palsy and their relationship to neurologic subtype and GMFCS level. Neurology,"Vol.72, pp.2090-2096, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0b013e3181aa537b
- 김재원, 뇌졸중환자 부양가족의 욕구에 관한 연구, 연세대학교 석사학위논문, 1998.
- J. Fawke,"Neurological outcomes following preterm birth,"Seminars in Fetal & Neonatal Medicine, Vol.12, pp.374-382, 2007.
- 이병희, 고주연,"뇌성마비아동의 대근육운동발달 특성에 관한 연구,"특수교육재활과학지, 제48권, 제2호, pp.89-113, 2009
- M. A. Tucker and J. G. Davidson,"Day hospital rehabilitation effectiveness and cost in the elderly,"British Medical Journal, Vol.40, No. 1, pp.1209-1212, 1984.
- D. Zeeli and B. Issacs,"The efficiency and effectiveness of geriatric day hospitals," Postgrad Med J, Vol.64, No. 2, pp.683-686, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1136/pgmj.64.755.683
- C. A. Stephenson and S. M. Glladman,"Parents and carer satisfaction in geriatric day hospital," Disabil, Vol.17, No. 5, pp.252-255, 1995. https://doi.org/10.3109/09638289509166643
- 김재선, 윤형철, 이후경, 성상경, 함웅, 이규항," 정신병 환자의 통합치료를 위한 낮병동 모델의 효과성 연구", 신경정신의학회지, 제37권, 제6호, pp.1099-1110, 1998.
- 박창식, 송병호,"뇌졸중 환자의 낮병동 프로그램이 도구적 일상생활활동 수행 능력과 삶의 만족도에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제 12권, 제11호, pp.267-277, 2012.
- R. J. Palisano, N. Almarsi, and L. Chiarello, "Family needs of parents of children and youth with cerebral palsy,"Child Care Health Dev, Vol.36, pp.85-92, 2009.
- E. Wood and P. Rosenbaum,"The gross motor function classification system for cerebral palsy: a study of reliability and stability over time," Dev Med Child Neurol, Vol.42, No. 5, pp.292-296, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0012162200000529
- R. J. Palisano, S. E. Hanna, and P. L. Rosenbaum,"Validation of a model of gross motor function for children with cerebral palsy," Phys Ther, Vol.80, No. 10, pp.974-985, 2000.
- 이충휘, 황선관, 최흥식,"대동작 측정도구의 측정자간 신뢰도", 한국전문물리치료학회지, 제2권, 제1호, pp.1-13, 1995.
- D. J. Russell, P. L. Rosenbaum, and D. T. Cadman,"Gross Motor Function Measure: A means to evaluate the effects of physical therapy," Deve Med Child Neurol, Vol.35, pp.341-352, 1989.
- J. V. Grahan, C. Eustace, K. Brock, E. Swan, and S. Irwin-Carruthers,"The Bobath concept in contemporary clinical practice,"Top Stroke Rehabil, Vol.16, No. 1, pp.57-68, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1310/tsr1601-57
- B. Crothers and R. S. Paine, Natural History of Cerebral Palsy, Cambridge, mass: Harvard University Press. , 1959.
- N. Harres, M. Kassirer, T. Amichai, and E. Lahat," Changes overyears in gross motor function of 3-8 year old children with cerebral palsy- using he gross motor function measure(GMFM-88),"IMAJ, Vol.6, pp.408-410, 2004.