- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of sports injuries among Korean national players during official training
국가대표 선수들의 훈련 기간 동안 발생한 스포츠 손상 분석
- Received : 2014.03.31
- Accepted : 2014.05.03
- Published : 2014.05.31
The purpose of this study was to analyze sports injuries which occurred in Korea National Team during official training period. All sports injuries are recorded on injury report form by physicians, medical staffs and athletic trainer, and only acute and recurred injuries were analyzed. Total 3,421 injuries were reported, and 1,560 injuries were newly incurred and 1,861 injuries were recurrent with previous history. The frequency of new injuries in male and female athletes was highest in boxing (n=130, 14.5%) and hockey (n=75, 11.3%) respectively. The frequency of recurred injuries in male and female athletes was highest in wrestling (n=147, 14.8%) and fencing (n=103, 11.9%) respectively. Our data provides incidence rates, characteristics of acute and recurrent sports injuries during official training period and thus these results could provide relevant information for the sports injury prevention at Korea National Team player.
Incidence rate;sports injury;training period
- Yang, Y. J., Lee, J. H., Lee, M. J., Suh, J. T. and Ha, K. I. (2004). Injuries and illnesses of Korean athletes during 2002 Busan Asian Games. The Korean Journal of Sports Medicine, 22, 135-143.
- Kim, E. K. (2005). Common sports injuries among national players in Korea. Journal of the Korean Medical Association, 48, 977-984. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2005.48.10.977
- Junge, A., Engebretsen, L., Alonso, J. M., Renstrom, P., Mountjoy, M., Aubry, M. and Dvorak, J. (2008). Injury surveillance in multi-sport events: The International Olympic Committee approach. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 42, 413-421. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2008.046631
- Junge, A., Engebretsen, L., Mountjoy, M. L., Alonso, J. M., Renstrom, P., Aubry, M., J. and Dvorak, J. (2009). Sports injuries during the Summer Olympic Games 2008. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 37, 2165-2172. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546509339357
- Kathrin, S. and Lars, E. (2010). More data needed on injury risk among young elite athletes. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 44, 485-489. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2010.073833
- Kim, E. K., Kang, H. Y., Kim, T. G., Lee, J. H., Kim M. H., Song, J. Y., Hong, S. L., Kim, J. D., Park, W. H. and Seo, K. M. et al. (2011). Sports injury surveillance during Summer Asian Games 2010 in Guangzhou. The Korean Journal of Sports Medicine, 29, 49-57. https://doi.org/10.5763/kjsm.2011.29.1.49
- Kim, S. H., Oh, Y. S. and Kim, T. G. (2012). Analysis of injuries records related to the elite wrestling. The Korean Journal of Sport, 10, 285-293.
- Van Mechelen, W., Hlobil, H. and Kemper, H. C. G. (1992). Incidence, severity, aetiology and prevention of sports injuries; A review of concepts. Sports Medicine, 14, 82-99. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-199214020-00002
- Palmer-Green, D., Fuller, C., Jaques, R. and Hunter, G. (2013). The injury/illness performance project(IIPP): A novel epidemiological approach for recording the consequence of sports injuries and illnesses. Journal of Sports Medicine, 2013, 1-9.
- Peter, B. and Karim, K. (2007). Clinical sports medicine, 3rd Ed., Mcgraw-Hill Medical, New York.
- Engebretsen, L., Steffen, K., Alonso, J. M., Aubry, M., Dvorak, J., Junge, A., Meeuwisse, W., Mountjoy, M., Renstrom, P. and Wilkinson, M. (2010). Sports injuries and illness during the Winter Olympic Games 2010. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 44, 772-780. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2010.076992
- Engebretsen, L., Soligard, T., Steffen, K., Alonso, J. M., Aubry, M., Budgett, R., Dvorak, J., Jegathesan, M., Meeuwisse, W. H. and Mountjoy, M. et al. (2013). Sports injuries and illness during the London Summer Olympic Game 2012. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 47, 407-414. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2013-092380
- Goldberg, A. S., Moroz, L., Smith, A. and Ganley, T. (2007). Injury surveillance in young athletes: A clinician's guide to sports injury literature. Sports Medicine, 37, 265-278. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200737030-00005
- Hawley, J. and Burke, L. (1998). Peak performance. Training and nutritional strategies for sport, St. Leonards, Allen and Unwin, New South Wales, Australia.
- Junge, A., Langevoort, G., Pipe, A., Peytavin, A., Wong, F., Mountjoy, M., Betrami, G., Terrell, R., Holzgraefe, M. and Charles, R. et al. (2006). Injuries in team sport tournaments during the 2004 Olympic Games. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 34, 565-76. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546505281807
- Effects of lower extremity stability by kinesio taping method in elite speed skating athletes' one-leg jumping vol.13, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.495
- Descriptive epidemiology of sports injury and illness during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games: A prospective cohort study for Korean team pp.2048-397X, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/1747954118768686