- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Abnormally Low Temperatures on Growth and Yield of Hot Pepper(Capsicum Annum L.)
이상저온 조건이 고추의 생육 및 수량에 미치는 영향
- Park, Eun-Ji (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Heo, You (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Son, Beung-Gu (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Choi, Young-Whan (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Yong-Jae (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Young-Hoon (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Suh, Jeong-Min (Department of Bio-Environmental Energy, Pusan National University) ;
- Cho, Jae-Hwan (Department of Agricultural Economics, Pusan National University) ;
- Hong, Chang-Oh (Department of Life Science and Environmental Biochemistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Gye (Vegetable Research Division, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Sciences) ;
- Kang, Jum-Soon (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University)
- 박은지 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 허유 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 손병구 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 최영환 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 이용재 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 박영훈 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 서정민 (부산대학교 바이오환경에너지학과) ;
- 조재환 (부산대학교 농업경제학과) ;
- 홍창오 (부산대학교 생명환경화학과) ;
- 이상규 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 채소과) ;
- 강점순 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과)
- Received : 2013.11.20
- Accepted : 2014.02.17
- Published : 2014.05.30
Growth and physiological disorders caused by abnormally low temperatures were evaluated in pepper, an important field crop in Korea. In addition, the effects of chemical treatment using glutamine was verified on minimizing the damages by low temperature. The growth of pepper plants in stem length and diameter was suppressed as the temperature decreased from
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Tao, F., Yokozawa, M., Xu, Y., Hayashi, Y., Zhang, Z., 2006, Climate changes and trends in phenology and yields of field crops in China, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 138, 82-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2006.03.014
- Parry, M. L., Rosenzweig, C., Iglesias, A., Livermore, Fisher. M. G., 2004, Effects of climate change on global food production under SRES emissions and socio-economic scenarios. Global Environmental Change, 14, 53-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2003.10.008
- Pereira, J. S., Chaves, M.M., 1995, Plant responses to drought under climate change in Mediterranean-type ecosystems. In: Moreno JM, Oechel WC (eds) Global change and mediterranean-type ecosystems. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 140-160.
- Rubio, J. S., Garcia-Sanchez, F., Flores, P., Navarro, J. M., Martinez, V., 2010, Yield and fruit quality of sweet pepper in response to fertilization with Ca2+ and K+, Span. J. Agric. Res., 8, 170-177. https://doi.org/10.5424/sjar/2010081-1156
- Snyder, R. L., Spano, D., Duce, P., Cesaraccio, C., 2001, Temperature for phenological models, International J.l of Biometeorology, 45, 178-183. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004840100103
- Wolfe, D. W., Schwartz, M. D., Lakso, A. N., Otsuki, Y. R., Pool, M., Shaulis, N. J., 2005, Climate change and shifts in spring phenology of three horticultural woody perennials in northeastern USA, Int. J. Biometeorol., 49, 303-309. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00484-004-0248-9
- IPCC., 2007, Climate change 2007: The physical science basis, contribution of working group I to the fourth.
- FAO., 2001, Climate variability and change, A challenge for sustainable agricultural production. Committee on Agriculture, Sixteenth Session Report, Rome, 26-30.
- FAO,, 2004, Impact of climate change on agriculture in Asia and the Pacific. Twenty-seventh FAO Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific. Beijing, 17-21.
- Heo, Y., Kim, S. H., Park, E. G., Son, B.G., Choi, Y. W., Lee, Y.J., Park, Y. H., Suh, J. M., Cho, J. H., Hong, C. H., Lee, S. G., Kang, J. S., 2013, The influence of abnormally high temperatures on growth and yield of hot pepper(Capsicium annum L.). J. Agriculture & Life Sci., 47, 9-15. https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2013.47.6.9
- Lee, D. B., Sim, K. M., 2011, Impact and countermeasures of climate change on agriculture. Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Marcelis, L. F. M., 1996, Sink strength as a determinant of dry matter partitioning in the whole plant. J. Expe. Bot., 47, 1281-1291. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/47.Special_Issue.1281
- Marcelis, L. F. M., Heuvelink, E., Baan Hofman-Eijer, L. R., Den Bakker, J., Xue, L. B., 2004, Flower and fruit abortion in sweet pepper in relation to source and sink strength. J. Expe. Bot., 55, 2261-2268. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/erh245
- Mcwilliam, J. R., 1986, The national and international importance of drought and salinity effects on agricultural production. Austral J. Plant. Physiol., 13, 1-13 https://doi.org/10.1071/PP9860001
- Midmore, D. J., Roan, Y. C., Wu, M. H., 1992, Management of moisture and heat stress for tomato and hot pepper production in the tropics. In:Kuo C.G (ed) Adaptation of food crops to temperature and water stress. AVRDC, Shanhua, 453-460.
- Menzel, A., 2000, Trends in phenological phases in Europe between 1951 and 1996, Int. J. Biometeorol., 44, 76-81. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004840000054
- Assa, A., Jaagus, J., Ahas, R., Sepp, M., 2004, The influence of atmospheric circulation on plant phenological phases in central and eastern Europe, International Journal of Climatology, 24, 1551-1564. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.1066
- Chmielewski, F. M., Muller, A., Brums, E., 2004, Climate changes and trends in phenology of fruit trees and field crops in Germany, 1961-2000. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 121, 69-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1923(03)00161-8