- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Tourist Psychological Capacity of Scenic and Historic Area and Its Influencing Factors - A Case Study of Mount Tai Scenic Spot
- Cao, Lin-Sen ;
- Piao, Yong-Ji ;
- Zhang, Rui ;
- Cho, Tae-Dong
- Received : 2014.02.03
- Accepted : 2014.04.11
- Published : 2014.05.30
Tourist Psychological Capacity (TPC) is an important issue of the Tourism Capacity research. We gained the tourist satisfaction through the questionnaire investigation in Mount Tai Scenic Area and obtained the tourist satisfaction function using SPSS17.0 regression analysis method. Then we got the best psychological capacity of tourists with the Marginal Satisfaction Method. Finally we verified the influencing factors on TPC. The study found that the best TPC of Mount Tai Scenic Area is 10323 persons; Female shows lower TPC than male. Moreover, female satisfaction is more easily influenced by visitors' number increasing than male satisfaction; TPC plays negative correlation with the increasing of age. Teenagers and adults have no much difference in TPC, but the seniors present a relatively lower TPC than other; The higher education, the smaller TPC.
Scenic and historic area;Tourist psychological capacity;Marginal satisfaction;Influencing factor
- Lin M. Z., 2008, Forest vegetation and ecological tourism of Guangdong Southern Kunshan ecological tourist area, China Meteorological Press, 1, 121-128. (in Chinese)
- Huang C. X., Gu C., 2003, Space-perspective based feminist: A new planning concept, Urban planning, 27, 81-85. (in Chinese)
- Ji C. Z., 2008, Investigation of travel motivations of different groups in Guangdong Province, Sports science, 12,8-10. (in Chinese)
- Li R. Q., Qian W. L.,1994, Modern consumer psychology, China Business Press, 9, 65-68. (in Chinese)
- Liu L., Shen Q., 2008, The research of the Differences of Gender's concerns on the city square design elements Based on the feminist perspective, Geography, 23, 12-16. (in Chinese)
- Liu Z. L., Jin J., 1985, Scale studies on specific regional tourism. Tourism theory, 2, 26-29. (in Chinese)
- Manning R. E.,1980, Recreation density and user satisfaction: Afurther explo-ration of the satisfaction model, Leisure Research, 12, 245-32.
- Mathieson, Alister, Wall, et al., 1982, Tourism: Economic, physical and so-cialimpacts, Longman, 12, 21-22.
- Saveriades, Alexis, 2000, Establishing the social tourism carrying capacity for the tourist resorts of the east coast of the republic of Cyprus, Tourism Management, 21, 147-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(99)00044-8
- Tang X. Q., Zhu H., 2007, Sex topics in Tourism Research, Tourism Tribune, 22, 43-48. (in Chinese)
- Xu C. H., 2004, The relationship between gender's difference and the campus space environment, Huazhong University of Science and Technology. 29, 42-44 (in Chinese)
- Bao J. G., Chu Y. F., 1999, Tourism Geography, Higher Education Press,6,152. (in Chinese)