- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of the Position Detection System of Small Vessels for Collision Avoidance
충돌 회피를 위한 소형 선박의 위치 검출 시스템 개발에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.10.01
- Accepted : 2014.04.25
- Published : 2014.04.30
In this paper, a developed device for detecting target's location and avoiding collision is proposed. Velocity and acceleration model of target are derived to estimate target's information, i.e. position, velocity and acceleration considering process and measurement noise. Kalman filtering method applied to the estimation process and its results was confirmed by simulation. The distance measurements system using laser sensor for moving target system is also developed to confirm the effectiveness of the proposed scheme. Experiments to get information of moving target with velocity and acceleration model was executed. The data with filtering and without filtering was compared by experiments. Discontinuous measured data was changed to smooth and continuous data by Kalman filtering. It is confirmed that desired data was obtained by applying proposed scheme. UI for measuring and monitoring the target data is developed and visual and auditory alarm function is attached on the system Finally, position estimation system of moving target with good performance is achieved by low price equipments.
Marine accident;Small vessels;Data acquisition;Collision avoidance;Kalman filter
- Allan, D. W.(1996), "Statistics of atomic frequency standards", IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 54, pp. 221-230.
- Fossen, T. I. and T. Perez(2009), "Kalman filtering for positioning and heading control of ships and offshore rigs", Journal of Control Systems, IEEE, Vol. 29, Issue 6, pp. 32-46. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCS.2009.934408
- Grewal, M. S. (2005), Kalman filtering, Wiley, pp. 15-45.
- Sato, Yuji and Hiromitsu Ishii(1998), "Study of a collision avoidance system for ships", Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 6, pp. 1141-1149. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(98)00107-5
- Sergiy, F., G. Dmitry, Sh. Matthew and L. Chad(2012), "Detection and tracking of ships in open sea with rapidly moving buoy-mounted camera system", Journal of Ocean Engineering Vol. 54, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2012.06.028
- Yanzhuo, Xue(2011), "Automatic simulation of ship navigation", Ocean Engineering, Vol. 38, pp. 2290-2305. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2011.10.011