- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Lubrication Modeling of Reciprocating Piston in Piston Pump with High Lateral Load
강한 측력이 작용하는 피스톤 펌프의 왕복동 피스톤 기구 부에서의 윤활모형에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.12.04
- Accepted : 2014.02.15
- Published : 2014.04.30
The objective of this study is to model and simulate the nonlinear lubrication performance of the sliding part between the piston and cylinder wall in a hydrostatic swash-plate-type axial piston pump. A numerical algorithm is developed that facilitates simultaneous calculation of the rotating body motion and fluid film pressure to observe the fluid film geometry and power loss. It is assumed that solid asperity contact, so-called mixed lubrication in this study, invariably occurs in the swash-plate-type axial piston pump, which produces a higher lateral moment on the pistons than other types of hydrostatic machines. Two comparative mixed lubrication models, rigid and elastic, are used to determine the reaction force and sliding friction. The rigid model does not allow any elastic deformation in the partial lubrication area. The patch shapes, reactive forces, and virtual local elastic deformation in the partial lubrication area are obtained in the elastic contact model using a simple Hertz contact theory. The calculation results show that a higher reaction force and friction loss are obtained in the rigid model, indicating that solid deformation is a significant factor on the lubrication characteristics of the reciprocating piston part.
piston pump;bearing/sealing part;mixed lubrication;modeling and simulation
- Shin, J. H., Kang B. S., Kim, K. W., "Surface lay effects on the lubrication characteristics in the valve part of a swash-plate type piston pump", J. Korean Soc. Tribol. Lubr. Eng., Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 11-18, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9725/kstle.2012.28.1.012
- Fang, Y., Shirakashi, M., "Mixed lubrication characteristics between the piston and cylinder in hydraulic piston pump-motor", Trans. ASME J. Tribol., Vol. 117, pp. 80-85, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2830610
- Park, T. J., Lee, C. O., "Analysis of hydrodynamic lateral forces acting on grooved piustons in hydaulic piston pumps", J. Korean Soc. Tribol. Lubr. Eng., Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 44-49, 1992.
- Lee, C. O., Park, T. J., "Effect of piston shape on the lubrication characteristics of hydraulic piston pump and motor", J. Korean Soc. Tribol. Lubr. Eng., Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 47-53, 1994.
- Yamaguchi, A., "Motion of the piston in piston pumps and motors-theoretical discussion in relation to solid contact force and power loss", JSME Int. J., Ser. B, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 213-218, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsmeb.43.213
- Pelosi, M., Ivantysynova, M., "A geometric multigrid solver for the piston-cylinder interface of axial piston machines", Tribol. Trans., Vol. 55, Issue 2, pp. 163-174, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/10402004.2011.639049
- Wieczorek U., Ivantysynova, M., "Computer aided optimization of bearing and sealing gaps in hydrostatic machines-the simulation tool CASPAR", Int. J. Fluid Power, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 29-43, 2002.
- Hamrock, B. J., Fundamental of Fluid Film Lubrication, McGraw-Hill Inc., New York, 1994. (ISBN 0-07-025956-9)