- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
In vitro Propagation and Protocorm-like Body Formation of Endangered Species, Dendrobium moniliforme
멸종위기 수종 석곡(Dendrobium moniliforme)의 Protocorm-like Body 형성 및 기내증식
- Received : 2013.05.21
- Accepted : 2014.01.29
- Published : 2014.02.28
This experiment was conducted to establish the in vitro propagation of Dendrobium moniliforme through protocorm like body (PLB) induction from the culture of leaf, stem and root explants. Frequency of PLB formation from root explants was higher than those of leaf and stem explants. PLB's proliferation in MS medium including 1.0 mg/L NAA was better than 1.0 mg/L IBA. Frequency of PLB's proliferation on medium with various concentrations of BA, Kinetin, Tidiazuron (0. 1.0, 3.0 mg/L) and NAA (0, 1.0 mg/L) was tested. The maximun proliferation of PLB's was obtained on MS medium supplemented with 3.0 mg/L BA and 1.0 mg/L NAA after 6 weeks of culture. Addition of 200 mg/L activated charcoal (AC) and 30 g/L sucrose was effective on PLB proliferation for D. moniliforme.
activated charcoal;Dendrobium moniliforme;endangered;protocorm like body;sucrose
- Arditti J, Ernst R. 1993. Micropropagation of orchids. John Wiley and Sons, New York, USA, pp 373-375.
- Bae KH, Choi YE. 2013. Factors affecting fruit baring in natural habitat and in vitro culture of zygotic embryos of Cypripedium japonicum. Prog Ornament Plant 11: 146-152.
- Bae KH, Kim CH, Sun BY, Choi YE. 2010. Structural changes of seed coats and stimulation of in vitro germination of fully mature seeds of Cypripedium macranthos Swartz (orchidaceae) by NaOCl pretreatment. Prog Ornament Plant 10: 107-113
- Bae KH, Kwon HK, Choi YE. 2009. In vitro germination and plantlet conversion from the culture of fully mature seeds of Cypripedium guttatum Swartz. Prog Ornament Plant 9: 160-165.
- Bae KH, Yoon ES, Yong YP, Choi YE. 2010. Soil acclimatization of Calanthe discolor through multiple shoot formation from tissue culture. Korean J Plant Res 23: 7-13.
- Chen YC, Chang C, Chang W. 2000. A reliable protocol for plant regeneration from callus culture of Phalaenopsis. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Plant 36: 420-423. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11627-000-0076-5
- Chung JD, Chun CK, Suh YK, Byun SY. 1981. Studies on aseptic culture of seeds in Dendrobium monile. J Korean Soc Hort Sci 22: 139-145.
- Chung MY, Chung JD, Jee SO. 1998. Effect of culture media on asymbiotic seed germination and those seedling growth of Calanthe discolor and Habenaria radiata. Korean J Plant Biotechnol 25: 189-194.
- Chung JD, Lee JH, Jee SO, Kim CK. 2004. Effect of medium composition on multiple shooting and subsequent growth of mericlone from rhizome of shoot tip cultures of temperate Cymbidium species. J Kor Soc Hort Sci 39: 343-349.
- Goh CJ, Wong PF. 1980. Micropropagation of the monopodial orchid hybrid Aranda 'Deborah' using inflorescence explants. Sci Hort 44: 315-321.
- Kim YG, Yang GH, Cho SI. 2005. Anti-oxidative Effects of Dendrobii Herba on toxic agent induced kidney cell injury. Kor J Herbology 20: 53-60.
- Hussey G. 1976. In vitro release of axillary shoots from apical dominance in monocotyledonous plantlets. Ann Bot 40: 1323-1325. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aob.a085254
- Song WS, Kim HS. 1997. Effect of plant growth regulators and medium salt strength on in vitro propagation of Belamcanda chinensis DC. Korean J Plant Res 10: 114-121.
- Kim MS Kim JY. 2003. Micropropagation of Dendrobium hybrids through shoot tip culture. Acta Hort (ISHS) 624: 527-533.
- Koh JC. 2005. Callus culture and plant Regeneration from shoot apex of Iris Sanguinea Donn ex. Horn. J Plant Biotechnol 31: 19-23.
- Lee EJ, Lee JS. 1993. Studies on in vitro cutting of Dendrobium moniliform native to Korea. J Kor Soc Hort Sci 11: 314-315.
- Lee K. 1980. The wild orchids of Korea. Jungsung publisher, Seoul, Korea, pp 193.
- Madubanya LA, Makunga NP, Fennell CW. 2006. Dierama luteoalbidum: Liquid culture provides an efficient system for the ex situ conservation of an endangered and horticulturally valuable plant. S Afr J Bot 72: 584-588. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sajb.2006.04.002
- Malabadi RB, Mulgund GS, Nataraja K. 2004. Efficient regeneration of Vanda coerulea, an endangered orchid using thidiazuron. Plant Cell Tiss Org Cult 76: 289-293. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:TICU.0000009255.69476.b7
- Meyer HJ, van Staden J. 1998. In vitro multiplication of Ixia fkexuosa. Hort Sci 23: 1070-1071.
- Ministry of Environment (MEV). 2005. Enforcement decrees drafted for the Wildlife Protection Act. Gwacheon, Korea, pp 83.
- Ministry of Environment (MEV). 2012. Enforcement decrees drafted for the Wildlife Protection Act. Gwacheon, Korea, pp 66.
- Moon HK, Kim SJ, Park SY, Kim YW, Yi JS. 2009. Effect of plant growth regulators on micropropagation of a rare and endangered species, Tsuru-rindo (Tripterospermum japonicum). J Plant Biotechnol 36: 13-17. https://doi.org/10.5010/JPB.2009.36.1.013
- Murashige T, Skoog F. 1962. A revised medium for rapid growth and bio assays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiol Plant 15: 473-497. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-3054.1962.tb08052.x
- Nayak NR, Sahoo S, Patnaik S, Rath SP. 2002. Establishment of thin cross section (TCS) culture method for rapid micropropagation of Cymbidium aloifolium (L.) Sw. and Dendrobium nobile Lindl. (Orchidaceae). Sci Hort 94: 107-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-4238(01)00372-7
- Park SY, Murthy HN, Paek KY. 2003. Protocorm-like body induction and subsequent plant regeneration from root tip cultures of Doritaenopsis. Plant Sci 164: 919-923. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9452(03)00019-0
- Park SY, Yeung EC, Chakrabarty D, Paek KY. 2002. An efficient direct induction of protocorm-like bodies from leaf subepidermal cells of Doritaenopsis hybrid using thin-section culture. Plant Cell Rep 21: 46-51. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00299-002-0480-x
- Raup DM. 1986. Biological extinction in earth history. Science 231: 1528-1533. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.11542058
- Rotor Jr G. 1950. A method of vegetative propagation of Phalaenopsis species and hybrids. Amer Orchid Soc Bull 18: 738-739.
- Roy J, Naha S, Majumdar M, Banerjee N. 2007. Direct and callus-mediated protocorm-like body induction from shoot-tips of Dendrobium chrysotoxum Lindl. (Orchidaceae). Plant Cell Tiss Org Cult 90: 31-39. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11240-007-9244-1
- Ryu JH, Doo HS, Kwon TK. 1992. Induction of haploid plants by anther culture in sesame (Sesaum indicum L.). Kor J Plant Biotech 19: 171-177.
- Schemske DW, Husband BC, Ruckelshaus MH, Goodwillie C, Parker IM, Bishop JG. 1994. Evaluating approaches to the conservation of rare and endangered plants. Ecology 75: 584-606. https://doi.org/10.2307/1941718
- Shibli RA, Ajlouni MM. 2000. Somatic embryogenesis in the endemic Black Iris. Plant Cell Tiss Org Cult 61: 15-21. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006468122819
- Tanaka M. 1992. Micropropagation of Phalaenopsis spp. Biotechnology in agriculture and forestry. In: High-tech and micropropagation IV (Bajaj YPS ed). Springer, Berlin.
- Wolfe SC. 1987. World watch paper 78, on the brink of extinction: conserving the diversity of life. Worldwatch Institute, Washington DC, pp 53.
Yoon MY, Kim JY, Hwang JH, Cha MR, Lee MR, Jo KJ, Park HR. 2007. Protective effect of Methanolic extracts from Dendrobium nobile Lindl. on
$H_2O_2$-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 50: 63-67.