- Volume 26 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Existing Building Energy Simulation Method Using Calibrated Model by Energy Audit Data
성능진단 데이터로 보정된 모델을 이용한 기존건축물의 에너지시뮬레이션 기법
- Received : 2014.03.03
- Accepted : 2014.03.26
- Published : 2014.05.10
This paper represents a method of existing building energy simulation using energy audit data. Energy audit must be carried out for reasonable analysis, because characteristics of existing buildings such as efficiency of fan, pump, flow rate, pressure, COP and operating schedule could be changed during the building operation. These building characteristics should be measured to estimate actual energy consumption of the existing building. In this study, we conducted energy audit and calculated energy savings for a 7-stories building as a case-study. The energy audit data were used to calibrate the building model of EnergyPlus simulation. Baseline model validated according to M&V guideline index. As a result, building characteristics are significant parameters making a big impact on energy savings in existing buildings.
Existing buildings;Energy simulation;Energy audit;Baseline model calibration;Measurement and verification(M&V)
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea, web site, http://www.molit.go.kr/USR/NEWS/m_71/dtl. jsp?lcmspage=1&id=95067770.
- Efficiency Valuation Organization(EVO), International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP) Public Library of Documents, http://www.evoworld. org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view& id=272&Ite.
- Huh, J. H., 2013, Measurement and verification for energy saving calculation, Magazine of the SAREK, Vol. 42, No. 9, pp. 30-39.
- U. S. Department of Energy Federal Energy Management Program, 2008, M&V Guidelines : Measurement and verification for federal energy projects Version 3.0, http://www1.eere.energy.gov/femp/pdfs/mv_guidelines. pdf.
- ASHRAE, 2002, ASHRAE Guideline 14-2002 for measurement of energy and demand savings, ASHRAE, Atlanta.
- Heo, Y., Choudhary, R., and Augenbroe, G. A., 2012, Calibration of building energy models for retrofit analysis under uncertainty, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 47, pp. 550-560. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2011.12.029
- Reddy, T. A., 2005, Literature review on calibration of building energy simulation programs: Uses, Problems, Procedures, Uncertainty, and Tools, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 112, pp. 226-240.
- Sun, J. and Reddy, T. A., 2006, Calibration of building energy simulation programs using the analytic optimization approach(RP-1051), HVAC&R RESEARCH, Vol. 12, pp. 117-196.
- Coakley, D., Raftery, P., and Molloy, P., 2012, Calibration of whole building energy simulation models : Detailed case study of a naturally ventilated building using hourly measured data, Proceedings, First Building Simulation and Optimization Conference, Loughborough, UK, pp. 57-64.
- Reddy, T. A., Maor, I., and Panjapornpon, C., 2007, Calibrating detailed building energy simulation programs with measured data-Part I : General methodology( RP-1051), HVAC&R RESEARCH, Vol. 13, pp. 221-241. https://doi.org/10.1080/10789669.2007.10390952
- Reddy, T. A., Maor, I., and Panjapornpon, C., 2007, Calibrating detailed building energy simulation programs with measured data-Part II : Application to three case study office buildings(RP-1051), HVAC&R RESEARCH, Vol. 13, pp. 243-265. https://doi.org/10.1080/10789669.2007.10390953
- Raftery, P., Keane, M., and O'Donnell, J., 2011, Calibrating whole building energy models : An evidencebased methodology, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 43, pp. 2356-2364. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2011.05.020
- Raftery, P., 2011, Calibrated whole building energy simulation : An evidence-based methodology, Ph.D. thesis, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland.
- Kwak, Y. H., Chun. S. H., Jang, C. Y., and Huh, J. H., 2013, Real-time energy demand prediction method using weather forecasting data and solar model, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 310-316. https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2013.25.6.310
- Development of an End-use Analysis Tool for Existing Buildings Based on Energy Billing Data vol.27, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2015.27.3.128
- Selecting of the Energy Performance Diagnosis Items through the Sensitivity Analysis of Existing Buildings vol.27, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2015.27.7.354
- Recent Progress in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Research: A Review of Papers Published in the Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering in 2014 vol.27, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2015.27.7.380
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원