- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Rechlorination for residual chlorine concentration equalization in distribution system
급배수시스템에서 잔류염소 농도 균등화를 위한 재염소 처리
- Received : 2014.01.14
- Accepted : 2014.02.13
- Published : 2014.02.15
Three water treatment plants(WTPs) in Jeju island whose source water have different characteristics from those of the mainland of Korea were investigated. Coefficients of bulk water decay(
tap water;residual chlorine;distribution system;bulk decay;wall decay
- Ahn, J. Lee, S. Rho, B. Choi, Y. Choi, J. Kim, H. Park, T. Park, C. Koo, J. (2007) Modeling residual chlorine and THMs in water distribution system. J. of Korean Society of Water and Wastewater(KSWW), 29(6) 706-714.
- Cha, J. Kim, J. (2012) Leakage reduction through establishment of block system in Jeju city. J. of KSWW, 26(5) 693-703.
- Fisher, I. Kastl, G. Sathasivan, A. (2011) Evaluation of suitable chlorine bulk-decay models for water distribution systems, Wat. Res. 45, 4896-4908. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2011.06.032
- Hallam, N.B. West, J.R. Forster, C.F. Powell, J.C. Spencer, I. (2002) The decay of chlorine associated with the pipe wall in water distribution systems, Wat. Res. 36, 3479-3488. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(02)00056-8
- Jeju special self-governing province, Division of water supply (2014) www.jejuwater.go.kr.
- Kim, D. Lee, D. Kim, K. Bae, C. Joo, H. (2010) Computing the dosage and analysing the effect of optimal rechlorination for adequate residual chlorine in water distribution system, J. of Korean Society of Env. Engineers, 32(10) 916-927.
- Korea Water Works Association(KWWA) (2010) Standards for water supply facilities.
- K-water (2014) www.kwater.or.kr
- Lee, H., Park, J. Kong, M. Kang, S. Kwak, P. Lee, J. (2013) A Study on calculation of the pipe wall decay constants of residual chlorine and affecting factors in reclaimed water supply system. J. of water treatment, 21(2) 15-27.
- Mays, L.W. (2000) Water distribution systems handbook, McGraw-Hill.
- Ministry of Environment(MOE) (2006) Internal report.
- Ministry of Environment(MOE) (2013) Water supply statistics 2012.
- Ministry of Environment(MOE) (2014) www.me.go.kr.
- Powell, J.C. Hallam, N.B. West, J.R. Forster, C.F., Simms, J. (2000) Factors which control bulk chlorine decay rates, Wat. Res. 34(1) 117-126. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(99)00097-4
- Rossman, L.A. Clark, R.M. Grayman, W.M. (1994) Modeling chlorine residuals in drinkingwater distribution systems, 120(4) J. of Env. Eng. 803-820. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1994)120:4(803)
- The Of fice of waterworks in Seoul metropolitan government(SMG) (2014) arisu.seoul.go.kr
- Tokyo metropolitan government(TMG), Bureau of waterworks (2014) www.waterworks.metro.tokyo.jp.
- Uber, J.G. Boccelli, D.L. Summers, R.S. Tryby, M.E. (2003) Maintaining distribution system residuals through booster chlorination. AWWARF.
- USEPA (2014) www.epa.gov.
- Yoo, H.J. Kim, J.W. Jeong, H.J. Lee, H.K. (2003) Chlorine residual prediction in drinking water distribution system using EPANET. Kor. J. env. hlth 29(1) 8-15.
- Post-Chlorination Process Control based on Flow Prediction by Time Series Neural Network in Water Treatment Plant vol.16, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2016.16.3.197
Supported by : 환경부