- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Handle analysis of Cosmetic Textiles and its Correlation with Subjective haracteristics -Focus on puff textile-
- Jung, Cheul Sun (Subdivision of Cosmetology, KyungNam College of Information & Technology) ;
- Koo, Young Seok (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2013.11.25
- Accepted : 2014.03.07
- Published : 2014.04.30
This study examined the correlation between a handle evaluation of cosmetic puff textile and a sensory evaluation. The KES-F system was used to analyze the main mechanical factors for the handle evaluation and a statistical method was used for the sensory evaluation. The results revealed different mechanical properties and handle values of the tested cosmetic puff textiles. A material type and structure of the cosmetic textile affected the handle property of the material which is the most important factor for a cosmetic purpose. Particularly, the physical properties of textile material are likely to be important factors for the sensory property of cosmetic material. In addition, the sensory evaluation also revealed different sensory characteristics of the cosmetic efficiency according to the cosmetic puff textile. No close relationship was observed between the mechanical properties and sensory evaluation on the cosmetic puff textiles. The sensory evaluation of a cosmetic efficiency is not only decided by the physical and mechanical characteristics of the cosmetic textile material. Overall, when using textiles used for the cosmetic purposes, it is important to consider not only the proper mechanical properties of the textiles but also the use and sensory satisfaction. Development and selection of the cosmetic textiles should be focused on both the material function and consumer satisfaction.
- Ajayi, J. O., & Elder, H. M. (1997). Fabric friction, handle, and compression. Journal of Textile Institut, 88 part, 1(3), 232-241.
- Ellis, B. C., & Garnsworthy, R. K. (1980). A review of techniques for the assessment of hand. Textile Research Journal, 50(4), 231-238. https://doi.org/10.1177/004051758005000406
- Howorth, W. S., & Oliver, P. H. (1958). Application of multiple factor analysis to the assessment of fabric handle. Journal of Textile Institute, 49, 540, https://doi.org/10.1080/19447025808662463
- Howorth, W. S., & Oliver, P. H. (1964). Handle of suiting, lingerie and dress fabric. Journal of Textile Institute, 55, 251, https://doi.org/10.1080/19447026408660234
- Kim, C. J., & Na, Y. J. (2000). Physical stimulus of silk woven fabrics, subjective hand and mechanical properties. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 24(3), 429-439.
- Kim, D. L., & Park, J. H. (1984). A study on the mechanical properties and the handle of fabrics. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 8(2), 47-57.
- Kim, K. A., & Lee, M. S. (1997). The assessment of hand for alkaline hydrolyzed polyester fabrics (I) - Development for the subjective hand evaluation scale -. Journal of Korean Fiber Society, 34(4), 232-239.
- Kim, T. H., & Kim, S. J. (1985). A study on the physical properties of textile materials. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 9(1), 47-55.
- Kawabada S. (1980). The standardization and analysis of hand evaluation (2nd Edition). The textile machineary soceity of Japan.
- Kwon, D. Y., & Kwon, Y. A. (2009). A Study on the physical properties and the handle of silver combined knit. Fashion and Textile Research Journal, 11(4), 641-647.
- Kwang, H. S. (1984). A study on the structural conditions and the compressional properties of wool fabrics. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 8(3), 67-71.
- Lee, Y. H. (2006). A differences in preference and evaluation on the image of make-up (part II) -Focused on perceiver's age & habitant-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(5), 684-698.
- Na, Y. J. (1999). Compressional properties of fabrics at low pressure to access real fabric handle. Fashion and Textile Research Journal, 1(4), 358-362.
- Shin, K. I., & Kim, J. J. (2000). A study on the handle and texture of artificial suede. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 24(1), 128-137.