- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Implementation and Analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 Compliant Software based on a Vertically Decomposed Task Model
수직 분할 태스크 모델 기반의 IEEE 802.15.4 소프트웨어 구현과 성능평가
- Received : 2013.09.16
- Accepted : 2014.01.28
- Published : 2014.02.28
IEEE 802.15.4 is one of the most widely adopted physical layer standards in the area of LR-WPAN(Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Network). Numerous previous researches have contributed to deep insights on energy efficiency, transmission throughput, and reliability that IEEE 802.15.4 delivers to the LR-WPAN. As a research that is orthogonal and complementary to previous researches, we explore the implementation and practical performance evaluation of IEEE 802.15.4 MAC software. We implement the MAC software from the perspective of the networking stack, exploring the issues raised when the MAC software serves as a functional component in a complete networking stack consisting of MAC, network as well as well as application support layers. The performance is evaluated on a realistic experimental software environment integrated with operating system, networking stack, and applications.
IEEE 802.15.4;Networking stack;Maximum transmission throughput
Grant : 자율군집을 지원하는 웰빙형 정보기기 내장 소프트웨어 플랫폼 개발
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원
- IEEE Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), IEEE Std., Rev. IEEE Std 802.15.4-2006 and IEEE Std 802.15.4-2007a, 2007.
- C.Y. Jung, H.Y. Hwang, D.K. Sung, and G.U. Hwang. Enhanced markov chain model and throughput analysis of the slotted csma/ca for ieee 802.15.4 under unsaturated traffic conditions. Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on, 58(1):473-78, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2008.923669
- G. Lu, B. Krishnamachari, C. Raghavendra, Performance evaluation of the IEEE 802.15.4 MAC for low-rate low-power wireless networks, in: Proceedings of the EWCN'04, Held in Conjunction with the IEEE IPCCC, April 2004.
- J. Mi-si'c, S. Shafi, V.B. Mi-si'c, Performance of a beacon enabled IEEE 802.15.4 cluster with downlink and uplink traffic, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 17 (4) (2006) 361-76. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2006.54
- S. Pollin, M. Ergen, S.C. Ergen, B. Bougard, F. Catthoor, A. Bahai, and P. Varaiya. Performance analysis of slotted carrier sense ieee 802.15.4 acknowledged uplink transmissions. In Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, 2008. WCNC 2008. IEEE, pages 1559-564, 312008-april3 2008.
- F. Osterlind, A. Dunkels, J. Eriksson, N. Finne, and T. Voigt. Cross-level sensor network simulation with cooja. In Local Computer Networks, Proceedings 2006 31st IEEE Conference on, pages 641-48, 2006.
- A. Cunha, M. Alves, and A. Kouba, ""An IEEE 802.15.4 protocol implementation (in nesC/ TinyOS): Reference Guide v1.2,"" Polytechnic Institute of Porto (ISEP-IPP), Porto, Technical Report 1.2, 2007.  MicaZ WIRELESS MEASUREMENT SYSTEM, crossbow, 2004.
- J. H. Hauer, ""TKN15.4: An IEEE 802.15.4MAC Implementation for TinyOS 2,"" Telecommunication Networks Group, Technical University Berlin, Technical Report TKN-08-003, 2009.
- Ricardo Severino Jasper Busch Marco Tiloca Stefano Tennina Jan-Hinrich Hauer, Roberta Daidone. An open-source ieee 802.15.4 mac implementation for tinyos 2.1. In European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks, 2011.