- Volume 9 Issue 3
We studied about the rotor design change using a Ferrite ring magnet to reduce material cost in the condition of the same stator core design. However, this design direction has many weak points such as the decrease of BEMF, the low maximum output, the irreversible demagnetization characteristics of a permanent magnet and so on. In order to mitigate such disadvantages, an optimization design of the BLDC motor has been developed by changing each design parameter and by improving the electromagnetic structure. In the proposed water pump SPM BLDC motor using Ferrite magnet, the outer and inner diameter of stator is fixed to the value of the conventional IPM BLDC motor using Nd-Fe-B magnet. The design specification requirements should be satisfied with the same output power and efficiency characteristics in the same dimension. As a result of this study, the design comparison results considering driving performances and material cost are represented. Through the actual experiment with the prototype of the designed motor, the simulations results are verified.
BLDC (Brushless DC) motor;Low cost design;Water pump;Rare-earth;Ferrite
- H. J. Kim, S. M. Kim, "Rare Earth Dispute and Trend in Development of NdFeB Anisotropic Bonded Magnets", Journal of the Korean magnetics society, v. 22 no. 3, pp. 109-115, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2012.22.3.109
- J. G. Lee, J. H. Yu, H. J. Kim and T. S. Jang, "Trend in Research and Development Related to Motors and Permanent Magnets for Solving Rare-earth Resources Problem", Journal of the Korean Magnetics Society, Vol. 22, No. 2, April, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2012.22.2.058
- Jung-Pil Yang, "The Current Status and Future Outlook of the Bonded Rare-earth Magnet", Journal of the Korean Magnetics Society, Vol. 21, No. 4, August 2011. https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2011.21.4.147
- Jung-Goo Lee, Youn-Kyoung Baek, Ji-Hun Yu and Chul-Jin Choi, "Trend in Research and Development Related to Lean Heavy Rare-earth Permanent Magnets for Next-generation Motors", J. Kor. Powd. Met. Inst., Vol. 19, No. 2, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2012.19.2.151
- A. I Khyri, J. A. comell, Response Surfaces: Designs and Analyses. New York: marcel Dekker, 1996.
- Su-Jin Lee, Sung-Il Kim, Jung-Pyo Hong, Byoung- Young Song, Jong Won Park, "Characteristic Analysis of the Water Pump Motor considering Polar Anisotropic Ferrite Bonded Magnet", Electrical Machines and Systems(ICEMS), pp. 1242-1245, Oct. 2010.
- Byeong-woo Kim, Hyun-dock Cho, Do-hee Lee, "Characteristic Analysis of BLDC Motor for Vehicle Compressor Based on High Voltage", Transactions of Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, vol. 16 no. 3, pp. 44-51, 2008.
- Duane Hanselman, "Brushless Permanent Magnet Motor Design", The Writers' Collective, 2003.
- S. Zeze, T. Todaka, and M. Enokizono, "Improvement of Rotor Structure of Concentrated Surface Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor", Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), pp. 1-6, Nov., 2009.
- Jang-Young Choi, Hyung-Il Park, Seok-Myeong Jang and Sung-Ho Lee, "Design and Analysis of Surface- Mounted PM Motor of Compressor for Electric Vehicles Applications according to Slot/Pole Combinations", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 60 no. 10, pp. 1846-1857, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.10.1846
- Masayuki Sanada, Yukinori Inoue and Shigeo Morimoto, "Rotor Structure for Reducing Demagnetization of Magnet in a PMASynRM with Ferrite Permanent Magnet and its Characteristics", Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2011 IEEE, pp. 4189-4194, Sept. 2011.