- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Parametric Analysis and Experimental Testing of Radial Flux Type Synchronous Permanent Magnet Coupling Based on Analytical Torque Calculations
- Kang, Han-Bit ;
- Choi, Jang-Young
- Received : 2013.09.28
- Accepted : 2013.12.28
- Published : 2014.05.01
This paper presents the torque calculation and parametric analysis of synchronous permanent magnet couplings (SPMCs). Based on a magnetic vector potential, we obtained the analytical magnetic field solutions produced by permanent magnets (PMs). Then, the analytical solutions for a magnetic torque were obtained. All analytical results were extensively validated with the non-linear a two-dimensional (2D) finite element analysis (FEA). In particular, test results such as torque measurements are presented that confirm the analysis. Finally, using the derived analytical magnetic torque solutions, we carried out a parametric analysis to determine the influence of the design parameters on the SPMC's behavior.
Synchronous permanent magnet couplings;Analytical magnetic field solutions;2D FEA;Parametric analysis
- J.F. Charpentier and G. Lemarquand, "Study of Permanent-Magnet Couplings with Progressive Magnetization Using an Analytical Formulation," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol.35, no.5, pp.4206-4217, Sep. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.799069
- JP. Yonnet, S. Hemmerlin, E. Rulliere, and G. Lemarquand, "Analytical calculation of permanent magnet couplings," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol.29, no.6, pp.2932-2934, Nov. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.280913
- P. Elies and G. Lemarquand, "Analytical Optimization of the Torque of a Permanent-Magnet Coaxial Synchronous Coupling," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 2267-2273, Jul. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.703865
- R. Ravaud, G. Lemarquand, V. Lemarquand, and C. Depollier, "Permanent Magent Couplings: Field and Torque Three-Dimensional Expressions Based on the Coulombian Model," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol. 45, no. 4, Apr. 2009.
- R. Ravaud, G. Lemarquand, V. Lemarquand, and C. Depollier, "Torque in permanent magnet couplings: Comparison of uniform and radial magnetization," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, issue. 5, Mar. 2009.
- W. Wu, H. C. Lovatt, J. B. Dunlop, "Analysis and Design Optimisation of Magnetic Couplings Using 3D Finite Elemet Modelling," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol.33, no.5, Sep. 1997.
- Wang Yu Lin, Liu Pin Kuan, Wu Jun, and Ding Han, "Near-Optimal Design and 3-D Finite Element Analysis of Multiple Sets of Radial Magnetic Couplings," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol. 44, no. 12, Dec. 2008.
- Zhu, Z.Q., Howe, D. and Chan, C.C., "Improved analytical model for predicting the magnetic field distribution in brushless permanent-magnet machines", IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 38, pp. 229-238, Jan. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.990112
- David L. Trumper, Won-jong Kim, and Mark E. Williams, "Design and Analysis Framework for Linear Permanent-Magnet Machines", IEEE Trans. IAS, vol. 32, pp. 371-379, 1996.
- Parametric Analysis of Tubular-Type Linear Magnetic Couplings with Halbach Array Magnetized Permanent Magnet by Using Analytical Force Calculation vol.21, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2016.21.1.110
- Design and Steady-State Performance of a Novel Winding Type Permanent Magnet Coupling with Slip Power Recovery Function vol.2017, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/3141089
- Analysis and Structure Optimization of Radial Halbach Permanent Magnet Couplings for Deep Sea Robots vol.2018, pp.1563-5147, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/7627326