- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Sensorless Vector Control of Induction Motors for Wind Energy Applications Using MRAS and ASO
- Jeong, Il-Woo ;
- Choi, Won-Shik ;
- Park, Ki-Hyeon
- Received : 2013.09.09
- Accepted : 2013.11.28
- Published : 2014.05.01
Speed sensorless modes of operation are becoming standard solution in the area of electric drives. This paper presents flux estimator and speed estimator for the speed sensorless vector control of induction motors. The proposed sensorless methods are based on the model reference adaptive system (MRAS) observer and adaptive speed observer (ASO). The proposed speed estimation algorithm can be employed in the power control of grid connected induction generator for wind power applications. Two proposed schemes are verified through computer simulation PSIM and compared their simulation results.
Wind energy;Sensorless vector control;Induction motor;Model reference adaptive system(MRAS);Adaptive speed observer(ASO)
- A. Miller, E. Muljadi and D. S. Zinger, "A variable speed wind turbine power control," IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 181-186, Jun. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.629701
- H. Polinder, F. F. A. van der Piji, G.-J. de Vilder and P. J. Tavner, "Comparison of direct-drive and geared generator concepts for wind turbines," IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 725-733, Sept. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2006.875476
- A. Consoli, S. Musumeci, A. Raciti and A. Tsesta, "Sensorelss vector control and speed control of brushless motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 91-96, Feb. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.281613
- T. Orlowska-Kowalska and M. Dybkowski, "Stator- Current-Based MRAS Estimator for a Wide Range Speed-Sensorless Induction-Motor Drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1296-1308, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2031134
- Byung-Il Kwon, Hai Lin and Kyu-Yun Hwang, "An Improved Flux Observer for Sensorless Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drives with Parameter Identification," JEET, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 530-543, May. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.3.516
- Kwang-Woon Lee and Jung-Ik Ha, "Evaluation of Back-EMF Estimators for Sensorless Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors," JPE, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 604-614, July. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2012.12.4.604
- M'hamed Sekour, Kada Hartani, Azeddine Draou and Ahmed Allali, "Sensorless Fuzzy Direct Torque Control for High Performance Electric Vehicle with Four In-Wheel Motors," JEET, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 530-543, May, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.3.530
- M. Barut, S. Bogosyan, and M. Gokasan, "Speed- Sensorless Estimation for Induction Motors Using Extended Kalman Filters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 272-280, Feb. 2007.
- M. Hajian, J. Soltani, G. A. Markadeh and S. Hosseinnia, "Adaptive Nonlinear Direct Torque Control of Sensor-less IM Drives With Efficiency Optimization," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no.3, pp. 975-985, Mar. 2010 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2029592
- M. Pacas, "Sensorless Drives in Industrial Applications," IEEE Ind. Electron. Magazine. vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 16-23, June. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIE.2011.941125
- P. L. Jansen and R. D. Lorenz, "A physically insightful approach to the design and accuracy assessment of flux observers for field oriented induction machine drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 30, no.1, pp. 101-110, Jan/Feb, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.273627
- H. Kubota, K. Matsuse and T. Nakano, "DSP-Based Adaptive Flux Observer of Induction Motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 29, No.2, pp.344-348, Mar/Apr, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.216542
- P. Sorensen, A. D. Hansen and P. A. C. Rosas, "Wind models for simulation of power fluctuations from wind farms," Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics., vol. 90, no. 12-15, pp. 1381-1402, Dec. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6105(02)00260-X
- T. Burton, D. Sharpe, N. Jenkins, and E. Bossanyi, Wind Energy Handbook, Wiley, 2001, p.233-235
- Seung-Ki Sul, Control of Electric Machine Drive Systems, John Wiley & Sons., 2011, p. 120-125, 243-245
- P. Sorensen, "Frequency domain modeling of wind turbine structures," Denmark. Forskningscenter Risoe. Risoe-R749(EN), Apr. 1994.
- W. Langreder, "Models for Variable Speed Wind Turbines," M.Sc. Thesis, Riso CREST Loughborough University and National Laboratory, 1996.
- Adaptive controller with RBF neural network for induction motor drive 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/jnm.2280