- Volume 47 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Study of Correlation between Riparian Environment and Vegetation Distribution in Nakdong River
낙동강의 하천환경과 식생분포특성의 상관성 조사연구
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2014.02.26
- Published : 2014.04.30
This study was performed to investigate relation between riparian vegetation and environmental factor and to predict riparian vegetation succession in Nakdong river, which is typical sand river in Korea Peninsula. We searched 5 natural levee and installed 84 quadrats in Nakdong river near by Andong city. Also, We analyzed flora, vegetation cover degree, topography, soil moisture, organic content, pH, electrical conductivity and soil texture. According to the result of CCA (canonical correspondence analysis), which considered both investigated vegetation data and environmental factor, vegetation were divided down three groups, and each group was difference by height above ordinary water level, organic content and sand. In addition, the most powerful factor was indicated the height above ordinary water level.
river environment;riparian vegetation;canonical correspondence analysis
- Ahn, Y.H., Yang, Y.C., and Chun, S.H. (2001). "A Study on the Distribution Patterns of Salicaceae species at the An-sung Stream-Refered to Woldongcheon, Yokjungcheon, Joyoungcheon and Gisolcheon-." Kor. J. Env. Eco., Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 221-223.
- Allan, J.D. (2007). Stream Ecology, Kluwer Academic, The Netherlands, pp. 75-102.
- Choi, H.K. (2000). Aquatic vascular plants, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon.
- Kim, Y.S., Kim C.H., and Lee, K.B. (2002). "Canonical Correspondence Analysis of Riparian Vegetation in Mankyeong River, Jeollabuk-do." J. of the Environmental Sciences, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 1031-1037. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2002.11.10.1031
- Cronk, J.K., and Fenessy, M.S. (2001). Wetland plants, Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, p. 237.
- Hupp, C.R., and Osterkamp, W.R. (1996). Riparian vegetation and fluvial geomorphic processes. Geomorphology, Vol. 14, pp. 277-295. https://doi.org/10.1016/0169-555X(95)00042-4
- Kim, H.J., Kim, S.Y., and Kim, C.W. (2006). "Correlation between Biotic Factor and Abiotic Factor-Focus on the Case Streams in Kyonggi District-." Kor. J. Env. Eco., Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 374-390.
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology. (KICT) (2008). River Disturbance White Paper, Seoul, pp. 17-23.
- Lee, C.B. (2003). Illustrated Flora of Korea, Hyangmunsa, Seoul.
- Lee, C.S., Oh, J.M., and Lee, N.J. (2003). River Environment and Wetland Plants, Donghwa, Seoul, pp. 146-167.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. (2009). Korea River List, Seoul, pp. 17-21.
- Mitsch, W.J., and Gosselink, J.G. (2000). Wetland, John Wiley and Sons, New York, p. 920.
- Naiman, R.J., and Decamp, H. (1997). "The ecology of interfaces: riparian zones." Annual Reviews of Ecological and Systematics, Vol. 28, pp. 621-658. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ecolsys.28.1.621
- Park, S.H. (2009). Naturalized Plants of Korea, Ilchokak, Seoul.
- Sabater, F., Butturini, A., Marti, E., Munoz, I., Romani, A., Wray, J., and Sabater, S. (2000). "Effects of riparian vegetation removal on nutrient retention in a mediterranean stream." The North American Benthological Society, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 609-620. https://doi.org/10.2307/1468120
- Seibert, P. (1968). Importance of natural vegetation for the protection of the banks of streams, rivers, and canals, Nature and Environment Series (Volume Freshwater), Council of Europe, pp. 35-67.
- Shafroth, P.B., Stromberg, J.C., and Patten, D.T. (2002). "Riparian vegetation response to altered disturbance and stress regimes." Ecological Applications, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 107-123. https://doi.org/10.1890/1051-0761(2002)012[0107:RVRTAD]2.0.CO;2
- Shannon, C.E., and Wiener, W. (1949). The mathematical theory of communication, Univ. Illinois Press, Urbana, p. 117.
- Sheldrick, B.H., and Wang, C. (1993). Particle size distribution. In: Carter MR (ed.), Soil sampling and methods of analysis, Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, pp. 499-518.
- Simon, A., and Collison, A.J.C. (2002). "Quantifying the mechanical and hydrologic effects of riparian vegetation on streambank stability." Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, Vol. 27, pp. 527-546. https://doi.org/10.1002/esp.325
- Change of Vegetation Based on Nature-friendly River of Urban Streams in Ulsan vol.47, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2014.47.7.657
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원