- Volume 18 Issue 4
Recently, with the development of hardware and software technology related with image information delivery, the demand for various multimedia service has increased. But, the process of treating, sending, and storing image signals generates image degradation by various external causes. The main cause of image degradation is noise. image is mostly damaged by AWGN (additive white Gaussian noise). Therefore, there have been active researches on noise elimination. This paper, to reduce the effects of AWGN added to the image, suggests a noise-eliminating algorithm which is excellent in low-frequency and high-frequency characteristics in space. And, this paper, through simulation techniques, compared the result of the suggested algorithm with those of the existing methods. And, to evaluate the performance of it, PSNR (peak signal to noise ratio) was used.
- K. N. Plataniotis and A. N. Venetsanopoulos, Eds., Colir Image Processing and Applications, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2000.
- R. C. Gonzalez and R.E. woods, Eds., Digiral Image Processing, Prentice Hall, 2007.
- Jiahui Wang and Jingxing Hong, "A New Self-Adaptive Weighted Filter for Removing Noise in Infrared images", IEEE Information Engineering and Computer Science, ICIECS International Conference, 2009.
- Gao Yinyu and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Improved Denoising Algorithm for Edge Preservation in AWGN Environments", Journal of KIICE, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 1773-1778, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.8.1773
- Y. Dong and S. Xu, "A New Directional Weighted Median Filter for Removal Random-Valued Impulse Noise", IEEE Signal Processing Lett., vol 14, no. 3, pp. 193-196, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2006.884014
- Oten, Remzi and De Figueiredo, Rlui J P, "Adaptive Alpha-Trimmed Mean Filters Under Deviations From Assumed Noise Model", IEEE Trans., Image Processing, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 627-639, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.821115
- Wei Wang and Peizhong LU, "Adaptive switching anisotropic diffusion model for universal noise removal", Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), 2012 10th World Congress on , pp. 4803-4808, 2012.
- He Changwei, Liu Yingxia, Ren Wenjie and Wang Xin, "Wavelet denoising based on multistage median filtering", Journal of Computer Application, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 2117- 2119, Sep. 2007.
- Gao Yinyu and Nam-Ho Kim, "A study on image restoration for removing mixed noise while considering edge information", International Journal of KIICE, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 2239- 2246, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.10.2239
Supported by : 부경대학교