- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Wave Parameters for Probabilistic Tsunami Hazard Analysis Considering the Fault Sources in the Western Part of Japan
일본 서부 단층 지진원을 고려한 확률론적 지진해일 재해도 분석의 파고 변수 도출
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2014.04.03
- Published : 2014.05.01
Probabilistic tsunami hazard analysis (PTHA) is based on the approach of probabilistic seismic hazard analysis (PSHA) which is performed using various seismotectonic models and ground-motion prediction equations. The major difference between PTHA and PSHA is that PTHA requires the wave parameters of tsunami. The wave parameters can be estimated from tsunami propagation analysis. Therefore, a tsunami simulation analysis was conducted for the purpose of evaluating the wave parameters required for the PTHA of Uljin nuclear power plant (NPP) site. The tsunamigenic fault sources in the western part of Japan were chosen for the analysis. The wave heights for 80 rupture scenarios were numerically simulated. The synthetic tsunami waveforms were obtained around the Uljin NPP site. The results show that the wave heights are closely related with the location of the fault sources and the associated potential earthquake magnitudes. These wave parameters can be used as input data for the future PTHA study of the Uljin NPP site.
Tsunami;Tsunami propagation analysis;Nuclear power plant (NPP);Probabilistic tsunami hazard analysis (PTHA)
- Geist EL. and Parsons T. Probabilistic analysis of tsunami hazars. Natural Hazards. 2006;37:277-314. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-005-4646-z
- Thio HK, Somerville P, Ichinose, G. Probabilistic analysis of strong ground motion and tsunami hazars in Southeast Asia. Journal of Earthquake and Tsunami. 2007 Jun;1(2):1-19. https://doi.org/10.1142/S179343110700002X
- Annaka T, Satake K, Sakakiyama T, Yanagisawa K, Shuto N. Logic-tree approach for probabilistic tsunami hazard analysis and its applications to the Japanes coasts. Pure and Applied Geophysics. 2007;164:577-592. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-006-0174-3
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute. Probabilistic seismic hazard analysis procedure and application for nuclear power plant sites. KAERI/TR-4633/2012, Daejeon, Korea, 2012.
- Rhee HM, Seo JM, Sheen DH, Choi IK. Probabilistic seismic hazard anlysis on metropolitan cities and counties in Korea. Journal of the Geological Society of Korea. 2012 Jun;48(3):259-273.
- Seo JM, Rhee HM, Choi IK. A study on the best estimate of seismicity parameter b-value and its application for the seismic hazard analysis of the Korean Peninsula. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2010 Feb;14(1):35-42. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2010.14.1.035
- Sakai T, Takeda T, Soraoka H, Yanagisawa K. Proceeding of International Conference on Nuclear Engineering 14th;2006 Jul 17-20;Miami, Frorida, USA;ASME;c2006.
- Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Scientific and technical issue in tsunami hazard assessment of nuclear power plant sites, NOAA Techinal Memorandum OAR PMEL-136, Seattle, America, 2007.
- Bae JS, Yoon SB. Construction of tsunami inundation map for real-time quantitative response. Korean Society on Coastal and Ocean Engineers. 2010 Oct;22(5):287-294.
- Choi BH, Efim P, Hong SJ. Simulation of 1993 East Sea tsunami by parallel FEM model. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2006 Jun;10(3):35-45. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2006.10.3.035
- Choi BH, Efim P, Woo SB, Lee JW, Mun JY. Simulation of tsunami in the east sea using dynamically-interfaced multi-grid model. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2003 Feb;7(1):41-55. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2003.7.1.041
- Yoon SB, Lim CH. Active dispersion-correction scheme of 2-D finite element model for simulation of tsunami propagation. Korean Society on Coastal and Ocean Engineers. 2005 Mar;17(1):1-8.
- Choi BH, Efim P, Lee JS, Woo SB. Estimation of tsunami risk zoning on the coasts adjacent to the east sea from hypothetical earthquakes. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2002 Oct;6(5):1-17. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2002.6.5.001
- Choi BH, Hong SJ, Lee JS. Computation of hypothetical tsunamis on the east coast in Korea. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2002 Jun;6(3):73-86. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2002.6.3.073
- Lee H, Lee DS. Revaluation of tsunami risk at the site of Ulchin nuclear power plant. Korean Society on Coastal and Ocean Engineers. 2002 Mar;14(1):1-7.
- Kim MK, Choi IK, Kang KS. Tsuanmi hazard evaluation for the east coast of Korea by using empirical tsunami data. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2010 Aug;14(4):17-22. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2010.14.4.017
- Kim, MK, Choi IK. A tsunami PSA methodology and application for NPP site in Korea. Nuclear Engineering and Design. 2012;244: 92-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2011.12.001
- Atomic Energy Society of Japan. Implementation standard concerning the tsunami probabilistic risk assessment of nuclear power plant: 2011, AESJ-SC-RK004E:2011, NISSEI EBLO INC., Tokyo, Japan, 2013.
- Rhee HM, Kim MK, Seo JM, Sheen DH, Choi IK. A sensitivity analysis for strike, dip, and rake of a fault in a tsunami simulation, Transactions of the Korean Nuclear Society Autumn Meeting, Gyeongju, Korea; Oct. 25-26, 2012.
- Japan Nuclear Energy Safety Organization. Tsunami simulation code "TSUNAMI". Japan, 2008.
- Korea Hydro Nuclear Power. A study on the probabilistic safety assessment method for tsunami. 08SF07, Daejeo, Korea, 2010.
- Korea Electric Power Research Institute. Numerical simulation of tsunami on the coastal area of the Korean Peninsula. Daejeon, Korea; c2007.
- Volterra V, Sur l'equilibre des corps elastiques multiplement connexes, Annales scientifiques de l'E.N.S. 3e serie, tome, 1907; 24:401-517.
- Steketee JA. On Volterra's dislocation in a semi-infinite elastic medium, Canadial Journal of Physics, 1958;36:192-205. https://doi.org/10.1139/p58-024
- Mansinha L, Smylie DE. The displacement fields of inclined faults, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 1971 Oct;61(5): 1433-1440.
- Application of Probabilistic Tsunami Hazard Analysis for the Nuclear Power Plant Site vol.19, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2015.19.6.265
Supported by : 미래창조과학부