- Volume 8 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Sensory education program development, application and its therapeutic effect in children
- Kim, Mi-Hye (Department of Food and Nutrition, Hoseo University) ;
- Chung, Hae-Kyung (Department of Food and Nutrition, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2013.09.24
- Accepted : 2013.10.28
- Published : 2014.01.25
There has recently been Increased interest in the emotional intelligence (EQ) of elementary school students, which is recognized as a more important value than IQ (intelligence quotient) for predict of their success in school or later life. However, there are few sensory education programs, available to improve the EQ of elementary school student's in Korea. This study was conducted to develop an educational program that reflects the characteristics and contents of traditional rice culture and verify the effects of those programs on the EQ of children. The program was developed based on the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation) model and participants were elementary school students in
- Kim KY. The study of fluence theory a forefinger learning instruction cooking-taste in the self-filial piety. Korea J Tourism Hosp Res 2012;26:385-402.
- Mustonen S, Rantanen R, Tuorila H. Effect of sensory education on school children's food perception: a 2-year follow-up study. Food Qual Prefer 2009;20:230-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2008.10.003
- Uchisaka Y. Sensory Education in Class. Tokyo: Godo-Shuppan; 2007. p.64-73.
- Reverdy C, Chesnel F, Schlich P, Köster EP, Lange C. Effect of sensory education on willingness to taste novel food in children. Appetite 2008;51:156-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2008.01.010
- Cho EY. A study on learning factors and self-accomplishment of culinary tastes sense education [master's thesis]. Suwon: Kyonggi University; 2011.
- Chung O, Kim M, Rho S, Park Y, Chung S, Lim J. A study on the development and effects of a program for nurturing children's emotional intelligence. Korean J Hum Dev 2010;17:191-209.
- Ha TY. Health functional properties of rice. Food Ind Nutr 2008;13:22-6.
- Wi JH, Won ES. Effectiveness of G-learning math class in increase of math achievement of K-5 students in USA. J Korea Game Soc 2012;12:79-90.
- Eun KH, Ryu SH. The development case of G-learning based education contents. J Digit Policy Manage 2013;11:397-402. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.397
- Kim HJ. A study on the current status and exploring the new possibility of dietary education for school children - focusing on sensory education-. J Korean Pract Arts Educ2012;26:59-82.
- Woo T, Lee KH. Development of a sensory education textbook and teaching guidebook for preference improvement toward traditional Korean foods in schoolchildren. Korean J Nutr 2011;44:303-11. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2011.44.4.303
- Park BK. Taste education program development, application and its therapeutic effect in school children [doctorate's thesis]. Seoul: Ewha Womans University; 2013.
- Lee CH. Model development and application of creative engineering design education program based on ADDIE model. Korean J Technol Educ 2008;8:131-46.
- Moon YL. Measuring emotional intelligence: a case in Korea. SNU J Educ Res 1996;6:11-30.
- Lee JI, Min KH. Emotional intelligence: its conceptualization and research perspectives. Psychol Sci 1996;5:67-84.
- Lee S, Kim Y. The effect of the various musical activities to emotional intelligence of children. J Hum Ecol 2006;7:17-29.
- Taste in food education: A critical review essay vol.26, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/07409710.2018.1534047