- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Anti-bacterial Effects of Aqueous Extract Purified from the Immature Cone of Red Pine (Pinus densiflora)
미성숙 솔방울 열수추출물의 항균성
- Jeong, Kyung Hui ;
- Hwang, In Sik ;
- Kim, Ji Eun ;
- Lee, Young Ju ;
- Kwak, Moon Hwa ;
- Lee, Young Hee ;
- Lee, Jae Ho ;
- Hwang, Dae Youn ;
- Jung, Young Jin
- Received : 2014.01.02
- Accepted : 2014.02.14
- Published : 2014.03.27
Red pine (Pinus densiflora) is widely used traditional medicine, pharmacological and nutritional values from which the phytochemical compounds are derived. The present study was aimed to examine the antibacterial effects in the absence and presence of a immature red pine cone extract against 13 microorganisms. The components in the aqueous extract from immature red pine cone were identified by GC-MS. About 1.4% of total polyphenolic compound was measured in aqueous extract collected from immature red pine cone. Also, the high concentration of
polyphenolic compound;anti-bacterial effect;paper disc method;Pseudomonas aeruginosa;Pinus densiflora
- H. J. Dorman and S. G. Deans, Antimicrobial Agents from Plants: Antibacterial Activity of Plant Volatile Oils, J. of Applied Microbiology, 88, 308 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2672.2000.00969.x
- N. Ohtake, "Natural Product Chemistry", Dong Hwa Technology Publishing Co., Seoul, 1976.
- Weisberger, "Technique of Organic Chemistry, 3rd ed.", Interscience Publishers, New York, 1951.
- F. Bakkali, S. Averbeck, D. Averbeck, and M. Idaomar, Biological Effects of Essential Oils-a Review, Food and Chemical Toxicology, 46, 446 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2007.09.106
- F. Menichini, F. Conforti, C. Formisano, F. Piozzi, and F. Senatore, Phytochemical Composition, Anti-inflammatory and Antitumor Activities of Four Teucrium Essential Oils, Food Chemistry, 115, 679(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.12.067
- R. Mumm, T. Tiemann, S. Schulz, and M. Hilker, Analysis of Volatiles from Black Pine (Pinus Nigra): Sigificance of Wounding and Egg Deposition by a Herbivous Sawfly, Phytochemistry, 65, 3221(2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phytochem.2004.10.010
- H. M. Ashour, Antibacterial, Antifungal, and Anticancer Activities of Volatile Oils and Extracts from Stems, Leaves, and Flowers of Eucalyptus Sideroxylon and Eucalyptus Torquata, Cancer Biology and Theraphy, 7(3), 399(2008). https://doi.org/10.4161/cbt.7.3.5367
- G. Mena-Rejion, E. Caamal-Fuentes, Z. Cantillo-Ciau, R. Cedillo-Rivera, J. Flores-Guido, and R. Moo-Puc, In Vitro Cytotoxic Activity of Nine Plants Used in Mayan Tradional Medicine, J. of Ethnopharmacology, 121, 462(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2008.11.012
- T. Mosmann, Rapid Colorimetric Assay for Cellular Growth and Survial: Application to Prolieferation and Cytotoxicity Assays, J. of Immunological Methods, 65, 55(1983). https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1759(83)90303-4
- C. F. Carson and T. V. Riley, Antimicrobial Activity of the Major Components of The Essential Oil of Melaleuca alternifolia, J. of Applied Microbiology, 78, 264(1995).
- K. A. Hammer, C. F. Carson, and T. V. Riley, Antimicrobial Activity of Essential Oil and Other Plants Extracts, J. of Applied Microbiology, 86, 985(1999). https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00780.x
- E. J. Hong, K. J. Na, I. G. Choi, K. C. Choi, and E. B. Jeung, Antibacterial and Antifungal Effects of Essential Oils from Coniferous Trees, Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 27(6), 863(2004). https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.27.863
- J. S. Lee and E. J. Go, A Study on Natural Dye Having the Effects on the Atopic Dermatitis(Part I)-Bamboo Extract-, Textile Coloration and Finishing(J. of Korea Soc. Dyers and Finishers), 24(1), 189(2012). https://doi.org/10.5764/TCF.2012.24.3.189
- C. M. Mann and J. I. Markham, A New Method for Determining the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration of Essential Oils, J. of Applied Microbilogy, 84, 538(1998). https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2672.1998.00379.x
- J. S. Lee and G. E. Jeong, A Study on Natural Dye Having the Effects on the Atopic Dermatitis (Part II) -Pine Needles Extract-, Textile Coloration and Finishing(J. of Korea Soc. Dyers and Finishers), 24(1), 196(2012). https://doi.org/10.5764/TCF.2012.24.3.196
- D. Kalemba and A. Kunicha, Antimicrobial and Antifungal Properties of Essential Oils, Current Medicinal Chemistry, 10, 813(2003). https://doi.org/10.2174/0929867033457719
- R. J. W. Lambert, P. N. Skandamis, P. J. Coote, and G. J. E. Nychas, A Study of The Minimum Inhibitory Concentration and Mode of Action of Organo Essential Oil, Thymol and Carvacrol, J. of Applied Microbilogy, 91, 453(2001). https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2672.2001.01428.x
- P. K. Koukos, K. I. Papadopoulous, D. T. Patiaka, and A. D. Papagiannopoulos, Chemical Composition of Essential Oils from Needles and Twigs of Balkan Pine(Pinus peuce Grisebach) Grown in Northern Greece, J. of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 48, 1266(2000). https://doi.org/10.1021/jf991012a
- M. Y. Choi, E. Y. Choi, E. Lee, T. J. Rhim, B. C. Cha, and H. J. Park, Antimicrobial Activites of Pine Needle(Pinus densiflora Sieb et Zucc) Extract, Korean J. of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 25, 293(1997).
- C. H. Park, Antibacterial Activity of Ethanol Extract of Pine Needle against Pathogenic Bacteria, Korean J. of Food Preservation, 5, 380(1998).
- K. C. Sung and K. J. Kim, Tyrosinase Activited Inhibition Effect and Analysis of Pine-Needle Extract, J. of the Korean Oil Chemists, 22, 71(2005).
- J. H. Yoo, J. Y. Cha, Y. K. Jeong, K. T. Chung, and Y. S. Cho, Antioxidative Effect of Pine (Pinus denstifora) Needle Extracts, J. of Life Science, 14, 863(2004). https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2004.14.5.863
- S. K. Kang, S. H. Kang, O. J. Choi, Y. W. Kim, and Y. D. Kim, Volatile Flavor Compounds of Pinus densiflorasied and Zucc According to Extracting Solvents and Steam Distillation Method, J. of the Korean Society of Dietary Culture, 11, 403(1996).
- T. Swain, E. Hillis, and M. Oritega, Phenollic Constituents of Ptunus domestica I, Quantitative Analysis of Phenolic Constituents, J. of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 10, 83(1959).
- G. N. Rolinson and E. J. Russell, New Method for Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing, Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 2(2), 51(1972). https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.2.2.51
- H. J. Lee, B. C. Chen, H. T. Choi, S. H. Kim, Y. A. Ham, D. S. Lee, and S. S. Ham, Quality Characteristics of the Vaporized Liquid of Water-boiled Pine Needle, Korean J. of Food Preservation, 12, 107(2005).
- Y. H. Kang, Y. K. Park, S. R. Oh, and K. D. Moon, Studies on the Physiological Functionality of Pine Needle and Mugwort Extracts, Korean J. of Food Science and Technology, 27, 978(1995).
- E. Zavarian, Monoterpenoid Differentiation in Relation to the Morphology of Pinus Discolor and Pinus Johannis, Phytochemistry, 10, 3107(1986).
- M. Zafra, Seasonal Variations in the Composition of Pinus Halepensis and Pinus Sylvestris Twigs and Needle Essential Oil, The J. of Agricultural Science, 1, 1(1976).
- K. S. Choi, H. K. Park, J. H. Kim, Y. T. Kim, and I. B. Kwon, Flavor Components of the Needle Oils Pinus rigida Mill and Pinus densiflora Sieb and Zucc, Korean J. of Food Science and Technology, 20(6), 769(1988).
- O. Y. Sang, S. J. Yoo, and J. S. Oh, A Study on the Pharmacological and Nutritional Values of Needles of Pinus densiflora Sieb and Zucc, Reasearch Bulletin of the Experiment Forests, 5, 63(1997).
- H. Sakagami, M. Yoshihara, M. Fujimaki, C. Wada, N. Komatsu, H. Nakashima, T. Murakami, and N. Yamamoto, Effect of Pine Seed Shell Extract on Microbial and Viral Infection, In Vivo, 6(1), 13(1992).
- A. Furiga, A. Lonvaud-Funel, G. Dorignac, and C. Badet, In Vitro Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Adherence Effects of Natural Polyphenolic Compounds on Oral Bacteria, J. of Applied Microbiology, 105(5), 1470 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2672.2008.03882.x
- Dyeing of Cotton Fabrics Using Zizania latifolia Turcz. Extracts vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5764/TCF.2015.27.1.96
- Antifungal activity of pinosylvin from Pinus densiflora on turfgrass fungal diseases vol.60, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2017.034
- Biological properties of butanol extracts from green pine cone of Pinus densiflora vol.27, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-018-0382-5
Supported by : 부산대학교