- Volume 14 Issue 1
The design of foot-bridge is often influenced by natural frequency. Consequently, vibration frequency becomes important. The empirical expressions used to quantify this parameter at the design phase have not been developed enough to give guideline to Korean foot-bridge. This paper is concerned with the vertical natural frequency of steel foot-bridges. It describes the vibration measurement methods employed for testing structures and presents reliable methods of assessing natural frequency from jumping vibration tests. Data from measurements on 16 structures in Seoul are given. Regression formulas of natural frequency for steel-framed foot-bridges are suggested. Finally, obtained formula are compared with empirical expressions of Seoul City's guideline.
- Park, S. W., Lee, J. N.(2004), 'The Design Concept and World-wide Trends for the Structural Design of Footbridge', Journal of the Korean Association for Spatial Structures, Vol. 4, No. 2, 107-115
- Hong, H. J.(2010), 'A Study on Vibration Analysis Method for Human Vibration Effect Assessment in Footbridges', Ph.D. dissertation, Chonnam National University
- Bachmann, H., Pretlove, A. J., and Rainer, H. (1995), 'Vibration problems in structures: practical guidelines', Birkhauser Verlag Publications, Basel.
- Seoul(2001), 'Facility Design, Construction, and Maintenance Manuals'
- Kim, M. A.(2006), 'Study on Dynamic Behaviors of Footbridges under Human Body Model-Induced Excitation', M.S dissertation, Yonsei University
- Andriacchi, T. P., Ogle, J. A., Galante, J. O. (1977), 'Walking speed as a basis for normal and abnormal gait measurements', Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 10, 261-268 https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(77)90049-5
- Korea Consumer(1990), 'Safety Survey Report of footbridge'
- Cho, D. H.(2010), 'Vibration Assessment of Footbridge using Tuned Mass Damper', M.S dissertation, Yonsei University
- Sung, J. S., Lee, Y. H., Song, G. N., Park, J. G.(2007), 'The Standard Investigation of Vibration Serviceability for Footbridge and The Application of Tuned Mass Damper -Hwasung Dongtan Footbridge', Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction(KSSC), Vol. 19, No. 1, 79-88
- Yoo, M. S., Yoon, T. Y., Kurabayshi, H. (2003), 'Effective Vibration Control of Pedestrian Bridge Using Tuned Mass Damper', Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction(KSSC), Vol. 15, No. 3, 24-31
- Sung-Won Yoon, Ki-Young Do, Jae-Ho Ryu, and Young-Kyu Ju.(2013), 'Vibration Measurement of Steel Foot-Bridge using Mobile Phone', 2013 the 2nd ICMEMSCE
- Analysis of Damping Ratio of Foot-bridges vol.14, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2014.14.4.039
- Train Vibration Serviceability Evaluation Near Railroad Areas Using Mobile-phone Application vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2016.16.4.109
- The Analysis in Measurement Performance MEMS Sensor Through the Low-Noise Vibration Measurement APP vol.17, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2017.17.1.093
- The Evaluation of Effectiveness on Horizontal Transient Vibration Measurement of Low-Rise Building Using Wireless MEMS Sensor vol.17, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2017.17.3.057
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교