- Volume 39 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Test of Portable Hand-Held HPGe Detector Prototype for Safeguard Inspection
안전조치 사찰을 위한 휴대형 HPGe 검출기 시제품 성능평가 실험
- Kwak, Sung-Woo (Korea Institute of Nuclear Nonproliferation and Control) ;
- Ahn, Gil Hoon (Korea Institute of Nuclear Nonproliferation and Control) ;
- Park, Iljin (Korea Institute of Nuclear Nonproliferation and Control) ;
- Ham, Young Soo (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory) ;
- Dreyer, Jonathan (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
- Received : 2013.12.20
- Accepted : 2014.01.20
- Published : 2014.03.31
IAEA has employed various types of radiation detectors - HPGe, NaI, CZT - for accountancy of nuclear material. Among them, HPGe has been mainly used in verification activities required for high accuracy. Due to its essential cooling component(a liquid-nitrogen cooling or a mechanical cooling system), it is large and heavy and needs long cooling time before use. New hand-held portable HPGe has been developed to address such problems. This paper deals with results of performance evaluation test of the new hand-held portable HPGe prototype which was used during IAEA's inspection activities. Radioactive spectra obtained with the new portable HPGe showed different characteristics depending on types and enrichments of nuclear materials inspected. Also, Gamma-rays from daughter radioisotopes in the decay series of
Supported by : 한국방사선안전재단
- 최관규, 김재광, 김정수, 김종숙, 서형민, 이나영, 이혜영, 임동혁, 장성순, 정진호, 조성연, 태재웅, 형상철. 원자력통제:안전조치.수출입통제.물리적방호. 한국원자력통제기술원. 2013:103.
- J. Dreyer, M. Burks, Spectroscopic portable germanium (SPG) user guide. LLNL-TM-639382. LLNL. 2013:3-5.
- 최관규, 김재광, 김정수, 김종숙, 서형민, 이나영, 이혜영, 임동혁, 장성순, 정진호, 조성연, 태재웅, 형상철, 원자력통제:안전조치.수출입통제.물리적방호 별책부록. 한국원자력통제기술원. 2013:132-139.
- Safeguards Manual : Accountancy Verification Methods and C/S Measures. SMI 4.5 Annex 3. IAEA. 2003.
- Delynn Clark, U235:A gamma ray analysis code for uranium isotope determination. UCRL-ID-125727. LLNL. 1996:3-7.
- ORTEC, MGA++ V1.06 Safeguards Software (http://www.ortec-online.com).