- Volume 39 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Reference Korean Organ and Effective Dose Calculation Online System
웹 기반 표준한국인 장기 흡수선량 및 유효선량 평가 시스템 개발
- Park, Sooyeun (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Yeom, Yeon Soo (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Jae Hyeon (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Hyun Su (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Han, Min Cheol (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Jeong, Jong Hwi (National Cancer Center) ;
- Kim, Chan Hyeong (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University)
- 박수연 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 염연수 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 김재현 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 이현수 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 한민철 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 정종휘 (국립암센터) ;
- 김찬형 (한양대학교 원자력공학과)
- Received : 2013.12.11
- Accepted : 2014.01.03
- Published : 2014.03.31
Recently High-Definition Reference Korean-Man (HDRK-Man) and High-Definition Reference Korean-Woman (HDRK-Woman) were constructed in Korea. The HDRK phantoms were designed to represent respectively reference Korean male and female to calculate effective doses for Korean by performing Monte Carlo dose calculation. However, the Monte Carlo dose calculation requires detailed knowledge on computational human phantoms and Monte Carlo simulation technique which regular researchers in radiation protection dosimetry and practicing health physicists do not have. Recently the UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco) research group has developed, and opened to public, an online Monte Carlo dose calculation system called CALDOSE_X(www.caldose.org). By using the CALDOSE_X, one can easily perform Monte Carlo dose calculations. However, the CALDOSE_X used caucasian phantoms to calculate organ doses or effective doses which are limited for Korean. The present study developed an online reference Korean dose calculation system which can be used to calculate effective doses for Korean.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 함보경, 조건우, 염연수, 정종휘, 김찬형, 한민철. 한국인 기준여성 체적소형 모의체 개발. 방사선방어학회. 2012;37:41-49.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103. Oxford; ELSEVIER Press. 2008.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Adult Reference Computational Phantoms. ICRP Publication 110. Oxford; ELSEVIER Press. 2009.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Conversion Coefficients for Radiological Protection Quantities for External Radiation Exposures. ICRP Publication 116. Oxford; ELSEVIER Press. 2010.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Basic Anatomical and Physiological Data for Use in Radiological Protection: Reference Values. ICRP Publication 89. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 2002.
- Kim CH, Choi SH, Jeong JH, Lee C, Chung MS. HDRK-Man: a whole-body voxel model based on high-resolution color slice images of a Korean adult male cadaver. Phys. Med. Biol. 2008;53:4093-4106. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/53/15/006
- Park S, Lee J, Kim JI, Lee YJ, Lim YK, Kim CS, Lee C. In vivo organ mass of Korean adults obtained from whole-body magnetic resonance data. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2005;118:275-279. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nci340
- Schumann J, Paganetti H, Shin J, Faddegon B, Perl J. Efficient voxel navigation for proton therapy dose calculation in TOPAS and Geant4. Phys. Med. Biol. 2012;57:3281-3293. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/57/11/3281
- Continuously Deforming 4D Voxel Phantom for Realistic Representation of Respiratory Motion in Monte Carlo Dose Calculation vol.63, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2016.2601080
- Implications of using a 50-μm-thick skin target layer in skin dose coefficient calculation for photons, protons, and helium ions 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.net.2017.06.002
- Incorporation of detailed eye model into polygon-mesh versions of ICRP-110 reference phantoms vol.60, pp.22, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/60/22/8695
- Development of skeletal system for mesh-type ICRP reference adult phantoms vol.61, pp.19, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/61/19/7054
- Construction of new skin models and calculation of skin dose coefficients for electron exposures vol.69, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.69.512
- New small-intestine modeling method for surface-based computational human phantoms vol.36, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1088/0952-4746/36/2/230