- Volume 2 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Properties of Strength Development of High Volume Fly Ash Concrete with Reduction of Unit Water Content
단위수량 저감에 따른 하이볼륨 플라이애시 콘크리트의 강도 발현 특성
- Received : 2014.02.28
- Accepted : 2014.03.25
- Published : 2014.03.30
In this study, strength development properties of high volume fly ash concrete was evaluated through compressive strength of concrete with reduction of unit water content. And concrete specimens were prepared according to target strength 3 level and variation of unit water content. As a result, the improved fluidity were obtained as a result of the ball bearing action of the spherical, the electrostatic repulsion and the particle size distribution of fly ash particles in case of using more than 50% fly ash. Through this, the mixture of fly ash has been shown to reduce the amount of water required in concrete. Also, the early strength of high volume fly ash concrete with reduction of unit water content was improved more about 66% than general concrete mixture.
High Volume Fly Ash;Early Strength;Unit Water Content;Strength Development
- BS EN 1992-1-1, Eurocode 2, The British Standards Institution, 2004.
- Choi, Y.W., Chu, S.B., Park ,M.S., Kim, J.H., Kim, T.H., and Kim, K.H. (2012). "The Effect of HVFA on the Reduction of Unit Water of Concrete," Proceedings of Korean Recycled Construction Resource Institute, 176-179.
- Choi, Y.W., Park, M.S., Jeong, J.G., Choi, B.G., and Kim, K.H. (2013). "A Study on Estimation Model of Strength Development of Concrete using Fly Ash and Ground Granulated Blast-Furnace Slag," Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 17(5), 87-93. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2013.17.5.087
- IPCC (2007). "Climate Change 2007-Synthesis Report".
- Kim, S.S., Choi, S.J., and Jeong, Y. (2009)."An Experimental Study on the Strength Development Properties of HVFA Concrete by Fly-ash Replacement Ratio," Proceeding of Korea Concrete Institute, 279-280.
- Korea conformity laboratories (2011)."Development & Commercialization of Green Construction Materials utilizing High Volume Coal combustion Products,"Korea conformity laboratories.
- Korea Meteorological Administration (2012). "The prospect report on climate change of the Korean Peninsula".
- Korean Concrete Institute (2011). "Korea Structural Concrete Design Code".
- Lee, S.H., Kim, H.J., Etsuo S., and Masaki D. (2003). "Effect of Particle Size Distribution of Fly ash-Cement System on the Fluidity of Cement Pastes," Cement and Concrete Research 33, 763-768. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(02)01054-2
- Ministry of Environment (2014). "The road map for reduction of Greenhouse gases".
- P.Kumar Mehta. (2004). "High-Performance, High-Volume Fly Ash Concrete for Sustainable Development," International Workshop on Sustainable Development and Concrete Technology.
- Park, C.K., Lee, S.H., Kim, H.J., Kim, S.J., and Lee, T.W. (2008)."The Characteristics of Strength of Development and Hydration Heat on High Volume Fly-Ash Concrete," Proceeding of Korea Concrete Institute, 417-420.
- Ryu, G.S. (2012). "A Characteristics Study of Fly Ash-based Cement Zero Concrete".
- A Study on the Evaluation of Field Application of High-Fluidity Concrete Containing High Volume Fly Ash vol.2015, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/507018
- The Experimental Study on the Fluidity Properties of Mortar Using Basalt Fiber and High Volume Fly Ash vol.2, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2014.2.4.345
- Quality control for coal combustion products in South Korea through assessed pozzolanic-activity index with long-term property tests vol.19, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-016-0465-4
- An Evaluation of Applicable Feature of Structural Member Using High Volume Fly-Ash Concrete vol.3, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2015.3.2.109
- An Experimental Study on Fundamental Quality Properties of Basalt Fiber Reinforced Mortar according to Application of High Volume Fly Ash vol.28, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2016.28.4.387
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)