- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Case Series of Panic Disorder Patients Treated by Oriental Medical Treatments and EFT
공황장애 환자에게 EFT요법과 한방치료를 병행하여 치료한 치험 3례
- Lee, Sang-Won (Department of Korean Neuropsychiatry, Dong-Seo Korean Medical Center) ;
- Lee, Yu-Jin (Department of Korean Neuropsychiatry, Dong-Seo Korean Medical Center) ;
- Yoo, Song-Wun (Department of Korean Neuropsychiatry, Dong-Seo Korean Medical Center) ;
- Lee, Ru-Da (Department of Korean Neuropsychiatry, Dong-Seo Korean Medical Center) ;
- Park, Se-Jin (Department of Korean Neuropsychiatry, Dong-Seo Korean Medical Center)
- 이상원 (동서한방병원 한방신경정신과) ;
- 이유진 (동서한방병원 한방신경정신과) ;
- 유성운 (동서한방병원 한방신경정신과) ;
- 이루다 (동서한방병원 한방신경정신과) ;
- 박세진 (동서한방병원 한방신경정신과)
- Received : 2014.02.21
- Accepted : 2014.03.05
- Published : 2014.03.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of EFT on panic disorder patients. Methods: The three patients with panic disorders were treated with oriental medical treatments which involved acupunctures, herb-medications, moxibustion and emotional freedom techniques. The patients have been predicted with panic disorder twice through diagnosis and statistical manual (DSM-IV), Panic Disorder Severity Scale (PDSS), Visual Analogue Scale (VAS), Beck's Depression Inventory (BDI), Beck's Anxiety Inventory (BAI) upon their admission and discharge. Results: After the treatments, both the physical and psychological symptoms have decreased. Conclusions: This study suggested that the EFT is an effective way for treating patients who are suffering panic disorders.
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition. Seoul: Hana medical publishing.1995;514-26.
- Kessler RC, Chiu WT, Jin R, Ruscio AM, Shear K, Walters EE. The Epidemiology of Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder, and Agoraphobia in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2006;63:415-24. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.63.4.415
- Son MH, Byun KR, Choi BH, Woo JM. Assessment of Health-Related Quality of Life among Patients with Panic Disorder Using EuroQol in Korea. Journal of Anxiety and Mood. 2012;8(1):9-15.
- Pollack MH, Otto MW, Tesar GE, Cohen LS, Melzter BS, Rosenbaum JF. Long-term outcome after acute treatment with alprazolam and clonazepam for panic disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1993;13:257-63.
- Kim SJ, Ryu CH, Cho AR, Seo JH, Kim JN, Sung WY, Park JH. A Case Report of a Somatization Disorder Patient with Histrionic Personality Disorder. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2012;23(2):85-98. https://doi.org/10.7231/JON.2012.23.2.085
- Lee JW, Cha HJ, Seo YM, Seo DW, Park SJ. A Case Report of a Schizophreniform Disorder Treated by Oriental Medical Treatment and Emotional Freedom Techniques. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2009;20(2):207-16.
- Lee JH, Suh HU, Chung SY, Kim JW. A preliminary study for the evaluation of the effects of EFT-I (EFT program for insomnia) for insomnia in the elderly. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2011;22(4):101-9.
- Craig G. Emotional Freedom Techniques: The manual. California: The Sea Ranch. 1999:3-19.
- Kim JB. Development of the Korean Version of the Panic Disorder Severity Scale. Korean Journal of Psychopathology. 2001;10(2):140-6.
- Lee YH, Song JY. A Study of the Reliability and the Validity of the BDI, SDS, and MMPI-D Scales. Korean Journal of Psychology. 1991;10(1):98-113.
- Yook SP, Kim ZS. A clinical study on the Korean version of Beck Anxiety Inventory: comparative study of patient and non-patient. Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology. 1997;16(1):185-97.
- Lee JH. Essential Formulae in Oriental Medicine with Illustrations (Revised Edition). Wonju. Uibang Publishing Company. 2007:327-9, 481-9, 727-32.
- The Text Book Compilation Committee of Neuropsychiatry of Oriental Medical School in Nation, The Neuropsychiatry of Oriental Medicine. Seoul. Jipmoon-Dang. 2007:236-42, 501-3.
- Jung IC, Lee SY. The Clinical Analysis on 19 Cases of Anxiety Disorder. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry 1998; 9(2):161-9
- Suh HU, Hwang EY, Jung SY, Kim JW. A Case of a Panic Disorder (with Agoraphobia) Patient Improved by Herbal Extracts - Gyejigayonggolmoryo-tang (Guizhijialonggumuli- tang) and Jakyakgamcho-tang (Shaoyaogancaotang)-. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2010;21(4): 207-18
- Kang YB, Moon SY, Lee SG. The Case Study on a Panic Disorder Patient Treated by Art-Therapy and Oriental Medical Therapy. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2008;19(2):313-20.
- Seok SH, Yoo JH, Kim GW, Koo BS. A Case of Panic Disorder Complained Enervation and Unstable Blood Pressure Improved by Herbal Medicine and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2007;18(3);193-207.
- Suh JW, Kim JW, Chung SY, Park SJ. A Clinical Report about Panic Disorder Patient improved by Stress Reduction Program. Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2007;13(3);157-64.
- Lee JW, Kim GC. The Basic Study on the Origin of Recently Emerging Meridian-based Psychotherapy. Korea Journal of Oriental Medicine. 2012;18(2):123-30
- Huh J. Donguibogam. Seoul. Bubin Publishers Co. 2009:576,1085,1187
- Choi HD, Cheon EJ, Lee JY, Song SH, Jeong SH, Koo BH. Factors of Personality and Defense Mechanism Affecting Symptoms in Patients with Panic Disorder. Psychoanalysis. 2012;23:115-23.
- Park HS, Lee CI, Kim YC, Kim JW. A Survey on the Cognitive Characteristics of Panic disorder. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology. 1997;16(2):1-13.
- Clinical Case Report of a Patient with a Psychosomatic Disorder Complaining of Hyperventilation vol.37, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.22246/jikm.2016.37.5.876
- A Review Study on the Treatment of Panic Disorder in Traditional Chinese Medicine vol.26, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7231/jon.2015.26.2.161
- A Characteristic Study of Panic Disorder Patients Based on The Core Emotional Assessmental Questionnaire (CEAQ) vol.26, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7231/jon.2015.26.3.235
- Traditional Korean Medicine Treatment of a Traumatic Brain Injury Patient with Aggressive Behavior vol.37, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.22246/jikm.2016.37.5.831