- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Statistical Hierarchical Analysis of Children Emotional Intelligence's Effects on Mural Preference, Emotion Cultivation, and Community Connection
- Lee, Kang Il (Department of Arts Culture, Sehan University) ;
- Ko, Young Chun (Graduate School of Education, Sehan University)
- Received : 2014.03.04
- Accepted : 2014.03.25
- Published : 2014.03.30
To explore effects on each the emotional awareness, emotional expression, emotional empathy, and emotional regulation, of the sub-factors of the child's emotional intelligence, to mural preference, emotion cultivation, and community connection, the hierarchical multiple regression analyses are performed(as in Table 1, 2, and 3). As the results, we found the following facts. Children's mural preference, emotion cultivation, and community connection were expressed by the following equations in order, respectively. Mural Preference =
- N. A. Aminabadi, Z. E. Adhami, S. G. Oskouei, E. Najapour, and Z. Jamali, "Emotional intelligence subscales: Are they correlated with child anxiety and behavior in the dental setting?", J. Clin. Pedia. Dentistry, Vol. 38, pp. 61-66, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17796/jcpd.38.1.k754h164m3210764
- A. Mouton, M. Hansenne, R. Delcour, and M. Cloes, "Emotional intelligence and self-efficacy among physical education teachers", J. Tea. Phys. Edu., Vol. 32, pp. 342-354, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1123/jtpe.32.4.342
- L. Karimi, S. G. Leggat, L. Donohue, G. Farrell, and G. E. Couper, "Emotional rescue: The role of emotional intelligence and emotional labour on wellbeing and job-stress among community nurses", J. Adv. Nursing, Vol. 70(1), pp. 176-186, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12185
- H.-W. Lee and S.-J. Lim, "The effects of early childhood teacher's motivational self concept and emotional intelligence on organizational commmitment", Theo. Prac. Edu., Vol. 16, pp. 111-131, 2011.
- J. D. Mayer and P. Salovey, "What is emotional intelligence? In P. Salovey and D. S. Luyter(eds.), Emotional development and emotional intelligence: Implications for educators", New York: Basic Books, pp. 3-31, 1997.
- M. Y. You and H. Y. Hong, "The relationship between perceived parental attitudes toward childrearing and academic achievement: The mediating effects of emotional intelligence and academic selfefficacy", Korean J. Edu. Psycho., Vol. 24, pp. 915-937, 2010.
- C.-S. Kim and T.-Y. Yoo, "The conceptual distinction among emotional intelligence(EI), cognitive ability, and personality and the examination of the incremental validity of EI on task performance, contextual performance, and adaptive performance", Korean J. Indu. Org. Psycho., Vol. 18, pp. 271-298, 2005.
- J.-M. Lee, M. Kim, and J.-H. Kim, "The moderating effect of metaconition and meta-mood on the relationship between negative emotion and internet addiction in adolescents", Korean J. Health Psycho., Vol. 17, pp. 229-242, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2012.17.1.013
- J. H. Flavell, "Metacognition and cognitive monitoring: A new area of cognitive developmental inquiry", Am. Psycho., Vol. 34, pp. 906-911, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.34.10.906
- J. D. Mayer and Y. N. Gaschke, "The experience and meta-experience of mood", J. Person. Soc. Psycho., Vol. 55, pp. 102-111, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.11
- J. D. Mayer and P. Salovey, "Emotion intelligence", Imag. Cogn. Person., Vol. 9, pp. 185-221, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2190/DUGG-P24E-52WK-6CDG
- Y. Go, "The effects of natural materials use on cultivation of emotion in elementary 4th graders' oriental ink painting class", Ewha Womans University, Master's thesis in edu., 2010.
- Y. Moon and Y. Kwak, "The study on relation of emotional intelligence and performance in the organization", Korean J. Human Devel., Vol. 12, 19-31, 2005.
- K. I. Lee and Y. C. Ko, "Study of relations between the interest level of the school mural and the emotional intelligence", Art Edu. Res. Rev., Vol. 25, 27-46, 2011.