- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
알루미늄 냉각 판을 이용한 하이브리드/전기차용 배터리 냉각시스템의 수치적 연구
Thermal Analysis of a Battery Cooling System with Aluminum Cooling Plates for Hybrid Electric Vehicles and Electric Vehicles
- 투고 : 2013.10.31
- 심사 : 2014.02.03
- 발행 : 2014.04.01
The battery cells in lithium-ion battery pack assembled with high-capacity and high-power pouch cells, are commonly cooled with thin aluminum cooling plates in contact with the cells. For HEV/EV lithium-ion battery systems assembled with high-capacity, high-power pouch cells, the cells are commonly cooled with thin aluminum cooling plates in contact with the cells. Thin aluminum cooling plates are cooled by cold plate with coolant flow paths. In this study, the effect of the battery cooling system design including aluminum cooling plate thickness and various position of cold plate on the cooling performance are investigated by using finite element methods (FEM). Optimal cooling plate and cold plate design are proposed for improving the uniformity in temperature distributions as well as lowering average temperature for the cells with large capacities based on the simulation results.
하이브리드자동차;전기자동차;냉각시스템;모델링;냉각판;알루미늄 냉각 플레이트;리튬이온배터리
- J. H. Lee, "Desing of Charge and Discharge Monitoring System for Secondary Batteries of Hybride Vehicle," J. Korea Soc. Computer and Information, Vol.15, No.8, pp.157-161, 2010.
- S. G. Stewart, "Modeling the Performance of Lithium-Ion Batteries and Capacitors during Hybrid-electric-vehicle operation," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol.155, Issue 9, pp.A664-A671, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2953524
- R. Spotnitz, "Abuse Behavior of High-power, Lithiumion Cells," Journal of Power Sources, Vol.113, Issue 1, pp.81-100, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(02)00488-3
- H. Maleki, "Thermal Analysis and Modeling of a Notebook Computer Battery," Journal of Power Sources, Vol.115, Issue 1, pp.131-136, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(02)00722-X
- R. Kizilel, "An Alternative Cooling System to Enhance the Safety of Li-ion Battery Packs," Journal of Power Sources, Vol.194, Issue 2, pp.1105-1112, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2009.06.074
- K. Yeow and H. Teng, "Reducing Temperature Gradients in High Power, Large Capacity Lithium Ion Cells through Ultra High Thermal Conductivity Heat Spreaders Embedded in Cooling Plates for Battery Systems with Indirect Liquid Cooling," SAE 2013-01-0234, 2013.