- Volume 49 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
VOCs Reduction of Visible-light Responsive Photocatalyst coated nylon/polyester composite fiber for Vehicle Interior Parts and Materials
가시광 감응형 광촉매가 코팅처리된 자동차내장재용 Nylon/Polyester 복합섬유의 VOCs 저감
- Choi, Sei-Young (Department of Applied chemistry, Cheongju University)
- 최세영 (청주대학교 응용화학과)
- Received : 2014.02.10
- Accepted : 2014.02.25
- Published : 2014.03.31
In this study, characteristics of visible-light responsive photocatalyst Weltouch, especially VOCs reduction of visible-light responsive photocatalyst coated nylon/polyester composite fiber for vehicle interior parts and materials were evaluated. Visible-light responsive photocatalyst Weltouch was observed for both anatase phase and rutile phase. It is activated by light longer than 420nm. VOCs and formaldehyde generated from visible-light responsive photocatalyst treated nylon/polyester composite fiber were reduced confirmly. Visible-light responsive photocatalyst was firmly attached to the surface of nylon/polyester composite fiber without elimination even after 25 times repeated washing. And washing durability of nylon/polyester composite fiber confirmed the excellence that reduction effects of VOCs after repeated washing has appeared as much as before washing.
- E. H. Lee, Y. S. Kim, S. H. Chung and G. H. Jang, " Emission characteristics of VOCs and HCHO form test bags for vehicle interiors after pre-heat treatment.", Korean J. Odor Res. Eng., 8, 40(2009).
- H. J. Kim, B. H. Lee, D. H. Cho, S. E. Yoo, J. H. Yun, "Development of bio-composites for reducing VOCs as automotive interiors", 33, 26(2011).
- S. M. Kim, W. G. Kang, S. J. Lee, "Reduction technology of VOC(volatile organic compounds) for interior component of vehicle", KSAE 부문종합 학술대회 논문집, 1385(2012)
- 박윤철, "자동차 내장재에 적용 가능한 광촉매 코팅", 섬유기술과 산업, 13, 180(2009)
- A. Fujishima, K. Honda, "Electro-chemical photolysis of water at a semiconductor electrode, Nature, 238, 37(1972). https://doi.org/10.1038/238037a0
- G. K. Boschloo, A. Goossens, J. Schoonman, J. Electrochemical. Chem., 428, 25 (1997).
W. Y. Choi, "Studies on
$TiO_2$photocatalytic reactions", Ind. Eng. Chem., 14, 1011(2003)
- Y. C. Park "Photocatalyst coating can be applied to the automobile interior", Textile Sci. Eng., 13, 180(2009)
- S. Martin, C. L. Morrison, M. R. Hoffmann, J. Phys. Chem., 98, 13695 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1021/j100102a041
- L. Palmisano, V. Augugliaro, A. Sclafani, M. Schiavello, J. Phys. Chem., 92, 6710 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1021/j100334a044
- J. Zhu, W. Zheng, B. He, J. Zhang, M. Anpo, J. Mol. catal. A, 216, 35 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcata.2004.01.008
- Y. B. Lee, J. H. Kwon, "The property of TiO2 powder made with a 1000rpm MA machine.", Trans. of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society, 22, 349, (2011).
- C. R. Yoon, Mohamad Qamar, H. J. Oh, J. S. Hwang, S. J. Kim, "A study the band gap energy measurement of liquid phase photocatalytic sols.", Proceeding of the KIEEME Annual Autumn Conference 2006, 23 (2006).
- EN ISO DIN EN 20105-C01, 1989.
- W. Y. Choi, "Studies on TiO2 photocatalytic reactions", J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 14, 1011(2003)
- S. Y. Choi, S. G. Yang, "A Study on the Reduction of VOCs Generated from Vehicle Interior Parts and Materials Using Visible-light Responsive Photocatalyst", Elastomers and Composites, 48, 209(2013). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2013.48.3.209
D. J. Kim, S. H. Hahn, S. H. Oh, E. J. Kim, "Influence of calcination temperature on structural and optical properties of
$TiO_2$thin films prepared by sol-gel dip coating", Materials Letters, 57, 355(2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(02)00790-5
S. M. Kim, T. K Yun, D. I. Hong, "Effect of Rutile Structure on
$TiO_2$Photocatalytic Activity", J. Korean Chem. Soc., 49, 6(2005).