- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluations on Deodorization Effect and Anti-oral Microbial Activity of Essential Oil from Pinus koraiensis
잣나무 정유의 소취효과 및 구강균에 대한 항균활성 평가
- Hwang, Hyun Jung ;
- Yu, Jung-Sik ;
- Lee, Ha Yeon ;
- Kwon, Dong-Joo ;
- Han, Woong ;
- Heo, Seong-Il ;
- Kim, Sun Young
- Received : 2013.10.16
- Accepted : 2013.12.09
- Published : 2014.02.28
Essential oils of various plants have been known for potential biological effects such as antibacterial, antifungal, spasmolytic, antiplasmodial activities and insect-repellent property. Recently, the essential oils have attracted considerable interest in oral disease therapy. This essential oil has been known as being effective on easing sick house syndrome, giving forest aroma therapy effect and acting as repellent against pest. The essential oil of Pinus koraiensi, a native plant from Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do, was obtained by hydrodistillation. In light of its medicinal importance, in this study its composition, antibacterial activity and the reducing effect of offensive odor have been analyzed. The composition of essential oil was determined by GC and GC-MS. We have identified 14 compounds, of which 1R-
Pinus koraiensis;Essential oil;Antibacteria;Deodorization effect
- ASTM D1988-06. 2011. Standard Test Method for Mercaptans in Natural Gas Using Length-of-Stain Deterctor Tubes, USA.
- Goldberg, S., A. Kozlovsky, D. Gordon, I. Gelemeter, A. Sintov and M. Rosenberg. 1994. Cadaverine as a putative component of oral malodor. J. Dent. Res. 73:1168-1172. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345940730060701
- Bae, B.H. and Y.O. Kim. 2003. Effect of leaf aqueous extracts from some gymnosperm plant on the seed germination, seedling growth and transplant of Hibiscus syriacus varieties. Korean J. Ecol. 26:37-47. https://doi.org/10.5141/JEFB.2003.26.1.039
- Choi, H.D., Y.J. Koh, I.W. Cho, Y.S. Kim and Y.K. Park. 2007. Anticariogenic activity and glucosyltransferase inhibitory effects of extracts from pine needle and twing. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 39:336-341.
- Choi, M.J., S.J. Hong, C.H. Choi and S.S. Jeong. 2005. Effects of dentifrice containing extract of Galla Rhois or Psoralea corylifolia on inhibition of plaque formation. J. Korean Acad. Dent. Health 29:141-151.
- Heo, J.S., S.M. Choi, Y.H. Choi and Y.G. Lee. 2013. Antimicrobial and anti-oral Malodor efficacy of Schizandra chinensis extracts against oral pathogens. J. Life Sci. 23:443-477. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2013.23.3.443
- Jengal, Y. and S.Y. Cho. 2001. Comparative research on the basic knowledge of oral health of parents of children living in rural and urban areas. J. Korean Soc. Hygienic Sci. 7:109-117.
- Jeong, J.E., B.S. Shim, D.S. Oh, E.J. Yang, A.J. Whi and B.S. Yoo. 2012. Minerals and volatile flavor components in water and essential oil from Chamaecyparis obtuse. Jour. Korean For. Soc. 5:746.
- Kang, S.K., M.K. Shin, Q.S. Auh, Y.H. Chun and P.J. Hong. 2007. Antibacterial effect on oral pathogenic bacteria of phytoncide from Chamaecyparis Obtusa. J. Korean Acad. Oral Med. 32:44-55.
- Kim, B.I., S.N. Kim, S.Y. Chang, J.T. Moon, Y.S. Kim, J.K. Hwang, J.K. Jeong, S.H. Kim, M.Y. Kim, H.S. Kim and H.K. Kwon. 2005. A highly selective antibacterial effect of Curcuma xanthorrhiza extract against oral pathogens and clinical effectiveness of a dentifrice contatining Curcuma xanthorrhiza extract for controlling bad breath. J. Korean Acad. Dent. Health 19:222-237.
- Kora, T and M. Inoue. 1979. Fractionation and properties of glucans produced by Streptococcus mutans. Infect. Immun. 25:912-929.
- Kim, J.E., W.Y. Kim, J.W. Kim, H.S. Park, S.H. Lee, S.Y. Lee, M.J. Kim, A.R. Kim and S.N. Park. 2010. Antibacterial, antioxidative activity and component analysis of Pinus koraiensis leaf extracts. J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea 36:303-314.
- Kim, S.H., K.S. Han and J.Y. Mang. 2009. Evaluations on the deodorization effect and antibacterial activity of Chmaecyparis obtuse essential oil. Korean J. Odor Res. Eng. 8:111-117.
- Kim, Y.H., N.K. Kim, C.W. Hong and C.S. Kim. 2001. Composition of essential oils from the leaves and th fruits of Chamaecyparis obtuse and Chamaecyparis pisifera. J. Korean Soc. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol. 44:116-121.
- Lee, J.M., S.E. Han, S.L. Lee, J.Y. Park and S.P. Lee. 2008. GC/MS Analysis of Volatile Constituents from Zizyphus jujuba var. inermis, Zanthoxylum piperitum, Gardenia jasminoides for. grandiflora, and Pinus koraiensis. J. Korean. Hort. Sci. Technol. 26:338-343.
- Lee, S.S., Y.J. Choe, D.H . Choe and I.P. Hong. 2003. Extractives of Pinus koraiensis wood. J. Korean Wood Sci. Technol. 31:48-49.
- Lee, Y.S., K.H. Kim and S.M. Kim. 2006. Introduction to Essential Oil Chemistry. Shinil Books Co., Seoul, Korea. pp. 1-43 (in Korean).
- Moon, B.H and K.S. Yoo. 2005. Characterization of volatile essential oil from needle leaves by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J. of the Korean Society for Environmental Analysis 8:181-185.
- Morita, M and H. Wang. 2001. Relationship between sulcular sulfide level and oral malodor in subjects with periodontal disease. J. Periodontol. 72:79-84. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2001.72.1.79
- Park, J.B., K.S. Auh, Y.H. Jeon, J.Y. Lee and J.P. Hong. 2007. The effect of the phytoncide in decreasing the mouse odor. J. Oral Maxilofac. Surg. 32:151-156.
- Piddock, L.J. 1990. Techniques used for the determination of antimicrobial resistance and sensitivity in bacteria. J. App. Bacteriol. 68:307-318. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2672.1990.tb02880.x
- Quirynen, M., H. Zhao and D. Steenberghe. 2002. Review of the treatment strategies for oral malodour. Clin. Oral Invest. 14:1-10.
- You, D.Y. 2010. A study of anti-oxidation effect and anti-bacterial activation of Pinus koraiensis extract. Master Thesis, Kyung Hee Univ. pp. 44-47 (in Korean).
- Lipolytic Effect of Supercritical Extraction from Pine Cone (Pinus koraiensis) in Mature 3T3-L1 Adipocytes vol.43, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.9.1342
- Manufacturing Functional Pulp Mold with Coniferous fallen leaves vol.48, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7584/ktappi.2016.48.1.043
- Whitening and anti-wrinkle effect ofPinus koraiensisleaves extracts according to the drying technique vol.60, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2017.013
- Removal of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) of Deodorant by Adding a Metal Oxide to the Essential Oils vol.22, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7464/ksct.2016.22.2.096
- Anti-Obesity Effect of Pine Cone (Pinus koraiensis) Supercritical Extract in High-Fat Diet-Induced Obese Mice vol.45, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.12.1701
- Synergistic Effects of Cinnamomum camphora Leaves Extract against Clinical Isolated Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus vol.28, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.1.009
Supported by : 홍천메디칼허브연구소