- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Study about the Differential compression based on the ROI(Region Of Interest)
ROI(Region Of Interest)기반의 차등적 이미지 압축에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.02.21
- Accepted : 2014.03.05
- Published : 2014.03.31
Recently, users can get countless images and videos by network. So, the compression technology of image and video is researched more and more. However, the situation which is the interested range of the image is occurred. For instance, since the region of face is more important than background, the image compression technology bases on the region of interest (ROI) is necessary, in the ATM environment. In this research, given the human visual system, which are not sensitive to illumination variations at very dark and light regions of image, we calculate the standard deviation of block and use this value to define the ROI. In encoding process, the relatively high quality can be obtained at the ROI and the relatively low quality can be obtained at the non ROI. In proposed scheme, the feature which is the encoding process according to subjectively image quality can be demonstrated. Finally, this proposed scheme is applied to JPEG standard. The experimental results demonstrate that proposed scheme can achieve better image quality at the high compression ratio.
ROI;Non ROI;JPEG;Image compression
- S. D. Jeon, "A Study on the Adaptive Image Enhancement in the DCT-based Compression Domain using Retinex Theory," Master's dissertation, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, 2008.
- J. H. Kang, Y. G. Seo, "Fast Dynamic ROI Coding using the Mask Patterns in JPEG2000," Journal of Information Processing Systems, vol. 18B, no. 6, pp.349-354, 2011.
- G. M. Kim, "A Study on the JPEG Compression using ROI Classification," Master's dissertation, Dongguk University, 2010.
- Huang, Songtao, Majid Ahmadi, and M. A. Sid-Ahmed. "An Edge Based Thresholding Method," Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2006.
- D. S. Seo, "Comparative Study of the Still Image Compress -ion Algorithm Using DCT and FFT," Master's dissertation, Gwangju University, 2005.
- H. Park, J. S. Yim, B. H. Kim, J. Y. Choi, and S. H. Hon, "A Study on the Huffman Coding Architecture for Image Compression and Decompression," National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Technical Report, 1993.
- Vincent, O. R., and O. Folorunso, "A descriptive algorithm for sobel image edge detection," Proceedings of Informing Science & IT Education Conference (InSITE), 2009.
- J. S. Hwang, "An Imaage Contrast Enhancement by using Modified Histogram Equalization Method," Master's dissertation, Hanyang University, 2009.
- J. H. Kang, Y. G. Seo, "A Study on the DCT Image Coding Considering Weber's law," The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, vol. 18, no. 5, pp.663-674, 1993.
- Enhancement Method of Depth Accuracy in DIBR-Based Multiview Image Generation vol.5, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3745/KTCCS.2016.5.9.237
Supported by : 한국콘텐츠진흥원