- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Crime Prevention Design in Urban Apartment Complex by Application of a CPTED -focused on the Medium sized City-
중소도시 아파트단지 방범계획의 CPTED 요소 적용에 관한 연구
- Bahn, Sang-Chul (Dept. of Architecture, Seowon University) ;
- Shin, Hee-Taek (Kunyang Engineering Consultants & Architects)
- Received : 2013.10.14
- Accepted : 2014.02.05
- Published : 2014.02.28
In Contemporary residential area, especially apartment commplex, crime affect the quality of life and sustainability of cities. So our interest is an all-time high in the role that planning processes and the design of the physical environment can play in reducing the opportunity for crime. The purpose of this study try to find the possibility of application of CPTED in Urban Apartment Complex. Recently, as increase of residencial density, diverse and new types of crime are increasing in urban apartment complex. It is the current of times which demand our serious consideration. This research focused on crime reduction through the physical environmental control methods. And the concepts and contents of CPTED are studied and the case studies of developed countries are surveyed. For groping in the practical application, researched into the case study of apartment blocks in medium sized city, Cheongju. Also Local crime prevention initiatives require partnership working, both between professionals and with local communities. The result of this study has implicated, increasing importance on daily safety issue in urban life and examining the possibility of applying crime prevention and reduction program and systems.
CPTED(Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design);Safe and Sustainable Housing;Application;Buildup of Community;Partnership working
- Kang Yonggil, "A Study on the introduction methods through the case study of CPTED", Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 2006, p23.
- Lee Eunhye,, "A Study of Application of Crime prevention methods through the Environmental design in Planed unit development", University of Korea, 2008, pp.7-8, (summing up)
- Pyo Changwon, "A Study on the responsibility of administration about crime prevention and CPTED theory", KAPA, pp.5-10
- Kang Yonggil, "A Study on the introduction methods through the case study of CPTED", Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 2006, p21.
- Hyun Sejunl, "A Study on a System through the Application of CPTED", Hanseo University, 2007, p.37.
- SEOUL Metropolitan Government, :Kang Yonggil, "A Study on Application methods of Crime Prevention through the Environmental Design", Seoul Metropolitan Government, 2008. p.44
- Min Suhong, "A Study on the efficient Crime Prevention through the Application of Environmental Design", Police Science Institut, 2003.
- Park Hyunhol, "A Study on the Strategies of CPTED in England", Rearch of Korea Police-II, 2004, p.17.
- NPA, "A Study on the Crime Prevention through Environmental Design, National Police Agency, 2005, p.29.
- Jung Jaehee, "A Study on the Environmental Design Approach Method for making Safety City againt Crimes., Gyungnam Development Institute, 2007. pp38-39.
- Lim Seungbin, Park Changsuk. "A Study on the Design Standard of Housing Complex for Crime Prevention -Focused on K-City", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 48, 1992.
- Choi Yunjung, Kang Inho, "A Study on the Space Structure and the Crime", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 58, 1993.
- Herbert Girardet "The GAIA Atlas of Cities", 2000
- Bahn Sangchul, "Cultural Community through making by Architecture and Environment", Migunssa, 2011
- Bahn Sangchul, "A Study on the Conditions and Strategies of Cultural City Design", The Thesis Collection of Ho-Suh Culture, No.22, Sep. 2008
- Bahn Sangchul, "The Conditions of Architectural and Urban Design for the Cultural Communities", Migunssa, 2012
- Bahn Sangchul et al., "The Traditionality and Locality of the Collective Habitat Model in Traditional Urban Area by the Architectural Competition", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 20 (Serial No. 184), Feb. 2004
- Bahn Sangchul, "A Study on Prospect-s the Growth of Regional Characteristics according to the Change of Urban Physical Elements", Journal of Science & Culture, Vol. 1 No. 1, Seowon Univ. Feb. 2004
- Shin Heetaik, "A Study on the Application in the Planning of Residential Block", MA., Graduate School of Seowon University, 2010
- Bahn Sangchul, "A Study on the Problems and the Management of the Planning of Urban Housing Complex", Journal of Science & Culture, Vol. 14, Seowon Univ. 2009
- Richard H. Schneider, Ted Kitchen, "Crime Prevention and the Built Environment". Routledge, 2007.
- Timotty D. Crowe, "Crime prevention Through", 2000.
- NCP, "Environmental Design", NCPII, BH, 2000
- Ian Colquhoun, "Design out Crime", Elsevier, 2007.6
- MPC, "Illustration of Crime Prevention", MPC, 2005
- Application of Design Factor for Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design in Apartment Complex vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.4.497