- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Statistical Testing of the Consistency Index in Analytic Hierarchy Process
계층적 의사결정론에서 일관성 지수에 대한 통계적 검정
- Lee, Jong Chan (Department of Statistics, Korea University) ;
- Jhun, Myoungshic (Department of Statistics, Korea University) ;
- Jeong, Hyeong Chul (Department of Applied Statistics, University of Suwon)
- Received : 2013.11.15
- Accepted : 2013.12.02
- Published : 2014.02.28
Significant research has been devoted to the consistency index of the Analytic Hierarchy Process(AHP) from several perspectives. Critics of the consistency index in AHP state that the critical value of consistency index depends on an average of the random index based simulation study using a 9 scale comparison matrix. We found that the distribution of the consistency index followed the skew distribution according to the dimension of the comparison matrix based on a simulation study with a 9 scale comparison matrix. From the simulation study, we suggest a consistency index quantile table to assist the decision-making process in AHP; in addition, we can approximate the distribution of the consistency index to the gamma distribution under the limited assumptions.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Basak, I. (2002). On the use of information criteria in analytic hierarchy process, European Journal of Operational Research, 141, 200-216. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(01)00238-7
- Basak, I. (1989). Estimation of the multi-criteria worths of the alternatives in a hierarchical structure of comparisons, Communication in Statistics Theory and Methods, 18, 3719-3738. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610928908830119
- Basak, I. (2001). The categorical data analysis approach for ratio model of pairwise comparisons, European Journal of Operational Research, 128, 532-544. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(99)00372-0
- Hahn, E. D. (2006). Link function selection in stochastic multicriteria decision making models, European Journal of Operational Research, 172, 86-100. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2004.09.041
- Haines, L. M. (1998). A statistical approach to the analytic hierarchy process with interval judgements (I): Distributions on feasible regions, European Journal of Operational Research, 110, 112-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(97)00245-2
- Jeong, H. C., Lee, J. C. and Jhun, M. (2012). A study for obtaing weights in pairwise comparison matrix in AHP, The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 25, 531-541. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2012.25.3.531
- Ko, K, K. and Lee, K, J. (2001). Statistical characteristics of response consistency parameters in analytic hierarchy process, Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, 26, 71-82.
- Kumar, N. and Ganesh, L. S. (1996). A simulation-based evaluation of the approximate and the exact eigenvector methods employed in AHP, European Journal of Operational Research, 95, 656-662. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(95)00302-9
- Saaty, T. L. (1980). The Analytic Hierarchy Process, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Saaty, T. L. (2003a). Multicriteria Decision Making: The Analytic Hierarchy Process, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Saaty, T. L. (2003b). Decision-making with the AHP: Why is the principal eigenvector necessary, European Journal of Operational Research, 145, 85-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00227-8
- Scholl, A., Manthey, L., Helm, R. and Steiner, M. (2005). Solving multiattribute design problems with analytic hierarchy process and conjoint analysis: An empirical comparison, European Journal of Operational Research, 164, 760-777. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2004.01.026
- Vargas, L. G. (1990). An overview of the analytic hierarchy process and its applications, European Journal of Operational Research, 48, 2-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(90)90056-H
- Xu, Z. (2000). On consistency of the weighted geometric mean complex judgement matrix in AHP. European Journal of Operational Research, 126, 683-687. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(99)00082-X
- Strategy for selecting an optimal propulsion system of a liquefied hydrogen tanker vol.42, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.01.037
- A comparative study on validity of AHP and conjoint analysis: a case of cosmetics preference vol.29, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2016.29.5.921