- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Comparison Study of Equivalent Strut Models for Seismic Performance Evaluation of Masonry-Infilled Frame
조적채움벽 골조의 내진성능평가를 위한 등가 스트럿 모델의 비교연구
- Yu, EunJong (Department of Architectural Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, MinJae (Department of Architectural Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Jung, DaeGye (Department of Architectural Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2013.10.21
- Accepted : 2013.12.30
- Published : 2014.03.03
Masonry-infilled walls have been used in reinforced concrete(RC) frame structures as interior and exterior partition walls. Since these walls are considered as nonstructural elements, they were only considered as additional mass. However, infill walls tend to interact with the structure's overall strength, rigidity, and energy dissipation. Infill walls have been analyzed by finite element method or transposed as equivalent strut model. The equivalent strut model is a typical method to evaluate masonry-infilled structure to avoid the burden of complex finite element model. This study compares different strut models to identify their properties and applicability with regard to the characteristics of the structure and various material models.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Holmes M. Malcolm RJ. Steel frames with brickwork and concrete infilling. ICE Proceedings. 1961;19(4).
- Priestley MJN, Paulay T. Seismic design of reinforced concrete and masonry buildings. Wiley, United States;c2007.
- Kappos, Andreas, Penelis GG. Earthquake resistant concrete structures. Taylor & Francis. United Kingdom;c1996.
- Stafford-Smith B. Behavior of square infilled frames. ASCE Journal of the Structural Division. 1966;92(1):381-404.
- Dolsek, Matjaz, Peter Fajfar. Mathematical modelling of an infilled RC frame structure based on the results of pseudo-dynamic tests. Earthquake engineering & structural dynamics. 2002;31(6): 1215-1230. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.154
- Crisafulli, Francisco Javier. Seismic behaviour of reinforced concrete structures with masonry infills. Doctor of Philosophy. University of Canterbury. 1997.
- Ko H et al. Evaluation of Seismic Behavior for RC Moment Resisting Frame with Masonry Infill Walls. Journal of the Earquake Engineering Society of Korea 2010;14(5):13-22. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2010.14.5.013
- Moon KH et al. Evaluation of Performance of Korean Existing School Buildings with Masonry Infilled Walls Against Earthquakes. Journal of the Earquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2012; 16(6): 37-46. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2012.16.6.037
- Park JH et al. Seismic Performance Evaluation of Masonry-Infilled Frame Structures using Equivalent Strut Models. Journal of the Earquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2012;16(1):47-59. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2012.16.1.047
- Korean Industrial Standards. KS F 4004;c1997.
- Korean Industrial Standards. KS L 5220;c1993.
- Lee WH, Lee JH, Kang DE, Yang WJ. An Experimental Study of Material Characteristics of Brick Masonry Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea. 2004;20(12):45-52.
- Kim HC, Kim KJ, Park JH, Hong WK. Experimental Study on the Material Properties of Unreinforced Masonry Considering Earthquake Load. Journal of the Earquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2001;5(2):93-101.
- Masonry Standards Joint Committee. Building code requirements for masonry structures (ACI 530-05/ASCE 5-05/TMS 402-05). American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Mich.c2005.
- EN, BSIBS. 1-1: 2005, Eurocode 6: design of masonry structures. General rules for reinforced and unreinforced masonry structures, CEN;c2005.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. Prestandard and Commentary for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings: FEMA-356; c2000.
- Code, Uniform Building. Uniform building code. International Conference of Building Officials, Whittier, CA;c1997.
- Masonry Society (US). Masonry Designers' Guide: Based on Building Code Requirements for Masonry Structures (ACI 530-99. Masonry Society;c2001.
- ASCE/SEI Seismic Rehabilitation Standards Committee. Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings (ASCE/SEI 41-06). American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, VA;c2007.
- Dawe JL, Seah CK. Analysis of concrete masonry infilled steel frames subjected to in-plane loads. Proceedings, 5th Canadian Masonry Symposium;c1989.
- Bertoldi SH, Decanini LD, Gavarini C. Telai tamponati soggetti ad azioni sismiche, un modello semplificato: confronto sperimentale e numerico. Attidel 6 Convegno Nazionale ANIDIS, Perugia, 13-15 Ottobre [in Italian];c1993.
- Lee JH, et al. An Experimental Study on Seismic Capacity Evaluation of Brick Infilled RC Frame. journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea 2004;241:39-42.