- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
1D Probabilistic Ground Response Analysis
지반 구조의 불확실성이 고려된 1차원 확률론적 지반응답해석
- Hwang, Hea Jin (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Park, Hyung Choon (Department of Civil Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2013.11.04
- Accepted : 2013.12.13
- Published : 2014.03.03
In this paper, the stochastic 1D site response analysis method using Monte Carlo simulation and considering thespatial variation of shear wave velocity profile isproposed. To consider thespatial variation of shear wave velocity profile for 1D site response analysis, the proposed method generates random shear wave velocity profiles representing the target site, and Monte Carlo simulation is used to calculate theprobability distribution of the site response analysis results such as thepeak ground acceleration. Through the field application, The applicability of the proposed method is verified through field application.
Supported by : 국립문화재연구소
- Idriss IM. Influence of Local Site Conditions on Earthquake Ground Motions. In Proceedings of the 4th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering. Palm Springs. 1990:55-57.
- Seed HB, Murarka R, Lysmer J, and Idriss IM. Relationships between Maximum Acceleration, Maximum Velocity, Distance from Source and Local Site Conditions for Moderately Strong Earthquakes, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 1976;66(4):1323-1342.
- Krammer SL. Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering. Prentice Hall. New Jersey. USA;c1996.
- Park HC and Kim DS.Development of Seismic Characterization Method using HWAW(Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of Wave) Method (I). Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 2004;24(2C):105-115.
- Park HC and Kim DS. Development of Seismic Characterization Method using HWAW(Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of Wave) Method (II) Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 2004;24(2C):117-124.
- Stokoe KH II, Wright SG, Bay JA and Roesset JM. Characterization of geotechnical sites by SASW method. in: ISSMFE Technical Committee #10 for XII IICSMFE. Geophysical Characterization of Sites. A.A.Balkema Publishers/Rotterdam&Brookfield. Netherlands. 1994:15-25.
- Marosi K and Hiltunen D. Characterization of spectral analysis of surface waves shear wave velocity measurement uncertainty. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. 2004;130(10):1034-1041. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(2004)130:10(1034)
- Park CB, Miller RD and Xia JH. Multichannel analysis of surface waves. Geophysics. 1999;64:800-808. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1444590
- Gabriels P , Snieder R, N olet G . In situ measurements o f shear-wave velocity in sediments with higher-mode rayleigh waves. Geophysical Prospecting. 1987;35:187-196. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2478.1987.tb00812.x
- Rota M, Lai CG, Strobbia CL. Stochastic 1D site response analysis at a site in central Italy. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2011;31:626-639. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2010.11.009
- Phoon KK , Kulhawy FH. Characterization of geotechnical variability. Journal of Canadian Geotechnical Engineering. 1999;36(4):612-624. https://doi.org/10.1139/t99-038
- Griffiths DV and Fenton GA. Influence of Soil Strength Spatial Variability on the Stability of an Undrained Clay Slope by Finite Elements. Slope stability 2000. Geotechnical Special Publications. 2000;101:184-193.
- Griffiths DV, Fenton GA. Bearing Capacity of Spatially Random Soil: The Undrained Clay Prandtl Problem Revisited. Geotechnique. 2001;51:351-359. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.2001.51.4.351
- Fenton GA, Griffiths DV. Bearing Capacity Prediction of Spatially Random Soils. Canadian Geotechnical Journal. 2003;40:54-65. https://doi.org/10.1139/t02-086
- Haldar S, Babu GLS. Effect of Soil Variability on the Response of Laterally Loaded Pile in Undrained Clay. Computers and Geotechnics. 2008;35:537-547. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2007.10.004
- Hwang HJ, Park HC. Development of a new method to consider uncertainty of 1-D soil profile for the probabilistic analysis. Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society. 2013;29(3):41-50. https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2013.29.3.41
- Newland DE. Ridge and phase identification in the frequency analysis of transient signal by harmonic wavelet. Journal Vib and Acoustics. 1999;121:149-155. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2893957